Royal Suite/Penthouse - Help with Shoreside Requests

SeeFoodEatIt

Hi - My husband and I will be in a RS in April on the Equinox. My adult son, who decided to travel with us last minute, has an inside cabin down the hall. I read somewhere that you can set up for a day or two to pay $99 per day for him to have the suite amenities. He doesn't drink alcohol, so it would really only be for boarding the ship and maybe a meal or two in Luminae. Have any of your done this, and if so, how did you arrange - by calling the Retreat line ahead of time?  Thanks for any info. 🙂 

33 minutes ago, desiro said:

Hi - My husband and I will be in a RS in April on the Equinox. My adult son, who decided to travel with us last minute, has an inside cabin down the hall. I read somewhere that you can set up for a day or two to pay $99 per day for him to have the suite amenities. He doesn't drink alcohol, so it would really only be for boarding the ship and maybe a meal or two in Luminae. Have any of your done this, and if so, how did you arrange - by calling the Retreat line ahead of time?  Thanks for any info. 🙂 

You son may board with you, no problem with that.  Best solution to dining would be to arrange with the Luminae maitre d'.  There is a fee for each meal.

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8

Had a great experience with Celebrity Beyond a few weeks back, which allayed concern for our return this coming August out of Rome, same ship and stateroom. 

Shoreside Concierge and Spa company lined up nine spa treatments with no problem.

Ordered specific bottles of champagne for our evening dinners (tried all specialties except RTG and did one Luminae dinner). Perfect with great table locations in each venue. They knew we were coming and had extras on table for us on two occasions. 

100% accurate fridge fill with desired drinks. Restocked all the time and never saw them do it.

Mixed berries fresh every day (though only requested first day). Chocolate dipped strawberries plus more champagne I ordered for one of the sea days spent in our room for an afternoon on the balcony and hot tub.

Never asked for embroidered PJs. They just showed up day 3, I believe.

While Luminae was excellent for breakfast, did 4 breakfasts delivered to room at our dining table along with morning cappuccinos every day. Perfectly cooked. No mistakes. Rapid service.

Booked three shore excursions via Celebrity. All were good.

Handled pressing of a few items just after arrival at room on embarkation day so we'd look great for our embarkation dinner in Le Voyage. Did laundry twice more. No problems. 

Didn't need to walk us on, but they insisted. Didn't need to cut the line at one of the port days, but they insisted (and we bypassed a fairly long queue).

The Retreat areas are excellent and were right outside my room, as was Luminae.

For two people, I'd only do this room type on this class of ship. They nailed it. No obnoxious overhang on the balcony from the deck above.

There are a lot of gripes on this site. I really don't have any.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

17 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You son may board with you, no problem with that.  Best solution to dining would be to arrange with the Luminae maitre d'.  There is a fee for each meal.

Thank you. I wasn’t sure if it would be allowed. Would be nice to be able to go on together. Thanks for replying. 

3 hours ago, desiro said:

The only other advice I can give is to call 877-RETREAT and talk to a shoreside concierge. I believe it's option 3 you want. Maybe they can do something for you or, at least, give some better advice. 

I don't think anyone knows whether they still do that program you described, but it's sure worth asking about. Even if it doesn't, I would be surprised if Luminae cannot accommodate your son at least a couple times

If nothing else, you can have a dinner or two (or as many as you'd like) with your son in your suite. You have a fantastic dining table in there and even a half bath. You can arrange it with your butler if you want it served in courses. You also have specialty dining (which is included for your and your husband). 

We were in an RS on Equinox last Fall, and it was fantastic. Best cruise ship room I've ever stayed in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

The only other advice I can give is to call 877-RETREAT and talk to a shoreside concierge. I believe it's option 3 you want. Maybe they can do something for you or, at least, give some better advice. 

I don't think anyone knows whether they still do that program you described, but it's sure worth asking about. Even if it doesn't, I would be surprised if Luminae cannot accommodate your son at least a couple times

If nothing else, you can have a dinner or two (or as many as you'd like) with your son in your suite. You have a fantastic dining table in there and even a half bath. You can arrange it with your butler if you want it served in courses. You also have specialty dining (which is included for your and your husband). 

We were in an RS on Equinox last Fall, and it was fantastic. Best cruise ship room I've ever stayed in.

Thank you for responding and the advice 😊

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

To be honest don't waste your time.   80% of my requests never arrive.   Just as easy to tell Butler, Stateroom Attendant and Retreat host what you need.

Usually I request

2 Isotonic Pillows

Swap Champagne to Chardonay

Select 2 bottels of Gray Goose and Bud for Bar Setup Tonic and Club Soda

Extension Cord

Dinner reservations at Murano

Gosh, Jim_Ian, 80% is awful.  In RS (pre-covid) and PH post covid, we've had 99.9% of our requests fulfilled....including my request for a dish of freshly sliced limes (that can be comical because some staff don't understand the difference between limes and lemons......a cuba libre drink is not the same with a slice of lemon... 🙂 ).  and 2 extra bath towels daily.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, George C said:

I will also request pajamas to be monogrammed, like the idea of cognac but wife isn’t a fan we normally get Bombay sapphire gin and a single malt scotch, although we don’t drink much in suite, going on a music cruise three weeks from tomorrow on summit, did same cruise last year and will do same next year all in royal suite.

So it’s as simple as asking for monogrammed pj’s and they provide them?  How does this work?  Automatic or you have to ask?  And is this on all ships or only those that have been revolutionized?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So it’s as simple as asking for monogrammed pj’s and they provide them?  How does this work?  Automatic or you have to ask?  And is this on all ships or only those that have been revolutionized?

We received them without asking but we were in PH over Christmas/NYE.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, desiro said:

The program as originally announced was $99 for each day of the cruise, you couldn't pick just a couple of days. I agree your son can embark and disembark with you and have priority with you if you have tender ports. I'd aim for just paying for him in Luminae when you dine there, on a pay as you go basis, since he doesnt drink. The $99 program did not include specialty dining. Hopefully you will have a good butler who will be able to make your cruise with your son very easy and delightful. If not, mention that you are traveling with your son to the Retreat Host.  They can make things happen too.  Have a great time. 

11 hours ago, desiro said:

I assume you have already considered and decided against your son being a third in the RS?

Our adult son has joined us in the RS a few times and it has worked well. The second 1/2 bath takes pressure of the bathroom and gives total privacy at night. During the day you have great family space at night the sofa bed is large and comfortable (our son is 6’).

The bonus doing this is your son automatically gets the suite perks included of WiFi, premium drinks package, unlimited speciality dining and laundry along with the access to Luminae, Retreat Deck etc. Add to that the third guest price in a RS/PH is much lower than the price for guests 1 and 2…I would think less than the cost of an inside cabin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

I assume you have already considered and decided against your son being a third in the RS?

Our adult son has joined us in the RS a few times and it has worked well. The second 1/2 bath takes pressure of the bathroom and gives total privacy at night. During the day you have great family space at night the sofa bed is large and comfortable (our son is 6’).

The bonus doing this is your son automatically gets the suite perks included of WiFi, premium drinks package, unlimited specialty dining and laundry along with the access to Luminae, Retreat Deck etc. Add to that the third guest price in a RS/PH is much lower than the price for guests 1 and 2…I would think less than the cost of an inside cabin.

Hi - that's what we wanted to do initially, the problem was that he decided to go months after we booked and they were going to have to reprice the entire suite, to include a third. The price difference from what we had booked originally was HUGE and getting the inside across the hall was WAY more cost effective. So, that's what we decided to do. It will all be fine - can't wait to go!

• Like 2

On the other side we were on a B2B in December and never heard from Shoreside.  To our surprise all our requests were there as the Retreat Manager said they were in my "RECORD" ... hmmm wonder what else in my record. 

Maybe ask your parole officer!😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, desiro said:

Hi - that's what we wanted to do initially, the problem was that he decided to go months after we booked and they were going to have to reprice the entire suite, to include a third. The price difference from what we had booked originally was HUGE and getting the inside across the hall was WAY more cost effective. So, that's what we decided to do. It will all be fine - can't wait to go!

What a pity. It is amazing the way the price of RS and PH suite can go up. Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

We received them without asking but we were in PH over Christmas/NYE.

Were you on an E class ship?  Am wondering if this perk is just for E class as I've been on 2 other S class sailings in a RS and haven't received anything monogrammed.  Definitely going to ask this time on our upcoming cruise.

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

What a pity. It is amazing the way the price of RS and PH suite can go up. Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

We do a music charter on summit in a couple of weeks , the price difference of sky to royal was less than 2k per person which I thought is a bargain considering the perks and size of the suite . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

We do a music charter on summit in a couple of weeks , the price difference of sky to royal was less than 2k per person which I thought is a bargain considering the perks and size of the suite . 

I don't know about the perks, but I'd pay twice the price of a Sky Suite for the separate bedroom and the fantastic balcony. DW also is one who loves that tub on the balcony. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I don't know about the perks, but I'd pay twice the price of a Sky Suite for the separate bedroom and the fantastic balcony. DW also is one who loves that tub on the balcony. 

The Tub on the balcony is great what ever the weather😎

IMG_20220503_162458.thumb.jpg.1895c8bf5e632f612ba2a56b3ca708aa.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Were you on an E class ship?  Am wondering if this perk is just for E class as I've been on 2 other S class sailings in a RS and haven't received anything monogrammed.  Definitely going to ask this time on our upcoming cruise.

No, we were on M-class.  Ask and let us all know the outcome please. 🙂

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I hear it is E Class and revolutionized other ships. Received monogrammed robes (pre-pandemic) and PJs (post) on Summitt in PH. 

• Thanks 1

Generally only available in PS and possibly RS.    If there is one available you may be able to snag one.

Thanks!  I would rather just go to al Bacio or Retreat Lounge and have one made for me!😀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I got one with TH on it. It belonged to Thurston Howell so I sent it back.

Thurston_20Howell_20III_large.jpg

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5