Celebrity eclipse - celebrity suite help

KTPink

Hi everyone. I’m leaving next week for my first ever cruise… a bit nervous and a bit excited. 

We are on a 10 night cruise on Eclipse. Initially we  booked concierge class but this morning have been successful in a move- up bid to a Celebrity Suite.

just wanting to ask if there’s anything I should know? what do I use the butler for? Any reassurance that I need to stop worrying….

Any advice appreciated. This feels so new to me!

thank you

• Like 1

Congratulations! We had a Sky Suite last year and it was a real treat. 

Our butler was super pleasant but we are low maintenance and he mostly helped us with drinks in the room & snacks. He didn’t unpack or anything like that. 

You’ll have a ton of space so pack as much as you want. And with a separate bedroom, it’s easy for one to read or watch a movie while the other sleeps. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KTPink said:

Hi everyone. I’m leaving next week for my first ever cruise… a bit nervous and a bit excited. 

We are on a 10 night cruise on Eclipse. Initially we  booked concierge class but this morning have been successful in a move- up bid to a Celebrity Suite.

just wanting to ask if there’s anything I should know? what do I use the butler for? Any reassurance that I need to stop worrying….

thank you

KTPink, congratulations on your successful move-up bid! I'm sure you will love your suite.

If interested, come over and join our roll call for this cruise, which starts February 27th.

There are multiple events planned for the roll call.

On 2/21/2023 at 9:26 PM, KTPink said:

thank you

We love the Celebrity Suites on the "S" class!!!  Enjoy it and Luminae!!!  Worry about nothing, you will love it.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 9:26 PM, KTPink said:

thank you

A few weeks ago we were in CS-1235 on Equinox for 9 nights.  Let me know if you have any specific questions.  What are you worrying about?

On 2/22/2023 at 1:27 AM, Wombat706 said:

We have booked a Concierge cabin on the aft - if we get a chance, should we bid for a suite or should we stay put?

I would do a move up , all suites will give you a much larger cabin, all meals in suite restaurant Luminae (it is closed for lunch only when in port) great suite lounge with free drinks all day . Upper suites royal and above get free specialty restaurants a liquor setup with two liters of your choice plus more.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, George C said:

I would do a move up , all suites will give you a much larger cabin, all meals in suite restaurant Luminae (it is closed for lunch only when in port) great suite lounge with free drinks all day . Upper suites royal and above get free specialty restaurants a liquor setup with two liters of your choice plus more.

Higher suites also get unlimited laundry.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 1:21 AM, George C said:

Thanks for that - we haven't had an aft cabin before and wanted to try it, but a suite sounds very tempting to bid on if I get the chance to do so.

On 2/22/2023 at 2:26 AM, KTPink said:

thank you

You can arrange things regularly from your butler like coffee at a specific time or an afternoon snack plate. Alternatively he will give you a phone number and you can just phone when you want something. Your butler will serve you any in suite dining. If you have any problems like wet shoes after an excursion phone your butler, he will sort it. Technically in a CS you do not have the mini bar included but some guests have reported that the butler has topped them up with beers, sodas and water. If on your cruise your butler can’t do this it is easy to just bring unopened cans back to your room.

The Eclipse has not yet been upgraded but you will have access to Michael’s Club and Luminae.

Michael’s Club does have a ‘private club’ atmosphere and can be a nice place to enjoy pre and post dinner drinks. We have made some lasting friendships there. There are usually a few special events arranged like a ‘meet the officers’ cocktail evening and musical performances. The concierge will usually arrange a few other events like a helipad sail away or a behind the scenes tour of the galley, theatre or bridge. If you are interested in any of these things let him/her know. Also if you only have a classic drinks package there will be no charge in Michael’s for premium drinks. The concierge is also the person to go to if you have any issues like a wrong charge, no need to go to guest relations.

Luminae has a nice ambiance and excellent service. However, the menu is ‘playfully’ written. It can be hard to know exactly what you are ordering. If you have time, look at some of the Luminae photo reviews to give you some ideas. Alternatively ask you waiter about the menu as you are perusing.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise! 

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 3

On 2/22/2023 at 12:26 PM, KTPink said:

thank you

Congratulations!  We are also in a Concierge Class on a upcoming cruise and hope to bid for one of the vacant suites.  Do you mind telling what you bid for your Celebrity Suite?

2 hours ago, Chatham33 said:

When offered can turbid less than the suggested amount offered?

Technically yes.    If you bid Zero you are less than the minimum but if you tweak the slide bar the minimum will be the first number shown and you can't input anything below that number.