Included wines

Ibis

Yes, that’s is good news, but it was replaced with which Champagne, please? Hopefully, Seabourn does still offer a Champagne, not just a “sparkling wine” in their included selection. This isn’t necessarily part of our decision to book or not to book but it is interesting information to know when making comparisons. Thanks again!

19 hours ago, CruiserfaeFife said:

You’re welcome - hope you enjoy it. Be sure to check out the referral coupon thread at the top of this board to gain some onboard credit as a first-timer. 

I don't see the coupon thread, where is it exactly? Thks

18 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Is it possible to switch out the welcome bottle of Charles Lafitte for something different, even the Montaudon? 

On Quest at the moment the standard champagne pour is Montaudon and is what you receive in your suite.

Can there be some agreement that the advertised complimentary fine wines might come up short for the over 30 crowd?   That fine might be overstated for describing what is being poured?

That 25% discount makes it easy and fun to order off the premium list.   Hopefully, someday!

If I felt the included wines were ‘plonk’, I would upgrade my package. I would also bring wines on board with me and resupply in ports that made sense. We have always done that. We have always decided that ‘included wines’ generally were not ‘all that’ and it makes sense for us to upgrade. JMHO

Edited by Vineyard View

Included wines on all the lines I have been on (Seabourn, Regent, Silversea, Seadream) have been described as fine wines and have all been, if better than plonk IMO, certainly far from fine.

Of course, what you think of as plonk is a personal opinion.  After the first cruise, being a bit annoyed at the description, we  have drunk them as they are about the standard we would have at home on a normal evening,  i.e. up to about £10  a bottle.  Obviously some people regard this as plonk, and have higher standards and maybe a higher income!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, saminina said:

Can there be some agreement that the advertised complimentary fine wines might come up short for the over 30 crowd?   That fine might be overstated for describing what is being poured?

That 25% discount makes it easy and fun to order off the premium list.   Hopefully, someday!

The 25% makes it a no brainer as the wines are competitively priced anyway.

• Like 2

I don't recognise many of the wines off the published [ comp ] list, but those I do are  generally standard supermarket fayre. Certainly, for me, nothing to get excited about.

Edited by MBP&O2/O
Corrupt formatting

4 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I don't recognise many of the wines off the published [ comp ] list, but those I do are  generally standard supermarket fayre. Certainly, for me, nothing to get excited about.

They are not exciting at all, and supermarket fare for sure--but usually something palatable can be found--unless you are a real wine aficionado.  

• Like 1

We haven’t been on Seabourn yet. We truly do enjoy nice wine. We always upgrade our package. I guess what I am hoping for is that the upgraded package is a step above grocery store? Yes, I admit to being a bit picky. And I am okay with that. if not, we can shop in Venice prior and bring some on board. No problem.