New Princess Premium desserts...

Shippy

48 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Anyone know what they are yet ??

My understanding is they are a bunch of fancy souped up ice cream sundaes.  Have you seen the photos?  Also, at least one ship advised not ready to serve them up as yet and were crediting back $10/day.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

My understanding is they are a bunch of fancy souped up ice cream sundaes.  Have you seen the photos?  Also, at least one ship advised not ready to serve them up as yet and were crediting back $10/day.

I have no idea where to find these pictures people always mention. Would you be able to provide a link?

11 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

I have no idea where to find these pictures people always mention. Would you be able to provide a link?

Sorry.  I recall seeing more than one photo posted here in one or more of threads under Princess forum.  I think there was something of a press announcement perhaps with Tyra Banks (don't ask me why her).

ETA:  See Post #4.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Lily said:

I appreciate Princess trying to give “added value” to “plus” packages but… is it just me or does this whole “premium dessert “ thing seem like a bad idea?  

It does to me too 🙄

Perhaps free laundry tokens for a cruise would be more appreciated?
Or Specialty Dining?

Or a free shore excursion?

What do you think?

Rose

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I love that they are offering you two (2) desserts a day and two (2) gym classes to work off the calories.  As if we aren't eating enough calories already.  

Thank you, but no thank you.  Just reduce my package price by $20 and let those who want these extras pay a few dollars ($5 each) more for them (ala carte).  In a previous life time, didn't they charge you for gelato and yoga classes?  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 13
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I love that they are offering you two (2) desserts a day and two (2) gym classes to work off the calories.  As if we aren't eating enough calories already.  

Thank you, but no thank you.  Just reduce my package price by $20 and let those who want these extras pay a few dollars ($5 each) more for them (ala carte).  In a previous life time, didn't they charge you for gelato and yoga classes?  

I have to wonder how crowded those gym classes will be.  Out of 3600 passengers on a royal class ship, assuming just 1000 get Princess Plus/Premium, and only 500 of those take advantage of 1 class a day with say 25 people per class, thats 20 classes.  That assumes no others pay ala-carte to join those classes.  The handful of spin, yoga, pilates classes they offered previously amounted to maybe 6 classes per day with the limited space they have for large exercise classes.  I just don't see how well this is going to work.  A lot of people hopeful for a class will not be able to get into 2 classes per day.  I mean the whole point of currently charging for these existing spin and yoga classes was to keep them from being overwhelmed by people just wanting to try it out in their jeans.

Regarding the premium deserts - I'm wondering if they will only be offered at the ice cream spot on Lido deck.  And if so, they look labor intensive to make and could create crowds on certain days.  Now again, lets say 1000 people with Plus, and 500 choose to partake in those special deserts which will take like 1-2 minutes to put them all together - the math doesn't add up their either.  The same goes for the fruit smoothies.  Probably faster to make, but even Jamba juice takes a few minutes per smoothie and its not like they won't just use existing blenders they have at the bars on board.

Regrettably, these latest perks are things that will be inherently capacity controlled and are pretty low value for most passengers. Since a group of passengers (who paid for plus) will now get these free, expect the longer lines and limited availability as the only constraint on it.  But this is Princess trying to pay off those loans that Carnival has.  Even the Princess marketing team is trying to keep the focus on the value of drinks, gratuities and wifi and less so on these other perks.  Probably because it got confusing, and they realize it's value proposition to many passengers is pretty low.  What's the overlap between the passengers really looking forward to the specialty deserts (2 a day) vs those looking forward to the 2 premium exercise classes?  And then of course, there's me, and I'm not interested in either and likely wouldn't try either even if I had the plus package.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Alaska Lily said:

I appreciate Princess trying to give “added value” to “plus” packages but… is it just me or does this whole “premium dessert “ thing seem like a bad idea?  

It’s not something that interests me, especially since they aren’t even desserts available with meals in the MDR or specialty restaurants. I can’t imagine myself ever going to get ice cream twice a day.

An upgraded main course at dinner would be much more appealing even if it were once or twice a cruise.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I have to wonder how crowded those gym classes will be.  Out of 3600 passengers on a royal class ship, assuming just 1000 get Princess Plus/Premium, and only 500 of those take advantage of 1 class a day with say 25 people per class, thats 20 classes. 

I believe it is two classes total during a cruise.

So with your numbers, that would be 40 classes over the course of the cruise.

Still hard to believe enough classes will be scheduled, especially on short voyages. For a 7 day cruise with 6 full days, that would over 6 classes a day every full day including port days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

I believe it is two classes total during a cruise.

So with your numbers, that would be 40 classes over the course of the cruise.

Still hard to believe enough classes will be scheduled, especially on short voyages. For a 7 day cruise with 6 full days, that would over 6 classes a day every full day including port days.

Right, 2 classes with the perk, but I was assuming that most of those folks would only attend 1 class.

28 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Right, 2 classes with the perk, but I was assuming that most of those folks would only attend 1 class.

Lol, I bought the package for the other perks, and I can assure you I won't be using a single fitness class!!!   I have a feeling I'm not in the minority 😜

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think that Princess knows that many of us will not utilize the desserts or exercise classes, and that Princess is cynically including these “perks“ in the package to make it look like there’s some substance there. Since I don’t drink, these extra perks mean nothing to make the “plus“ economically advantageous to me.

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

The pictures I have seen show booze bottle stuck in the desserts.

Princess described its Premium desserts as "elaborate confections overflowing with gelato, pastry and candy mixtures."

I definitely have a sweet tooth, but just looking at these gives me a sour stomach.  But its my opinion, I'm sure this is just what some people want.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I think that Princess knows that many of us will not utilize the desserts or exercise classes, and that Princess is cynically including these “perks“ in the package to make it look like there’s some substance there. Since I don’t drink, these extra perks mean nothing to make the “plus“ economically advantageous to me.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Princess picked a price they wanted to charge and then threw some random stuff on it to get people to buy. 

• Like 10