New dinner menu

Suite Susie

26 minutes ago, caribill said:

Ihmettelen, onko se todella gelato, joka on erilainen valmiste kuin jäätelö. Epäilen, että se on jäätelöä, ja prinsessa käyttää sanaa gelato saadakseen sen näyttämään siltä, mitä se ei ole.

Herra Googlelta:

Miten gelato eroaa jäätelöstä?

Ainesosat. Vaikka sekä gelato että jäätelö sisältävät kermaa, maitoa ja sokeria, niissä on myös eroja. Aito gelato käyttää enemmän maitoa ja vähemmän kermaa kuin jäätelö, eikä yleensä käytetä munankeltuaisia , jotka ovat jäätelön yleinen ainesosa.

Already in 1992, when I first cruised on Princess, they used the name gelato. At that time, Princess was very Italian-style and many of the captains were also from Italy, as were the restaurant staff.

4 hours ago, RNRcruisers said:

Grossness? I'm curious about what that means. I wasn't thrilled with the menus on our cruise this month, but never went hungry. I have never been on Carnival.

We were on the Carnival Miracle in May, 2022, out of SF. Our first time back on Carnival in 10 years. MDR food was surprisingly good. Can confirm that there were no tablecloths and there was singing and dancing. MDR sea day brunch was excellent.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

We were on the Carnival Miracle in May, 2022, out of SF. Our first time back on Carnival in 10 years. MDR food was surprisingly good.

And the dessert menu includes the chocolate melting cake every evening.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2023 at 10:56 AM, memoak said:

This looks like a great menu to me. Shrimp cocktail is so hum ho. And why does anyone care if the dessert menu is on a separate page ?  Sounds very good for saving paper

I agree with the shrimp cocktail. I mean you can easily have that at home!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roadster08 said:

Agree  I am exactly like you. The menu should say Lasagna, prepared X-style. 

Mama's Lasagna

Prepared Chef Boyardee style

Fixed it.

It is the blandest dish, similar to the old room service one, but with less cheese. Ordered it once.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 1:01 PM, Mike45LC said:

Everyday Favorites are missing.  No fettuccine Alfredo, no Caesars Salad, no French Onion Soup.  These are my very frequent choices when nothing on that day’s menu appeals to me.

We were told that the Favorite are available every night even though they do not appear on the menu every night. Just ask.

We were just on the Enchanted for 20 days.

Edited by Rudy888
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 8:23 AM, memoak said:

I still hate all the waste I see in the buffet. Dishes filled with uneaten food being thrown away. There used to be a saying “Take all you want eat all you take”

This is why I've only been to the buffet once. Ppl looked like they were grocery shopping but then tossed it out!! 

On 2/27/2023 at 6:06 AM, kevinyork said:

The terrine mentions jelly which could contain gelatine, possibly why they is no v symbol next to it.

I’m sure you know but almost all the cheese on Princess contains animal rennet, they tend not to use vegetarian friendly cheeses.

I used to follow kashrut. If it was good enough for my Rabbi, it was good enough for me. Now I'm just vegetarian 

On 2/27/2023 at 3:11 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Salty Dog Gastropub

So excited to try that!! 

On 2/27/2023 at 4:44 PM, justafem said:

Dream is raspberry mousse, covered in a pink sugar crust

That could be really good if not terribly sweet. 

On 2/28/2023 at 8:46 AM, caribill said:

One difference: The Princess dining room tables have tablecloths on them.

And I enjoy an assigned waiter / asst waiter. 

@Torfamm looking forward to the white rum fruit salad, Vegetarian Greek Meatballs, and sorbet!! 6 weeks until I board 😁 Thank you for the menus 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Here is today’s menu on my cruise

07E26B7E-AADF-40F0-92A1-1CF4EA9CE422.thumb.jpeg.b8a24beb342f72e2415a8ff6f833742d.jpegB7D0368C-5DE8-440C-828F-49FDDF277AAA.thumb.jpeg.83f239414893c8e04c9b8e9bb9a61947.jpeg576786EF-4063-41D0-AF3E-FD8840548B2C.thumb.jpeg.21ea15e2be82715d04857a54c8effef7.jpegC1DE5500-7A4A-452F-A96E-496F9B48504A.thumb.jpeg.25cb87ed94a707895148d83e7bbb4108.jpeg

There was an additional starter offered on the printed menu in the MDR tonight - Country Pate. I had it and thought it was very good

• Like 1

I am a little late to the discussion. All the menus posted I quite like and I LOVE the desserts on the same page. We can now order the entire meal at once instead of waiting for desert menu and wasting time.

I also very much like an option for upcharge filet/lobster since I am not a steak person and DH is. I am not a fan of Crown Grill menu (I know I am in minority here), so this gives DH an option of ordering what he enjoys while I get the variety of MDR.

If truly nothing looks good on the MDR menu (never had this happen before), there is always option of a burger from the kids menu.

• Like 4

On 2/28/2023 at 1:25 PM, caribill said:

Another difference: On Princess the waitstaff does not dance on top of the dining room tables.

It has just become so difficult to find a good table dance on a cruise ship nowadays. I guess I could ask my wife to volunteer.....

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, RedIguana said:

It has just become so difficult to find a good table dance on a cruise ship nowadays. I guess I could ask my wife to volunteer.....

You haven't cruised carnival lately.  Becky is always dancing on the table, sometimes she has a shirt.  (the name Becky is my go-to girl dancing on the table)

On 2/25/2023 at 12:22 PM, JimmyVWine said:

This is correct. Though with recent issues involving the ethics of foie, the pâté is not nearly as common as it once was. As for the Parma ham, I have to say that I’ve never seen that. Lousy weather this weekend so maybe I’ll spend some time with my cookbook collection. 

Also try the Gordon Ramsey version with the crepe in place of the ham. Good if you watching your sodium intake.

16 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Looks pretty much like the recent menus. Going on Enchanted in 6 weeks and hpe they will also be like that.

Petit Fours still served on formal evenings?

I think they may have had them as an additional item. I didn’t have dessert so I’m not certain but I think I saw them on someone’s table

First time on Princess, are the pastas a main dish or an appetizer size dish?  Can you ask for an appetizer size (instead of ordering an appetizer)?

Also, if you ask for a traditional Caesar salad do you get chickpeas or croutons?

Thanks in advance

36 minutes ago, ravenjls said:

First time on Princess, are the pastas a main dish or an appetizer size dish?  Can you ask for an appetizer size (instead of ordering an appetizer)?

Also, if you ask for a traditional Caesar salad do you get chickpeas or croutons?

Thanks in advance

Pastas can be ordered either as a main course or appetizer