Question re breakfast at the Blu

cruise101

2 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

is breakfast available every day in Blu?

The last cruise I was on, I had skipped ordering a breakfast smoothie while dining in BLU until the last few days of my trip.  Big mistake, as I had forgotten how good they are, and that the size (7-8 oz) is manageable with having other breakfast menu items.  Give them a try!

52 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Wouldn't the beverage package cover those?

Sorry, I don't have a beverage package.

Also Gold 1953, you make reference to the Elite Coffee House. Where is this, or are you referring to the Elite & above Breakfast in the Tuscan Dining Room?

1 minute ago, cruise101 said:

Sorry, I don't have a beverage package.

Also Gold 1953, you make reference to the Elite Coffee House. Where is this, or are you referring to the Elite & above Breakfast in the Tuscan Dining Room?

@cruise101:  While you are asking Gold1953 I suspect they are referring to the Elite and Above Captain's Club breakfast,  While you don't state (or at least I missed it) which ship you will be on this Captain's Club breakfast is in the Tuscan Grill on S- and M-class ships.  For those who are not bacon and egg breakfast folks it is a nice alternative.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Does anyone know if the beverage package (included in the AQ fare without jumping through a lot of hoops or going through the gambling program) covers lattes, etc. in Blu?

woyh - while not sure, I would think that while in Blu those types of beverages are included, outside of Blu is where it becomes dicey, possibly and based on your beverage package.

Upgraded wines are different and would think that rules would apply there...

I Am sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or rebut my thoughts on this...

Cheers and bon voyage

ETA: just saw G1953's post and it does sound like those coffees will not be included...

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

woyh - while not sure, I would think that while in Blu those types of beverages are included, outside of Blu is where it becomes dicey, possibly and based on your beverage package.

Upgraded wines are different and would think that rules would apply there...

I Am sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or rebut my thoughts on this...

Cheers and bon voyage

ETA: just saw G1953's post and it does sound like those coffees will not be included...

It was unclear whether or not @gold1953had a package or not, which is why I was asking.

I definitely have a Bev package due to the AI aspect of Aqua, and I bumped to Premium. Worst-case I go to Baccio...it would be more convenient to be able to get it in Blu, but no huge deal if not.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Does anyone know if the beverage package (included in the AQ fare without jumping through a lot of hoops or going through the gambling program) covers lattes, etc. in Blu?

Yep!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It was unclear whether or not @gold1953had a package or not, which is why I was asking.

I definitely have a Bev package due to the AI aspect of Aqua, and I bumped to Premium. Worst-case I go to Baccio...it would be more convenient to be able to get it in Blu, but no huge deal if not.

I never get a beverage package. I asked for a latte at breakfast in Blu and the waiter asked for my card then came back and said  " oh you don't have a package so your latte is $5" I said " no thank you" . I went next door and had it free

'

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I assumed that they would be included in Blu and was surprised that they are not

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 5:15 PM, gold1953 said:

I assumed that they would be included in Blu and was surprised that they are not

Did you book before they made All Inclusive a mandatory part of Aqua class? And then perhaps look at current descriptions of Aqua which says bev pkg is included?

13 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Did you book before they made All Inclusive a mandatory part of Aqua class? And then perhaps look at current descriptions of Aqua which says bev pkg is included?

I was there on a move up bid which does not include the drink package

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 10:12 AM, marieps said:

Please also note breakfast times in Blu can vary depending on whether it's a port or sea day.   In our experience breakfast will be served 30 minutes earlier (and end earlier as well) on a port day.

And it's only open for 90mins although even if you show up 5mins before they close they'll still let you dine