Live From the Royal Princess March 2, 2023 Mexican Riviera Cruise

Woobstr112G

Super speedy and easy check in.  Ship looking good, beautiful weather.  

A little bit of everything from the India themed lunch buffet with view of Alcatraz Island and Coit Tower the other direction.

E49CB8F6-B602-4E26-BF92-96BD00FB0747.jpeg

54DBEF4A-8459-47F5-A855-9447DAD2F4CC.jpeg

F8F5D8DB-1F48-4A82-9C30-01F7CEECB634.jpeg

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

We are onboard. Very seem less embarkation process…..

Bob

4CF2AFD7-542E-46D3-9958-9041B2606571.thumb.jpeg.a55ff6429d452704719e0cc7f87151e0.jpeg

Bob,

Have a fabulous time.  Will be following along with you. Can’t wait for the day we finally walk back on a Princess ship. We are still waiting. It’s been over 3 years

Donna 

On 2/28/2023 at 8:45 AM, martinitime1 said:

Thank you, I have been looking at one of their PRS 516 sport watches with the Powermatic 80 movement. I am hoping they are carrying those on board.

Tissot PRS 516 Powermatic 80 - T1314301104200 | TissotTissot - PRS 516 Watch, 42mm

Sorry that this is off topic - Martinitime, have you looked at the PRS 516’s on Jomashop?  I’m guessing better pricing than on ship.

(Former Livermore resident, and avid watch collector, so I had to comment)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

We are onboard. Very seem less embarkation process…..

Bob

4CF2AFD7-542E-46D3-9958-9041B2606571.thumb.jpeg.a55ff6429d452704719e0cc7f87151e0.jpeg

What category is your room if you don't mind me asking?  What check in time did you have?  What was your actual boarding time?  Inquiring minds would like to know, LOL!!  Also, can you let me know if they are charging taxes on the drink package beverages ordered until the ship hits the International waters.  Thanks so much!  Smooth sailing and thanks for taking us all along!!

Edited by like2cruise

Sailaway.jpg.393c47c6ece0ebc6a13c97619e746fb2.jpg

A very good afternoon from the Royal Princess. We just pulled away from the docks to begin our wonderful cruise. I cannot wait to see what the next 10 days hols in store.  Embarkation was a breeze. we walked into the terminal around 1000 and were on the ship within less than an hour.

When we boarded we were told that our cabin wouldn't be ready until 1300. We were however able to drop off our bags in the cabin before we went to explore a little. We are in a PH suite on the Riviera deck. I like the location as it is right across from the suite lounge and a ery short distance for the self service laundry.

First impressions are the ship looks beautiful for being ten years old. The crew, the few we've interacted with, have been super friendly. The Medallion app seems to be working pretty well. Had a little hiccup involving ordering a drink while we were sitting at Crooners. I ordered a drink, via the app, and it was never delivered. My medallion app said it was delivered. I just went up to the bar and told them about the issue and they happily made me another drink. 

As fas as dinner plans go, we just might grab something from the buffet after we meet up with some cruising buddies in Vines at 1800. 

One interesting thing I'd like to mention concerns the self service laundry. My cabin steward told me that if I wanted to do my own laundry to let him know and he would give me some free tokens. In the past when we've sailed a suite/had our elite status we've enjoyed the free laundry service that we sent in but I still always paid for the self service laundry if I chose to use it. I'm not sure if this was alway a suite perk that I wasn't aware of or something new. In any case, I kinda like it.

Thats all for now. 

Bob

• Like 5

1 hour ago, like2cruise said:

What category is your room if you don't mind me asking?  What check in time did you have?  What was your actual boarding time?  Inquiring minds would like to know, LOL!!  Also, can you let me know if they are charging taxes on the drink package beverages ordered until the ship hits the International waters.  Thanks so much!  Smooth sailing and thanks for taking us all along!!

We are in a Penthouse Suite on the riviera deck. I think our check in time was 1100 but we got to the terminal early and had no trouble getting onboard. I'll look into the issue about the taxes.....

Bob

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

We are in a Penthouse Suite on the riviera deck. I think our check in time was 1100 but we got to the terminal early and had no trouble getting onboard. I'll look into the issue about the taxes.....

Bob

So sorry Bob...I guess I was a little too anxious with my questions and should of waited for your wonderful update.  You are extremely kind and patient to personally reply with the information.  It sounds like your cruise is off to a great start!  Smooth sailing!!

46 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Bob , first night on the cruise you get free specialty dining since you are in a suite.

Correct - and if you cant make it the first night ask the suite concierge if you can book the free speciality dinning another night.  Sometime they do that, worth asking if you cant make it the first night. 

DW and I disembarked the ship about 9am this morning.  We had a great cruise - enjoy yours...

• Like 1

An early goon morning from the Royal Princess. This is our first of three days at sea as we journey on to our first stop in Mexico. No picture this morning as we lost an hour last night i.e. it's 0630 ish and still dark outside. 

We had a good first night on the ship. We met up with some friends and enjoyed a few drinks in Vines. I must say that I’m impressed with adult cocktails on onboard. After we finished our get together with our friends, we decided we were just going to do dinner at the buffet. I found the buffet choices to be plentiful. The items I selected were tasty however the hot items were barely lukewarm at best. I realize food is subjective, but that’s what I encountered.

So far on this voyage the crew members I’ve encountered have been fantastic. All have smiles on their faces and were very friendly.

Definitely rude passengers on the ship. My biggest beef so far are the elevator rushers. So far I’ve seen two instances of people basically pushing people, who were trying to exit, back into the elevator so the rushers could enter. I even had a run in with a group of four adult rushers that almost ran into us before we could even exit the elevator. I lost my cool a bit and yelled at the rushers. I’m not happy that I lost my cool, but my DW walks with a cane and isn’t that steady on her feet.

Internet has been working but is very slow. You can surf the net and check emails but streaming would not be good. Throughout the ship I’m getting only in the high 2’s for both up and down. Ping rates are insanely high as well.

Going down in a bit to enjoy Sabatini's for breakfast (Suite perk). I might be going solo as DW is still in bed. Later on today I  might go exploring some shops or just hang out. 

That's all for now. Hope all have a great day.....

Bob
  • Like 7

Look forward to your updates.
Enjoy your cruise, later on can you let us know if Princess is enforcing the unoccupied lounges by the pool that are clearly snagged up by those that disappear for hours at a time.

Thanks

Christine

Just finished my first suite breakfast in Sabatinis. Food and especially the service were outstanding. I went solo as my DW is not really a morning person. They are open 0730-1030 on sea days so if she wants to go before they close, I’ll take her down there. 

One cool thing I discovered is they will have a “Super Tuscan wine pairing dinner the night we leave Cabo. Below is a picture of the menu. Cost will be $60.00pp and from looking at the menu it’s well worth it. I already made reservations.

Bob0977D21C-13F0-4441-837E-2383BEDF5DD1.thumb.jpeg.f0a36d06bf7d67311113bb942ddd6c94.jpeg

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

What did you get in your mini bar set up last year on my princess cruises it was lacking items.

The usual soda and beer offerings  (Dos Equis) in the fridge. The small liquor bottles were four bottles of New Amsterdam gin and four bottles led of Absolute vodka…..

Bob

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WAvoyager said:

Sorry that this is off topic - Martinitime, have you looked at the PRS 516’s on Jomashop?  I’m guessing better pricing than on ship.

(Former Livermore resident, and avid watch collector, so I had to comment)

Hi WAvoyager, yes I troll Jomashop all the time LOL. The top blue face they have for $525.00, the black dial is new to Tissot and not on the grey market, yet. Shopping is half the fun. Plus when you live in a county with 10% sales tax, you can save a chunk on the duty free.

Edited by martinitime1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Sailaway.jpg.393c47c6ece0ebc6a13c97619e746fb2.jpg

A very good afternoon from the Royal Princess. We just pulled away from the docks to begin our wonderful cruise. I cannot wait to see what the next 10 days hols in store.  Embarkation was a breeze. we walked into the terminal around 1000 and were on the ship within less than an hour.

When we boarded we were told that our cabin wouldn't be ready until 1300. We were however able to drop off our bags in the cabin before we went to explore a little. We are in a PH suite on the Riviera deck. I like the location as it is right across from the suite lounge and a ery short distance for the self service laundry.

First impressions are the ship looks beautiful for being ten years old. The crew, the few we've interacted with, have been super friendly. The Medallion app seems to be working pretty well. Had a little hiccup involving ordering a drink while we were sitting at Crooners. I ordered a drink, via the app, and it was never delivered. My medallion app said it was delivered. I just went up to the bar and told them about the issue and they happily made me another drink. 

As fas as dinner plans go, we just might grab something from the buffet after we meet up with some cruising buddies in Vines at 1800. 

One interesting thing I'd like to mention concerns the self service laundry. My cabin steward told me that if I wanted to do my own laundry to let him know and he would give me some free tokens. In the past when we've sailed a suite/had our elite status we've enjoyed the free laundry service that we sent in but I still always paid for the self service laundry if I chose to use it. I'm not sure if this was alway a suite perk that I wasn't aware of or something new. In any case, I kinda like it.

Thats all for now. 

Bob

I cannot for the life of me understand using the app to order a drink while you are sitting in a bar

• Like 2

One thing I’d like to mention, for those that may not know, regarding the Royal Princess concerns the sundry store (Old Godiva store on deck 5). If you forget some things (OTC Meds, combs, tooth brushes, etc) be advised the offerings in the store are very minimal at best. I’m not sure if the Calypso Cove store has additional items but I’ll check it out later.

Bob 

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

I cannot for the life of me understand using the app to order a drink while you are sitting in a bar

It was the first time trying the app. I just wanted to see for myself how it worked…..

Bob

• Like 2