Live From the Royal Princess March 2, 2023 Mexican Riviera Cruise

Woobstr112G

Wishing you a wonderful cruise! We did this same itinerary on the Royal from 1/31 to 2/10. It was a great trip and I hope you have a great trip too!!! Looking forward to reading your reports.

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

A5ED2BD5-0C45-4717-AADA-B854EE1A88DD.thumb.jpeg.813cc80dc8c48b1283a368636340d50a.jpeg

Waiting on our ride to Sky Harbor airport. Down to just under five hours till wheels up…..

Bob

When I saw the first luggage photo you posted I thought, wow, Holli is traveling light.Then when I saw this one I realized the first photos were only your luggage. Looks like she will be changing clothes several times a day. Or she packs like I do, in case, in case, in case clothes.When we cruise next, I will have to do all the lifting of suitcases (Lew no longer can), so no in case clothes for me and I already told hubby I can only lift 24 inch suitcases.Have a wonderful cruise. Look forward to following you along on your journey. Also looking forward to seeing you on the new Sun Princess next year.happy cruising to you and Holli.

Gloria

• Like 1

So we are driving to Phoenix when I get a text message from American Airlines saying that my seat has been changed. Only problem is it was changed from first class ticket to the back of the plane. I jump on my cell and called AMR. Seem that my seat was taken out of service (it’s broke). Agent told me to contact t he gate agent to see what they can do for me.

Interesting way to start the cruise…..,

Bob

• Thanks 1

Good evening everyone from the city of San Francisco. Holli & I got here several hours ago. We are staying at the Hotel Riu. It is an okay establishment for an overnight stay. I wouldn't stay here much longer as the hotel does not have room service and their version of a restaurant is only open in the morning for a buffet style breakfast. They do have a "Grab & Go" area that serves prepackaged salads, etc. What I like about the hotel is the location. It is only about a short (10 minutes or less) walk from the Pier 39 area.

Now to talk about my flight drama from Sky Harbor to SFO. When we got to the gate, the agent told me my seat was taken down because it was broken. I lucked out however and was given my seat back when another First Class passenger didn't show up. Now here's where it gets interesting. About two to three minutes after siting down, I was approached and told the passenger had shown up and I would have to go back to my seat in the back. It was then explained to me that my seat was not the one that was broken, but another FC passenger's seat was broken. This passenger had a high AMR loyalty status and thus bumped me out of my seat. I subsequently went to my "In the rear with the gear" seat. About five minutes after sitting down, I was again approached and told that the seat had been fixed and I was allowed to return to my FC seat and sit with my DW. 

Not much on tap for tonight. We are still trying to decide if we are going to just hang out in the room or walk down to Pier 39. We plan to take advantage of the breakfast tomorrow before the car service I hired picks us up for the short ride to the terminal.

That's all for now. Hope all are well.....

Bob

1 hour ago, tcdcruiser said:

Writing from Vines at 5pm. For those boarding tomorrow can report all is great.  Staff is happy. Food is good. No shortage of wine.  

Just make sure there is enough vermouth left.....

Bob

• Like 1

An early good morning (0440) from the city of San Francisco. As expected, I didn't get much sleep as I'm just too keyed up about getting on the ship in about 7 or so hours. It will be my first cruise in a little over three years. Cruising is what I truly love to do and now I 'm back at it.

Last night, we ventured out to Pier 39 and had dinner at the Fog Harbor restaurant. The food was very good and we had an overall very good experience.

We plan to avail ourselves of the hotel's buffet breakfast around 0830. I hired a car service to take us to the pier around 1000.

Can't wait to get onboard the Royal Princes.....

Bob

• Like 4

On 2/28/2023 at 8:03 AM, Woobstr112G said:

I heard recently that Princess has changed the MDR menus. I am interested to see what the new menu has to offer.

Just off the Enchanted - we weren't impressed with the new menu - interested to hear what you think.  

Enjoy your cruise - it felt great to get back to cruising!

3 hours ago, Tyskie said:

Just off the Enchanted - we weren't impressed with the new menu - interested to hear what you think.  

Enjoy your cruise - it felt great to get back to cruising!

We were on the Royal 4 weeks ago and they didn’t have the new menus at that time. The menus were the same ones we’ve had since the restart in 2021. They have the nightly fettuccine Alfredo and the French onion soup (my favorite with extra cheese). I think the new menus have a nightly lasagna instead of the fettuccine.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

Public Service Announcement:

Friday, March 3rd, is National Irish Whiskey Day. (At least it is in the US.)

I suppose I'll have to wait until AFTER work before celebrating this holiday...😪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LADYBUG55 said:

Could you please let us know the dress code for formal night.

We've read that jachets, suits are no longer required, is this true.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Have a great cruise!!

Slacks and long sleeve shirt will suffice. I like to add a sports coat but that is just my style. Not only don’t I bring a tie I don’t even own one any more. Here in the PNW jeans will work for almost any event except weddings and funerals