Live From the Royal Princess March 2, 2023 Mexican Riviera Cruise

Woobstr112G

Looks similar to the performance from last year.  My wife had no problems - mainly surfing new articles for her work.  I couldn’t use anything - mainly games, which get clobbered by high ping times.  I was sick in bed for half the cruise, with no iPad entertainment.  Bleh!

On 3/4/2023 at 4:04 AM, Woobstr112G said:

An early good morning from the Royal Princess. It is a tad after 0600 (we lost another hour last night 😩😩😩) as we begin our second full day at sea sailing towards our first port stop in Mexico.

I don't understand. The entire West Coast is on the same time zone and it is not changing until March 12th when Daylight Savings time arrives. Why would you lose an hour? Or are you referring to the difference to the time zone where you live??

2 minutes ago, that said:

Change toTime zone to Mexico port

OK, got it. Interesting that they change the time so early while still off the California coast. I guess it helps passengers get used to it before arriving at the first port. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joy Bunny said:

I don't understand. The entire West Coast is on the same time zone and it is not changing until March 12th when Daylight Savings time arrives. Why would you lose an hour? Or are you referring to the difference to the time zone where you live??

The time in Puerto Vallarta (first port stop) is 2 hours ahead of California.

• Like 1

530 pm all aboard, but about 545 pm Pier Runners!   A ship’s officer spoke with them, and I can only image the conversation.  Lucky them since we were waiting for a ship’s tour bus that was a bit late. It arrived at 550 pm.  

Now we are all aboard but trapped by the Navigator of the Seas waiting on one missing passenger.  We are in berth 3 and the NOTS is in berth 2.  

Time for crooners. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, tcdcruiser said:

530 pm all aboard, but about 545 pm Pier Runners!   A ship’s officer spoke with them, and I can only image the conversation.  Lucky them since we were waiting for a ship’s tour bus that was a bit late. It arrived at 550 pm.  

Now we are all aboard but trapped by the Navigator of the Seas waiting on one missing passenger.  We are in berth 3 and the NOTS is in berth 2.  

Time for crooners. 

I guess the NOTS has a REALLY late excursion?

IMG_1723(1).jpg.cd9106f16aef8c9223095681d9bf7938.jpg

Good evening from the Royal Princess. We sailed away from Puerto Vallarta about an hour and change ago. Today in port we didn't have much planned so I got off the ship and walked around a bit. I was only off for about 90 minutes before reboarding. The weather was a bit warm and it must have tired me out because I actually took a nap when I got on board. After I got up, Holli & I watched a couple of movies on the ship's TV. I must say that the selection of on demand movies is quite large & diverse. 

We decided to hang out in the cabin instead of going to dinner. I'll probably order something from room service. Earlier I had another app fail regarding food. Something was ordered and never delivered. I'm not mad, just reporting on what I'm experiencing.

As far as entertainment goes, an abridged mentioning is as follows. The movie "Tolkien" was shown in the Vista lounge @ 1300. An old UB40 concert (2002) was shown on MUTS at 1530. Jurassic World: Dominion was shown on MUTS 1800 & 2100. The theater show was Guest Soprano Elina Moon  @ 1930 & 2130. 

Tomorrow is Manzanillo. We do not have any excursion planned so we'll figure out tomorrow what we are going to do.

That's all for now. I hope all are well.....

Bob

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Tomorrow is Manzanillo. We do not have any excursion planned so we'll figure out tomorrow what we are going to do.

I’ll be interested about your opinion of Manzanillo which we’ll visit for the first time in April 2024 on Discovery which also includes a total solar eclipse at sea near Mazatlan.

11 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

IMG_1723(1).jpg.cd9106f16aef8c9223095681d9bf7938.jpg

Good evening from the Royal Princess. We sailed away from Puerto Vallarta about an hour and change ago. Today in port we didn't have much planned so I got off the ship and walked around a bit. I was only off for about 90 minutes before reboarding. The weather was a bit warm and it must have tired me out because I actually took a nap when I got on board. After I got up, Holli & I watched a couple of movies on the ship's TV. I must say that the selection of on demand movies is quite large & diverse. 

We decided to hang out in the cabin instead of going to dinner. I'll probably order something from room service. Earlier I had another app fail regarding food. Something was ordered and never delivered. I'm not mad, just reporting on what I'm experiencing.

As far as entertainment goes, an abridged mentioning is as follows. The movie "Tolkien" was shown in the Vista lounge @ 1300. An old UB40 concert (2002) was shown on MUTS at 1530. Jurassic World: Dominion was shown on MUTS 1800 & 2100. The theater show was Guest Soprano Elina Moon  @ 1930 & 2130. 

Bob

Bob just a thought Bruce had the same issue with food and beverage delivery though the app. We went to guest services and they discovered that the battery in his medallion was low. They replaced his medallion - it took all of 5 minutes, and he was all set. Maybe give that a shot.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ll be interested about your opinion of Manzanillo which we’ll visit for the first time in April 2024 on Discovery which also includes a total solar eclipse at sea near Mazatlan.

Hi Frank, we will see you on that cruise!!  Are you booked on the shortie one before that?

16 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

If you don't book a tour that takes you out of town, the town itself is nothing. Really not a tourist area but a place where people live and shop. We have explored the whole town as we have been there at least 5 times. Was there in December and wished we didn't get off the ship. The dock is a huge walk to the exit out. Very hot and humid day and Lew got sick in town. Cab will only take you to the entrance to the dock and it was such a long walk to the ship with no transportation to pick any one up. I had to have someone get a wheelchair for Lew when we finally got to the ship.There are some nice tours to towns but bus rides are long. Next time we won't get off the ship.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

Hi Frank, we will see you on that cruise!!  Are you booked on the shortie one before that?

Meredith…We decided not to book that 3 day cruise but periodically check to see if prices drop which the current fare is half the price of our 10 day cruise. Looking forward to seeing some of our cruise buddies there.

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

If you don't book a tour that takes you out of town, the town itself is nothing. Really not a tourist area but a place where people live and shop. We have explored the whole town as we have been there at least 5 times. Was there in December and wished we didn't get off the ship. The dock is a huge walk to the exit out. Very hot and humid day and Lew got sick in town. Cab will only take you to the entrance to the dock and it was such a long walk to the ship with no transportation to pick any one up. I had to have someone get a wheelchair for Lew when we finally got to the ship.There are some nice tours to towns but bus rides are long. Next time we won't get off the ship.

Thanks Gloria…it might be another seaday in port for us on a less crowded ship. ☺️ 

Good evening all from the Royal Princess. We just got back from having dinner with a bunch of our cruising buddies. Tonight we ate at Alfredo's. The service and food were both very good. Our waiter Henrique from Brazil was very nice. He did mention to us when we were seated that they were understaffed tonight but he did his absolute best to made sure we had a very good dining experience. 

We've yet to dine in the MDR so I cannot comment on that. One of our dinner companions had walked by the Symphony MDR and said the line for people without reservations was very long. 

We didn't have anything planned in Manzanillo today so I got off the ship and took some pictures. The humidity was high so I made a beeline back to the ship after 30-45 minutes. If memory serves me right, there were not many ship based excursions offered. Before we got on the ship I looked at the various offerings and they all seemed to involve too much walking for Holli and her back issues. As Gloria stated in her previous post there is definitely not much to do in town if you do not do a Princess excursion.

Tomorrow in Mazatlan we have a ship excursion planned that shouldn't be too hard for Holli to participate in. 

That's all for now. Hope all are well.....

Bob

• Like 3

On 3/6/2023 at 3:58 PM, tcdcruiser said:

Time for crooners. 

Yes the pier runners were very funny and more at our next port!  One would think people would learn by example, but…

Sad to hear about the rude folks in elevators. As able bodied hikers, we challenge ourselves to let those needing help have the lifts and always take stairs.  With from 5th to 17th levels after returning onboard we feel the burn.

I’ve been impressed with the general good will of passengers this cruise.  Better than our three previous Princess cruises, I think because of so many west coast residents (CA, OR, WA, AZ, BC, NV etc).

great log

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

IMG_1730.thumb.jpg.9d15bd24aad2397822cd8b61045e704c.jpgIMG_1731.thumb.jpg.07e0b9147968653ea3fe2e2821ae3854.jpgIMG_1732.thumb.jpg.1b7f54c4bc2164a121a37fe546f02a3e.jpgIMG_1733.thumb.jpg.51739fc58f153b6e74fe385cd2ff7d1a.jpgIMG_1730.thumb.jpg.9d15bd24aad2397822cd8b61045e704c.jpg

Here are the Tissot offerings in the Facets store that someo ne was asking earlier about.....

Bob

That was me Bob. Thank you and Holli for the pics. That is a good assortment. That blue face PRS 516 is in the lower right, pics 1 and 4.

3 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Yes the pier runners were very funny and more at our next port!  One would think people would learn by example, but…

Sad to hear about the rude folks in elevators. As able bodied hikers, we challenge ourselves to let those needing help have the lifts and always take stairs.  With from 5th to 17th levels after returning onboard we feel the burn.

I’ve been impressed with the general good will of passengers this cruise.  Better than our three previous Princess cruises, I think because of so many west coast residents (CA, OR, WA, AZ, BC, NV etc).

great log

My DH likes to go up the stairs but not down more than 2-3 flights at a time due to knee pain.  On our last cruise on Discovery we were staying on deck 12. in the morning we would climb the forward stairs to deck 18, take the elevator down to deck 5, climb the stairs all the way back to deck 18 again, take the elevator back down to 5, and have our breakfast! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An early good morning from the Royal Princess.  We are sailing towards our final port stop of Cabo San Lucas. We will be here from 0800 -1700 and this will be a tendered port. While in Cabo, I am going to try and hook up with a former coworker who is sailing on the Carnival Panorama. They will also be in port from 0700-1400.  

Yesterday was our stop in Mazatlan. Holli's back was bothering her so we unfortunately did not get off the ship. We ended up just hanging out in the cabin and later enjoying the Suite happy hour in the Concierge lounge. 

For dinner we dined in the Crown Grill. Holli had the Surf & Turf (which she enjoyed) while I initially ordered something listed as a 16oz "Beef Chop." It was basically a very thin bone in ribeye. I know food is a very subjective issue, but my steak was truly bad and inedible. Nearly half of the steak was nothing but gristle and fat. The quality of the steak reminded me of something you would get at Norms or Denny's. Our waiter however was great as he saw that I was not enjoying my selection. He readily replaced it with a filet that was absolutely delicious. 

After dinner we wandered aroun d the Pizza and enjoyed some music before calling it a night and returning to the cabin. 

Bob

• Like 5