Booking with a TA

kilili

Hi all,

We a cruise booked directly with Princess.  Final payment is at the end of the month.  The price of the cruise has gone down slightly. I am considering using a TA to book and wondered what my options were.

1.  Can I transfer bookings made with Princess to a TA?

2. If I can't and the TAs quote is worth it, I would cancel what I have (refundable deposit) and make a new booking. Could I do this?  If the OBC is decent enough I may save money by buying standard package and paying PLUS or PREMIER on board.

3.  If the booking is made by the TA (not big box), would I be able to bid for an upgrade?

4.  Will I have access to my personalizer, etc if I use a TA?

Thank you all in advance for your help.  This is our first Princess Cruise.

5 minutes ago, kilili said:

Hi all,

We a cruise booked directly with Princess.  Final payment is at the end of the month.  The price of the cruise has gone down slightly. I am considering using a TA to book and wondered what my options were.

2. If I can't and the TAs quote is worth it, I would cancel what I have (refundable deposit) and make a new booking. Could I do this?  If the OBC is decent enough I may save money by buying standard package and paying PLUS or PREMIER on board.

3.  If the booking is made by the TA (not big box), would I be able to bid for an upgrade?

You say the fare went down?  Is this the sale that ends today?  I’d call Princess right now and check, as tomorrow may be too late.  IDK

If you call tonight, see if PCL can refare this booking for you. The TA may be closed now?  Or, if TA is open, call them now, don’t wait till tomorrow.

I’ve booked online and called my agent to pick it up.

Yes, you can see your booking and the cruise personalizer whether you book direct or a TA.  Yes, you can bid also.

14 minutes ago, kilili said:

Hi all,

You can no longer move a cruise to a TA after a certain time has passed. I don't remember what that time limit is but it's not real long. Maybe 30 days or 60 days. It sounds like you are well beyond this time period.

With a TA booking you have full access to your Cruise Personalizer. You can book excursions, etc. but Princess won't talk to you about anything you may want to know. They will tell you to go through your TA.

You can bid for an upgrade no matter how you booked the cruise.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

You can no longer move a cruise to a TA after a certain time has passed. I don't remember what that time limit is but it's not real long. Maybe 30 days or 60 days. It sounds like you are well beyond this time period.

With a TA booking you have full access to your Cruise Personalizer. You can book excursions, etc. but Princess won't talk to you about anything you may want to know. They will tell you to go through your TA.

You can bid for an upgrade no matter how you booked the cruise.

So the OP should see if his current booking can be refared with Princess, or I would check that for sure. And if it is …

the current sale through today.

If not, they should be able to cancel since final payment has not been made and get their refundable deposit back.  Not sure what promos they have currently and new promos with the new booking.

They could then book a new booking online and have the agency pick up the booking tomorrow..if they’re closed now.  If they are open now, call and book it with them.

I was concerned this might be the sale that’s over today.  

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Princess won't talk to you about anything you may want to know. They will tell you to go through your TA.

Slight amendment, but it is important.  Princess reps will indeed talk to you, but not about the cruise fare, adjusting the fare (re-faring), change of people on the booking, cancelling.  IOW, you have to deal with the TA for anything related to the booking information, pricing, and payment for the cruise and any EZ-Air.  That said, you can self-drive EZ-Air bookings, Princess excursions, other add-ons for sale such as Crew Appreciation, MedallionNet, beverages, specialty dining, DineMyWay, Princess App (getting Ocean Ready).  Don't even think about asking TA's about Princess App - LOL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kilili said:

If offered for your cruise, yes.

8 hours ago, kilili said:

Yes, except for information about the cost of the cruise itself and payments for it.

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Slight amendment, but it is important.  Princess reps will indeed talk to you, but not about the cruise fare, adjusting the fare (re-faring), change of people on the booking, cancelling.  IOW, you have to deal with the TA for anything related to the booking information, pricing, and payment for the cruise and any EZ-Air.  That said, you can self-drive EZ-Air bookings, Princess excursions, other add-ons for sale such as Crew Appreciation, MedallionNet, beverages, specialty dining, DineMyWay, Princess App (getting Ocean Ready).  Don't even think about asking TA's about Princess App - LOL.

Yes, there are many things a cruise line will talk to you about when you book with a TA. Too often, you see posted the blanket statement that if you book with a TA, the cruise line will not talk  with you.

13 hours ago, kilili said:

Hi all,

Answers on 1 & 4 as I have personal experience with these. Yes for 1 but they had me sign a statement which was a transfer to our TA. And as for 4 yes again we never lost any access to our booking, not even any wait between my own and my TA takeover.

Before I get slapped again about my TA, I grabbed my booking to insure we got the cabin I wanted prior to the agency reopening after covid. I wanted her to complete all the extras we need for the rest of our trip so yes I booked on my own and no I don't like hunting down everything I want therefore the TA.