Bistro on 5?

Abby Normal

Hello All,

We are committed Celebrity cruisers, but it has been 8 long years since our last cruise.  We were searching for a cruise, and for us, the ship is just as important as the destination in some cases.  After reading reviews on the Edge class ships, we decided to book our old favorite Solstice class on Equinox.  We sailed on this ship in the past, but apparently they have changed a few things since then.  Does anyone know if they still have the Bistro on 5 and I just can’t find it, or did they exchange it for something else?  TIA!

Abby

5 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Hello All,

We are committed Celebrity cruisers, but it has been 8 long years since our last cruise.  We were searching for a cruise, and for us, the ship is just as important as the destination in some cases.  After reading reviews on the Edge class ships, we decided to book our old favorite Solstice class on Equinox.  We sailed on this ship in the past, but apparently they have changed a few things since then.  Does anyone know if they still have the Bistro on 5 and I just can’t find it, or did they exchange it for something else?  TIA!

Abby

Now Sushi on Five. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Hello All,

Abby

Sad to say it is gone. It was my favourite place for a quiet meal.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

...It was our favorite place to go after boarding the ship.

...Exactly. I also went there a time or two when the MDR menu didn't excite me and I didn't want to deal with the lines in the buffet. 

We love sushi on 5 on the Equines. We go there embarkation day and at least one other. They have great kobi sliders and other stuff for those that do not like sushi. On ther ships like Apex they have bistro which is what you were remembering. Both are great to get away for a quiet meal. 

• Like 1

Le Grand Bistro, is a French bistro on deck 4 is likely the closest replication of Bistro on 5. It is open for lunch, including on embarkation day and is a quiet alternative to the buffet. I think the price is now $30 pp (was $20 pp last year) but someone correct me if I am wrong about this. The restaurant changes to Le Petite Chef for dinner.

6 minutes ago, Blanq said:

Le Grand Bistro, is a French bistro on deck 4 is likely the closest replication of Bistro on 5. It is open for lunch, including on embarkation day and is a quiet alternative to the buffet. I think the price is now $30 pp (was $20 pp last year) but someone correct me if I am wrong about this. The restaurant changes to Le Petite Chef for dinner.

The Solstice is a S class ship and those ships have entirely different specialty restaurants than he Edge class, so no Le Gran Bistro.

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The Solstice is a S class ship and those ships have entirely different specialty restaurants than he Edge class, so no Le Gran Bistro.

Ahh! I read the reference to the Edge in the original post, and clearly didn’t read the entire post carefully enough to catch we’re talking about the Solstice here!

So sad that Bistro on 5 is gone! It was our go to embarkation lunch venue every time we boarded a ship! Started off with a great Bloody Mary, a cup of their delicious soup (the cream of mushroom was to die for!) a cowboy panini and then share a dessert crepe! Wish they’d bring it back in some form!  Now we go to Luminae as we book suites, but it’s not as good as the Bistro was.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blanq said:

The OP is not sailing on an E class ship so there is no Le Grand Bistro

46 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I bet it been atleast 8 years since they change Bistro to Sushi 

... and yet onboard Eclipse, you can still see it listed on the large wall panel near the forward stairs, showing what is on deck 5 🙂

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They changed in Sept/Oct 2016. I was one of the last diners on the final day before changeover to Sushi on my Canada-New England Summit cruise in 2016. It was actually done mid-cruise.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Hello All,

Abby

Bistro on 5 went bye bye on M & S type ships in Sep 2016 and changed to Sushi on 5 

12 hours ago, Pennstatedj said:

We love sushi on 5 on the Equines. We go there embarkation day and at least one other. They have great kobi sliders and other stuff for those that do not like sushi. On ther ships like Apex they have bistro which is what you were remembering. Both are great to get away for a quiet meal. 

We love Sushi on 5. We also eat there on embarkation day and sometime and additional time. The Equinox is our favorite ship!

• Like 2

We used to have lunch there ( B on 5)  most days,  upcharge was reasonable, seldom crowded, great menu..loved the soups!

Sushi place might be fun once but not every day.,

Do some of the S Class ships have a sports themed bar where u can get lite  lunch..We had it once but the schedule was erratic,.   Mostly have been in E Class recently...the Grand Bistro is excellent but pricey,,  they have nice take out sammies,,upcharge!

On 3/2/2023 at 3:39 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It has been 8 years since our last cruise, but we have cruised many times on Celebrity.  I really hate that the Bistro is gone, but hopefully we can find another embarkation day quiet place to eat lunch.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:25 PM, phoenix_dream said:

I miss it as well,  but don't worry Equinox is a great ship! Just did another b2b on her in January.  I've sailed all ships except the 2 newest and she remains my favorite.  In fact just booked another b2b on her Just this morning!

We love Equinox as well, so I am happy to hear that she is still a great ship!

1 minute ago, Abby Normal said:

It has been 8 years since our last cruise, but we have cruised many times on Celebrity.  I really hate that the Bistro is gone, but hopefully we can find another embarkation day quiet place to eat lunch.

If you are a suite guest, Luminae is open for lunch on embarkation day. 
Concierge cabin guests have a lunch in the MDR also. I don’t think anything else other than the buffet, mast grill and possibly the spa cafe would be open. Not sure about Sushi on 5, they might be too.