Anyone know what Princess are charging for transfers Southampton port to Heathrow ?

phillipahain

I imagine that it is $59.00 per person, or maybe a bit less. Last May, it was $59.00 per person from Victoria Station in London to Southampton.

You can find out from Princess.

Edited by nini
additional words

4 minutes ago, phillipahain said:

I think that would be National Express coach    not Princess Transfer      

This transfer is ON the National Express Coaches, paid to Princess who booked the coaches. We met at Victoria Station and a Princess representative met us there and directed us accordingly.

23 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’ve booked Princess transfers Southampton to LHR for September and it’s $75.00 (CA) each.

Yes, that works out to $59.00 American. The price sure is less than a cab, and I think pretty comfortable for the fee,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillipahain said:

I think that would be National Express coach    not Princess Transfer      

National express bus is a lot less than $59/person.  More like $25 I think.   One-way that is.  

Last October we used the National Express Bus from LHR to Southampton. From Southampton back to LHR, we use the Princess transfer.  It was $60 or thereabouts.   

Edited by ldubs

Just did this back in October (2022) both ways.  $59/person.  It's been that amount for at least 4 or b5 years now.  Various people have posted that you can do much better by going direct with National Express but I just consider this an "add-on" charge for the total trip.  It's just so much easier to let Princess handle the luggage.  Once you get your luggage to the pickup point (either Heathrow or Victoria Coach Station) you don't touch it again until it reaches your cabin.

12 minutes ago, ldubs said:

National express bus is a lot less than $59/person.  More like $25 I think.   One-way that is.  

Last October we used the National Express Bus from LHR to Southampton. From Southampton back to LHR, we use the Princess transfer.  It was $60 or thereabouts.   

Yep, as of today, it's 28.40 USD...one way as you said.

I used it and found it to be quite comfortable and certainly reasonable IMO...

5 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Yep, as of today, it's 28.40 USD...one way as you said.

I used it and found it to be quite comfortable and certainly reasonable IMO...

Us too.  I would have used it for the return to LHR if the bus terminal were closer to the pier and the schedule meshed with our return flight.   

14 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Us too.  I would have used it for the return to LHR if the bus terminal were closer to the pier and the schedule meshed with our return flight.   

Certainly agree! I stayed at the Leonardo Royal that evening and realized the distance to the port at that time. Decided against walking it  😂

BTW, I live in Hayward...

• Like 1

We have the Princess transfer Heathrow to ship, and from ship to Heathrow. We have been charged $79.90 per person each way. Total $310.60 CAD  We had cancelled our booking and rebooked with over $2000. CAD saving so I’m happy with the transfer cost. This is for an August cruise.

seachelt

When our Princess ship had Dover for a port, there were various trips back to Heathrow. We took one that had a walking tour in Dover and then a trip to Canterbury. It was more expensive, but well worth it.

In 2020, we were supposed to sail to and from Southampton. We would have taken the more expensive trip back to Heathrow with a stop in Stonehenge if Covid had not cancelled the cruise. In fact, DW was looking forward more to that visit than the actual Norwegian fjords cruise.

22 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Certainly agree! I stayed at the Leonardo Royal that evening and realized the distance to the port at that time. Decided against walking it  😂

BTW, I live in Hayward...

I'm in Clayton.  Have a SIL in Hayward so we get over there regularly.   

Has anyone taken the Princess transfer with either the tour to Windsor Castle.  or the one to Windsor Town?  Did you get to Heathrow by 1:45 as stated in the tour description?  We are paying $59 for the Princess transfers.  

On 3/6/2023 at 10:28 AM, coo359a2 said:

Has anyone taken the Princess transfer with either the tour to Windsor Castle.  or the one to Windsor Town?  Did you get to Heathrow by 1:45 as stated in the tour description?  We are paying $59 for the Princess transfers.  

We are looking at Windsor Town - where did you see 1:45? I only see flight after 4:00pm. Since a 4:00pm flight needs 2 hours before departure, so 1:45 is probably correct.

I cannot find cost on Princess site, they say 'can be arranged by Travel Agent'

Edited by Tedferg

34 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We are looking at Windsor Town - where did you see 1:45? I only see flight after 4:00pm. Since a 4:00pm flight needs 2 hours before departure, so 1:45 is probably correct.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 6.47.38 PM.png

39 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Windsor Town does not have the Excursion Details timeline like for the Castle excursion.  Both excursions are from 8:00 - 1:45.  Castle excursion is $149.95. Will probably check with Excursion Desk to see what the track record has been for   getting to the airport after 1:45.   Our flight is at 6:35pm and I'm a "get to the airport early" type but  it would really be a long day at Heathrow if only taking the transfer.

10 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

Does anyone that has done these transfers know if the busses can handle a pasenger in a wheelchair that can not transfer? 

I would imagine that wheelchairs are accommodated on the regular transfer bus. Based on some of the reviews of these excursions, it sounds like a lot of walking at a good pace for both excursions.  I haven't checked out the Port of Calls section yet to see if anyone has commented on these disembarkation excursions.