Celebrity alcoholic individual price

rockshadsun

@rockshadsun Your best bet is to open the celebrity app, select a ship, click on a current sailing date, and then go to dining.  At the top of dining, scroll across until you see Bars & Lounges,  pick a bar or lounge and scroll through the drink list.  

As @Alakegirlsaid, there are just too many variables to give you an answer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Cocktails with bar liquor are in the $8-10 range.  Cocktails with better brands of liquors are $11 and up.  Add a 20% gratuity to those prices.

With the beverage packages now going for $89/day or $109/day depending on level, that's about 8-9 drinks a day on average. That's a lot of liquor. I'm sure this works for some people, but it's got to push a lot of others over the edge to skip and drink less. For some of the lower inside cabins, you're paying more for the beverages than the rest of the entire cruise. Does that make sense? Even in the past when the drink packages were $20-30 cheaper I think I would have struggled to get my money's worth. 

I just booked a cruise for spring, 2024 and decided to skip the beverage package and will just be content with water, tea, and coffee, and augment that with a nice glass of wine off the a la carte menu for dinner. Not much different than my typical beverage diet at home. This will be my first cruise skipping the drink package, and I'm perfectly fine with it. I would have ponied up $50-60/day for one of the bev packages, instead Celebrity is going to have to be content with the revenue from a single glass of wine from me.

• Like 1

We book cabins with our TA - not a big box company.  She always has verandas and often Aqua cabins in a group block.  Rates are the same as Celebrity sail only except fares are refundable and AI.

Agree that at home I might have a soda or a hard cider at lunch and a glass or two of wine "after 5".  Would not purchase a separate beverage package, but that is a personal decision.

I can’t imagine why anyone would purchase a beverage package rather than book with AI.  Cost to purchase $90 pd + gratuity =$108.
Every cruise we have priced adding AI adds about $80-90 pp pd.  That gets us basic wi-fi ($17 pd) prepaid gratuities ($17.50 pd) the beverage package, including gratuities is roughly $46-56 pd.  We can easily rack up $30 a day each in specialty coffees, juice, bottled water and an occasional soda. So add just a couple of cocktails we are better off with AI.  YMMV.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, bigbadandugly said:

With the beverage packages now going for $89/day or $109/day depending on level, that's about 8-9 drinks a day on average. That's a lot of liquor. I'm sure this works for some people, but it's got to push a lot of others over the edge to skip and drink less. For some of the lower inside cabins, you're paying more for the beverages than the rest of the entire cruise. Does that make sense? Even in the past when the drink packages were $20-30 cheaper I think I would have struggled to get my money's worth. 

I just booked a cruise for spring, 2024 and decided to skip the beverage package and will just be content with water, tea, and coffee, and augment that with a nice glass of wine off the a la carte menu for dinner. Not much different than my typical beverage diet at home. This will be my first cruise skipping the drink package, and I'm perfectly fine with it. I would have ponied up $50-60/day for one of the bev packages, instead Celebrity is going to have to be content with the revenue from a single glass of wine from me.

Its not just alcohol, waters, specialty coffees/teas. mineral water etc.  Adds up very easily and with the bundle it comes out to even less.  

9 hours ago, bigbadandugly said:

As long as people keep buying  the drink packages X will keep selling them. Remember when there used to be several bar staff coming around asking if you wanted something to drink ? Now you have you hunt them down if they are even present. Since the advent of the extremely popular drink packages

It all boils down to how much you drink? If you have a couple alcoholic drinks a day don’t get the beverage package. But like others say coffees, waters and drinks add up.

If you like to drink and consume a lot of cocktails then you may be better off with the AI.

My DW doesn’t doesn’t drink that much a few cocktails where I consume a few more.

But who’s counting. We have AI on our April cruise and will just roll with that. DW wants a martini or something not on the Classic list then we pay the difference. 
There’s plenty to chose from.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:03 AM, jelayne said:

I can’t imagine why anyone would purchase a beverage package rather than book with AI.  Cost to purchase $90 pd + gratuity =$108.
Every cruise we have priced adding AI adds about $80-90 pp pd.  That gets us basic wi-fi ($17 pd) prepaid gratuities ($17.50 pd) the beverage package, including gratuities is roughly $46-56 pd.  We can easily rack up $30 a day each in specialty coffees, juice, bottled water and an occasional soda. So add just a couple of cocktails we are better off with AI.  YMMV.

I'm in this boat...and I don't like to sign slips....the main reason I upgrade the classic to premium.  Plus, I like Martinis.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I'm in this boat...and I don't like to sign slips....the main reason I upgrade the classic to premium.  Plus, I like Martinis.  🙂

I also like the option of trying a drink and if don't like it get something else.  Also the slip thing is important also.  I dont want to worry about what costs are and if its worth it.  Im on a vacation and just want to relax and watch all the others at the bar and elsewhere figure out and ask the costs.  TBH my favorite thing to do is go to WCB on day one and count how many upset guests there are when they cant get a beer and or a gin and tonic etc, its a fun show.  

We do not get AI or the alcohol package (DH will drink, at most, one or two drinks all week). Most of the drinks I had were $11 with the occasional glass of wine at $16. We did get the Zero Proof package for the sodas, coffees, teas, etc. I think the total alcohol bill for the week on our last cruise was less than $200.