Ocean View Cafe For Dinner Updated by Celebrity

mcrcruiser

3 hours ago, WNCtourist said:

I have read elsewhere that Apex has an improved evening buffet that has not been seen on the S or M class ships. The quality really seems to vary ship by ship.

Of course quality will vary by ship, as one (1) crew does not prepare for all ships....

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WNCtourist said:

I have read elsewhere that Apex has an improved evening buffet that has not been seen on the S or M class ships. The quality really seems to vary ship by ship.

I went by last night on Summit, very little was open

i just did my post cruise survey and noted the lack of opens available 

Edited by Lena11033
  • Like 1

Was on Reflection January 8 - Buffet dinner offerings were pretty pathetic: pizza, one small service station with mashed potatoes, one vegetable (cauliflower every night except one) and one protein (roasted chicken 5/7 nights). SOMETIMES a salad bar. 

Just off Millennium March 4 - Buffet offerings GREATLY IMPROVED. Consolidated to just the aft-section, yes, but many more options: pizza station, pasta station, stir fry station, salad station, Indian selections, themed section, and grill-to-order options every night. Quite good actually.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I went by last night on Summit, very little was open

i just did my post cruise survey and noted the lack of opens available 

I'm sorry for the issues on your sailing.

I was on the Summit for the sailing before yours. The dinner buffet in the OVC was well stocked and tasty. It was a charter, so maybe we paid extra for the extra spread?? 

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I want to find that banana split station on my sailing!!!  The After Eight cupcakes also looked good.

The Silhouette had cupcakes at lunch one day. They were delicious and I’m not usually a fan of the OVC desserts. 

It's quite possible that they decided to scale down the buffet at dinner to the bare minimum level, knowing it was going to generate squawking, then had plans to slowly reintroduce stations/items until a happy equilibrium was reached. They then have the benefit of saving food costs/reducing waste and passengers that are satisfied with the offerings. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 10:43 AM, WNCtourist said:

We were on the Apex in Dec and last night went to OVC. Could not believe the limited options.

I remember years ago Celebrity charged $3 to go to the OVC at night. That was to help subsidize tips.

Infinity Feb.11 Antarctic sailing: Oceanview dinner offerings started out to be very limited, much like the original video that was posted. About 3 or 4 days into the sailing, they expanded the stations and added to the main course selections. Stir fry noodle section was opened. Customer demand perhaps? On this cruise, the Oceanview was quite well-attended in the 3 or 4 evenings that we went. However, I'd have to rate the quality as mediocre. Not inedible, but certainly below familiar Celebrity standards.

Lunch was generally OK.

• Thanks 1