Australia hates me...

Another vote for Toohey's Old, if you like dark beer.  Another one which is widely available is Coopers, a delightful cloudy beer.  They make several kinds, but the Pale Ale is my favourite summer beer. These are from bigger breweries, and you will also fin smaller makers everywhere you visit.

Pale Desktop

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

Another vote for Toohey's Old, if you like dark beer.  Another one which is widely available is Coopers, a delightful cloudy beer.  They make several kinds, but the Pale Ale is my favourite summer beer. These are from bigger breweries, and you will also fin smaller makers everywhere you visit.

Pale Desktop

Coopers is the best beer in Straya, stout, dark ales, pale ale etc.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

Every year a lot of US citizens are surprised when they are denied entry to Canada. If they have had a DUI it has to be 10 years since they have completed any incineration or even probation before they are allowed to cross the border.

I'm not sure anyone is going to be crossing borders after being incinerated. 😳

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Kellyansapansa said:

I'm not sure anyone is going to be crossing borders after being incinerated. 😳

Bwahahahahahahaha........... Thanks for catching that. What a truly great blunder. 🤪

Taking notes on the beer. My wife is making a list. When we were in Alaska we ate at a brewpub for Seward Brewing Company. We bought shirt for one of our kids (a Sergeant in the Highway Patrol) and he loves to wear it. On the back it says, "Stop drinking shitty beer!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Bwahahahahahahaha........... Thanks for catching that. What a truly great blunder. 🤪

Taking notes on the beer. My wife is making a list. When we were in Alaska we ate at a brewpub for Seward Brewing Company. We bought shirt for one of our kids (a Sergeant in the Highway Patrol) and he loves to wear it. On the back it says, "Stop drinking shitty beer!"

Good one mate, show your son this, me in the HWP, here. 50 years ago. Triumph Trophy.

img085.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Did you not wear gloves in the old days?

We did but not  in this pic. No radios back then either.

Edited by NSWP

19 hours ago, lyndarra said:

My go to draught beer, pubs and clubs, is Tooheys Old. It's a dark beer. Has been around for yonks.

old.jpg

Gave up drinking yonks ago, but a black might tempt me today at Dad’s wake, it was his beer of choice.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Gave up drinking yonks ago, but a black might tempt me today at Dad’s wake, it was his beer of choice.

Very sorry about your Dad mate. Yes, have a black for him.

• Like 1

You’ll get as many opinions on beers as you will posters. It is really a question of taste. But I guarantee you no one will say Foster’s in spite of most of the world thinking it is popular here.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Very sorry about your Dad mate. Yes, have a black for him.

Either that or a Ginger Beer (Saxby’s). He was 94 and at his 90th we were making plans for the century, then a bit of a year ago it all headed South. Never been in hospital till about 18 months ago, since then hardly been home.

• Like 3

Just now, GUT2407 said:

Either that or a Ginger Beer (Saxby’s). He was 94 and at his 90th we were making plans for the century, then a bit of a year ago it all headed South. Never been in hospital till about 18 months ago, since then hardly been home.

Good innings mate, 94. My Dad died aged 53 in 1975. Stay strong today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

You’ll get as many opinions on beers as you will posters. It is really a question of taste. But I guarantee you no one will say Foster’s in spite of most of the world thinking it is popular here.

My condolences on the passing of your father Geoff.

Can you even buy Fosters here? Yes, Geoff you are correct, beer choice come down to personal taste. As an occasional beer drinker, I prefer IPAs but also don't mind Great Northern much to my brother in law's disgust. There are many microbreweries which brew great beer too.

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Can you even buy Fosters here? Yes, Geoff you are correct, beer choice come down to personal taste. As an occasional beer drinker, I prefer IPAs but also don't mind Great Northern much to my brother in law's disgust. There are many microbreweries which brew great beer too.

You sure can buy Fosters here.  It has been made under license in UK, USA and other places for many years. The Brits like it.  When in UK last, 2016, I told the drinkers in the pubs we stayed at 'We sent the Fosters over here because the Aussies won't drink it.' lol.🍺

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

I had a good laugh on a ship one time. I was sitting in Wheelhouse having a beer and talking to an Aussie. He was unhappy with the beer choices on the cruise (I couldn't blame him) and somebody else chimed in and asked why he wasn't happy because, after all, they had the Fosters oilcan. The horrified and disgusted look on the Aussie's face was great. Fortunately, I was already well aware of why he wasn't drinking Foster's. I don't understand why that seems to be the only Australian import here or why it's the beer on Princess. I'm guessing it likely won't be stocked on the ship when we sail the region.

9 minutes ago, possum52 said:

As an occasional beer drinker, I prefer IPAs but also don't mind Great Northern much to my brother in law's disgust.

California is drowning in IPA. It sometimes seems like the brewer's have started trying to outdo each other by over hopping their beers. Sierra Nevada is made here in my home town. They keep getting more and more and more hopped. It's crazy. It's getting hard to find a good brew that isn't over hopped. There are some really great microbrews but you often have to be at the brewery or brewpub to get them. Denali Brewing Company in Alaska makes a really wonderful Chuli Stout but it never makes it out of Alaska. I bought a fair amount of it to bring back home when we were on our long camping trip so I could share it with my sons but, while some of it made it out of Alaska, it disappeared going back through Canada. (Burp...)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Good one mate, show your son this, me in the HWP, here. 50 years ago. Triumph Trophy.

img085.jpg

That picture has been re-touched and doctored. The original would have had a pool of oil under the Trumpy's engine! It's got to be from the late 60s or early 70s because it is carrying a rego sticker and a front number plate. I still have the holes on the front guard for the plate bracket on my old Commando.

2 minutes ago, Amaroo Andrew said:

That picture has been re-touched and doctored. The original would have had a pool of oil under the Trumpy's engine! It's got to be from the late 60s or early 70s because it is carrying a rego sticker and a front number plate. I still have the holes on the front guard for the plate bracket on my old Commando.

Ridgey Didge photo, no re touch or doctoring. photo taken of me in 1971.  Yes I am a dinosaur, lol.

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Ridgey Didge photo, no re touch or doctoring. photo taken of me in 1971.  Yes I am a dinosaur, lol.

Ahhh... 1971. I got married the next year. May 6th will be 51 years. Of course while you were enforcing the law in those days I was on a "slightly" different path... 😎

m1-2.jpg.522147c1ecef7b24c277d93e9b58f28a.jpg     m2.jpg.67e728895da996e17741a3dc194c811a.jpg

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4