New to the Oceania - looking for info/advice

iaae22

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yeah, what Lyn said above, and I'm pretty sure that staircase is a butler passageway. If you went down there and sat at a table you were probably on an Oceania Suite balcony, depending on which ship you were on. No doubt you'd have to go early to grab it. 

No no no ...

you are sitting at the *top* of the stairs, and just behind the grill. LOL. 

Looking down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AlexCherie said:

No no no ...

you are sitting at the *top* of the stairs, and just behind the grill. LOL. 

Looking down.

Got it, I misunderstood where you were talking about, now I understand. One of the most memorable dinners we had was after a day at Kotor Montenegro and were cruising back up the passage to the main channel. Beautiful weather, fabulous scenery, great food, excellent experience out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,  I just have a few questions to ask prior to our first cruise with Oceana on the Insignia next week out from Singapore.  We were to have done this cruise in March 2020 & then Covid struck & it was cancelled. Really looking forward to this one. We have done a few cruises but after going on the Panama Canal cruise on Pacific Princess & a Baltic one on Azamara several years ago now, we prefer the smaller ships & I know the bathrooms are on the small side but it didn't worry us previously on the other smaller ships.

What are the electrical outlets in the rooms?  American I presume?  Just so I  know what adapters I need to bring for our NZ plugs to work.

Hair Dryers - presume they are not attached to the wall (those were ghastly ones!)

Does the Aquamar Spa have a pool & spa pool for use?

We were just assigned a room a few days ago in which we were allocated  a Concierge Level room on Deck 7 so have gone up a deck from our booking & the bonus of a few extra's. 

Any other helpful information would be appreciated.

Thank you 🙂

31 minutes ago, Neliska said:

Hi,  I just have a few questions to ask prior to our first cruise with Oceana on the Insignia next week out from Singapore.  We were to have done this cruise in March 2020 & then Covid struck & it was cancelled. Really looking forward to this one. We have done a few cruises but after going on the Panama Canal cruise on Pacific Princess & a Baltic one on Azamara several years ago now, we prefer the smaller ships & I know the bathrooms are on the small side but it didn't worry us previously on the other smaller ships.

What are the electrical outlets in the rooms?  American I presume?  Just so I  know what adapters I need to bring for our NZ plugs to work.

Hair Dryers - presume they are not attached to the wall (those were ghastly ones!)

We were just assigned a room a few days ago in which we were allocated  a Concierge Level room on Deck 7 so have gone up a deck from our booking & the bonus of a few extra's. 

Any other helpful information would be appreciated.

Thank you 🙂

They used to have  the hand held dryer  (2016) so I am guessing they still do

The spa terrace just has a hot tub  no pool   probably the same as on Azamara 

On 5/9/2023 at 12:35 PM, ORV said:

Yeah, what Lyn said above, and I'm pretty sure that staircase is a butler passageway. If you went down there and sat at a table you were probably on an Oceania Suite balcony, depending on which ship you were on. No doubt you'd have to go early to grab it. 

What I think the poster is saying is that there is a Terrace Cafe table at the top of that stairway.  Maybe if you’re sitting at that table, you can see clearly down the stairs to the wake of the ship. In any case, my husband and I love to dine outdoors there.

Edited by YoPhilly
  • Thanks 1

So, you don’t recommend loading up a plate then descending those stairs and asking, nicely of course, ifit would be possible to borrow someone’s  eranda, especially if its unoccupied?  Would that be considered bad form? 😎

Edited by Rally
  • Haha 2

On 3/8/2023 at 11:42 AM, iaae22 said:

Hello! Oceania newbie here! We just booked our first Oceania (this will be our first luxury cruise). We have cruised before with Royal, Celebrity and Princess but I think we outgrow them. Looking for any recommendations you are willing to provide for us. We’ll be on Rivera for 10 night from Venice to Athens in the fall of 2023 in balcony cabin (B2). Thanks! Irina

Welcome to Oceania! Wow, are you in for a treat. We sailed, with our friends Mike and Carol, a few years back, and he created this marvelous review of our cruise on the Riviera. We have been back a few times since then (9x to be exact, and once on Marina - her sister ship) this past March 2023. Had a fabulous time again. We're booked on the Oceania Vista Dec 1, 2023 and Feb 18, 2024. The roll calls are pretty quite, but anyway......here's Mike's review, complete with photos and menus.
So.....get a big cup of coffee or a glass of wine and enjoy!
https://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan.htm

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Neliska said:

There are 110 V US and 220V European plugs, plus some USB ports.

image.png.cb0469ce4ac3c636b5f55b9b4b63e2f4.png

The hair dryer is usually in a drawer with things like a sewing kit and shoe horn.

Since you are in a concierge veranda you have access to the spa terrace which has a hot tub and loungers.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, alibaba1 said:

Welcome to Oceania! Wow, are you in for a treat. We sailed, with our friends Mike and Carol, a few years back, and he created this marvelous review of our cruise on the Riviera. We have been back a few times since then (9x to be exact, and once on Marina - her sister ship) this past March 2023. Had a fabulous time again. We're booked on the Oceania Vista Dec 1, 2023 and Feb 18, 2024. The roll calls are pretty quite, but anyway......here's Mike's review, complete with photos and menus.

Please thank your friends for a terrific review!

2 hours ago, Rally said:

Please thank your friends for a terrific review!

He loves to share with fellow cruisers.
He would love to hear your comments.
Tell him Alan and Barbara said "Hello".

Where does one find current information--gratuity requirements, deposit and payment schedule, etc.?  I didn't see it in the online brochure.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, cluso said:

Where does one find current information--gratuity requirements, deposit and payment schedule, etc.?  I didn't see it in the online brochure.  Thank you!

You can find some info in the FAQs:

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

and the legally binding info in the Guest Ticket Contract and the Terms & Conditions (plus other docs):

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 8:33 PM, alibaba1 said:

Thank you so much! This is an awesome information, greatly appreciated.

One more question - if someone celebrating a birthday during cruse any special arrangements are available? Like room decorations, favorite mini cake…

Edited by iaae22

2 minutes ago, iaae22 said:

Thank you so much! This is an awesome information, greatly appreciated.

One more question - if someone celebrating a birthday during cruse any spatial armaments are available? Like room decorations, favorite mini cake…

Mention it to your room steward and the Maitre D in the restaurant you will be having dinner on his birthday - you will find your room decorated and a cake delivered by singing waiters...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, iaae22 said:

...if someone celebrating a birthday during cruse any special arrangements are available? Like room decorations, favorite mini cake…

From the "Your Voyage: General Travel & Onboard Information", sent to you prior to the cruise:

"SPECIAL OCCASIONS: Please advise Oceania Cruises at least 60 days prior to departure of any special occasions that you will be celebrating while aboard. It is also recommended that you reconfirm your request with the Concierge upon embarkation."

19 hours ago, basor said:

and a cake delivered by singing waiters...

When we were on Marina in 2017, my companion's birthday was on the night we had a reservation at Jacques. Almost at the end of the meal, the restaurant manager whispered in my ear that "something was about to happen". Next minute - singing waiters with cake. Which was a tad awkward as she thought I had arranged it - and that's just something we would never, ever, do. I presume the date must have been flagged on their computer system.