Nespresso Coffee Machine in every Sun Princess cabin!

startedwithamouse

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

This was intended as a positive post. Smh  We love our Nespresso machine and were happy to see them coming on the ships. 

Eliminating the New Grounds package has become as hot of a topic as tipping and formal nights. 

I take it you do not like actual real coffee.

• Haha 1

At the end of the day  it might be a nice addition to the Suite experience.  But for the rest of us just give us a reasonable priced coffee package or a discounted coffee package for  Elite Status.

For the suite experience, I'll stick to hopping my happy bippy (or the Count's) over to the Concierge Lounge for the fancy-schmancy Italian Espresso that they make, which may or may not be enhanced by Bailey's or some other spirit,,,🥂

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Nespresso appears to have two types of "pods". I guess it depends on which model you have? No idea. I grind my coffee fresh for every pot.

image.png.57c7a08ede80fbdff3b8e222ad87e1b0.pngimage.png.a0425d86b072034ca90b36e7bed43684.png

The top is an original capsule for the machine shown in the Sun Princess cabins. 

The bottom is a Vertuo pod, which the machine (not shown on the pictures) which reads a barcode to determine to optimum water temperature for the coffee. 

The inert gas in each one makes for a fresh delicious shot, upon puncture, same as you would receive at a cafe. 

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

I take it you clearly don't drink quality coffee.

Nespresso is much better than anything Princess is purchasing in bulk amounts for the international Cafe. 😉

It would be great if Princess provisioned their ships with Lavazza or Illy.  Now you're talking.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

I take it you clearly don't drink quality coffee.

Nespresso is much better than anything Princess is purchasing in bulk amounts for the international Cafe. 😉

If you think Nespresso is quality coffee you are clueless.

• Like 1

Crikey. Only on Cruise Critic could a positive post about the potential Nespresso machines on the Sun Princess become an all out slanging match. Definitely confirms my suspicion that negativity gets the most views and comments on these boards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, SCX22 said:

It would be great if Princess provisioned their ships with Lavazza or Illy.  Now you're talking.

I was never a fan of franchise coffees.  There isn't a lick of difference between those and a bag of 8 O'clock at the corner grocery.   But if that's all that's available in a person's community I could see why they might refer to it with superlatives.

8 minutes ago, CapnCrews said:

I was never a fan of franchise coffees.  There isn't a lick of difference between those and a bag of 8 O'clock at the corner grocery.   But if that's all that's available in a person's community I could see why they might refer to it with superlatives.

Princess fleet sails worldwide.  If they were to stick to an exclusive coffee brand, like Royal Caribbean has done with Starbucks and Lavazza, they would have to choose a brand that they could source and provision their ships with worldwide.  While I agree there are some better niche coffee roasters, it wouldn't be feasible to partner with them if the supply couldn't get to the ships.

10 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Princess fleet sails worldwide.  If they were to stick to an exclusive coffee brand, like Royal Caribbean has done with Starbucks and Lavazza, they would have to choose a brand that they could source and provision their ships with worldwide.  While I agree there are some better niche coffee roasters, it wouldn't be feasible to partner with them if the supply couldn't get to the ships.

You couldn't choose a quality coffee and stick to an exclusive brand, since all exclusive brands are inferior.

The only way to serve the hightest quality bean is to get a purveyer to bring it to the ship at every port, just like how the chef does when he's looking for the highest quality salmon.  He waits until he's in port in Juneau.

Every port has a local roaster.  That's where the good coffee is.  Anything that's sealed in a can or sitting on warehouse shelves for weeks before you buy it is garbage.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Every rendering for the Sun Princess staterooms includes a Nespresso machine

You are basing your assertion  on a drawing. An artistic rendering. An artist's impression of a concept that as yet is not in existence. One that may or may not reflect final design or budget alterations. In other words, you assume too much, so don't let your expectations get the best of you. 

I will believe it when:

a. The cabin category descriptions list a Nespresso machine as an included amenity in every category.

b. There are actual photos of the finished cabins which show a Nespresso machine in every cabin category.

And even should this miracle of modern coffee tech materialize, I seriously doubt the entire fleet will be retrofitted with them. Hence the desire for coffee cards.

20 minutes ago, CapnCrews said:

You couldn't choose a quality coffee and stick to an exclusive brand, since all exclusive brands are inferior.

The only way to serve the hightest quality bean is to get a purveyer to bring it to the ship at every port, just like how the chef does when he's looking for the highest quality salmon.  He waits until he's in port in Juneau.

Every port has a local roaster.  That's where the good coffee is.  Anything that's sealed in a can or sitting on warehouse shelves for weeks before you buy it is garbage.

Unfortunately, that's not how mass market cruise lines work.  It would be great to eat "locally" while sailing on Princess but it would a logistical nightmare for the ship.  Let's face it, cruise ships stock food.  It's a treat when Princess actually serves something provisioned from the local port.  

In this case, I would gladly take an espresso shot prepared with Lavazza or Illy over the sludge that the Nespresso capsule would produce.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CapnCrews said:

Your opinion only. Which with $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee anywhere.

Just now, Potstech said:

Your opinion only. Which with $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee anywhere.

It's a fact that's easily proved.  Only a person who has never tasted coffee beans roasted within days of brewing would not understand the dramatic, and unignorable difference.  Someone who has, recognizes this fact instantly.

27 minutes ago, CapnCrews said:

It's a fact that's easily proved.  Only a person who has never tasted coffee beans roasted within days of brewing would not understand the dramatic, and unignorable difference.  Someone who has, recognizes this fact instantly.

Coffee bars in Italy prefer roasted beans that are older (but not stale) because the there is still too much oil present in newly roasted beans, which clogs the espresso machine.

4 hours ago, CapnCrews said:

Wrong. I have tasted coffee beans roasted the same day at the plantation in Hawaii.  Also have tasted it freshly ground and roasted from the mountains in Jamaica. Did not prove anything at all other then some people have a high opinion of themselves when it comes to certain items.

• Haha 1