Parking at YYZ

Ex-Airbalancer

Anyone know of any deals at YYZ for 17 days ? 
we usually use Skypark $150 a month ( plus HST) but last time we were there the cashier said it was full , but luckily one of the drives said there was a spot 

so looking  for different option 

Dont have a CCA membership so cannot get their discount for Parknfly 

One know of a place with military discount ? 

Sign up for special offers on the airport website, they’ll send a coupon for your first “stay.”  Westjet also has a link for discounted parking rates on-airport, I’m assuming AC does as well.

We've started parking at the value lot onsite, it’s usually not that much more expensive than the various off-site places, and it’s much easier to deal with before/after a long travel day.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

We use the Airport parking   park in the Value Park Garage  by the Alt hotel then skytrain or what ever it called to the terminal

Get the email & reserve your spot

Good for winter parking stays

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/transportation-and-parking/parking/value-park-garage

Thanks 

Priced it out and it was over $100 more for the cheaps rate compared to Parknfly valet parking 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:

Sign up for special offers on the airport website, they’ll send a coupon for your first “stay.”  Westjet also has a link for discounted parking rates on-airport, I’m assuming AC does as well.

We've started parking at the value lot onsite, it’s usually not that much more expensive than the various off-site places, and it’s much easier to deal with before/after a long travel day.

Thanks I will check it out 

Check to see if any local hotels offer a park and fly package.  Also with Park'N Fly make sure you allow yourself lots of time to get to the airport as the shuttle seems to be very slow.  We waited 45 mins for a shuttle as well as others that have used their service.

6 minutes ago, Magicat said:

Check to see if any local hotels offer a park and fly package.  Also with Park'N Fly make sure you allow yourself lots of time to get to the airport as the shuttle seems to be very slow.  We waited 45 mins for a shuttle as well as others that have used their service.

They  seem to have 1 shuttle  for the economy lots   & several for the Valet  lot

We counted 10  one time while freezing our  *** off   now we just park near the Alt

I like to keep the car keys with us  so no valet parking for us

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

They  seem to have 1 shuttle  for the economy lots   & several for the Valet  lot

We counted 10  one time while freezing our  *** off   now we just park near the Alt

We were just send the $30 more and go valet parking 

I like the parking garage near the Alt.  We've used it many times.

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Person Value Park Garage, is expensive 

Above my pay grade

also you need take reviews with a grain of salt

Or else I would never take a trip anywhere 🤣

1F1DE286-5BAD-4066-957B-EE0815D71EBE.png

How much will you be paying at ParkN Fly for the same time period?

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes but sometimes it is worth  the convenience 

YMMV

We now take the connection (from London), but agree, for the extra $100 or so on typically a several thousand dollar holiday, it becomes money well spent for that ease of getting into and our of Person. The older we get, the more we find value on those kind of things.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

We now take the connection (from London), but agree, for the extra $100 or so on typically a several thousand dollar holiday, it becomes money well spent for that ease of getting into and our of Person. The older we get, the more we find value on those kind of things.

What ease? 
With park and fly , I drive to the office , they take me to the terminal , coming home , I find pick up area they drive me to the car 

with Value park I have to drag our bags to train , get on the train, than get to the terminal and than coming find the train , drag  bags to car 

and pay $100 more to do it 

People from South western Ontario have a wrap sense of ease 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What ease? 
With park and fly , I drive to the office , they take me to the terminal , coming home , I find pick up area they drive me to the car 

with Value park I have to drag our bags to train , get on the train, than get to the terminal and than coming find the train , drag  bags to car 

We like to think we have a warped sense of ease, but that's just me. Also I'm a little dyslexic so you spelt it right for me 😆  I have not used the Valet service but as @LHT28 mentioned there are more shuttles there than the standard parking lot.  Try it and let us know how you made out.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What ease? 

It depends on how lucky you are with the timing of the shuttle. In our experience it was pretty random, so give me parking at the airport any day. We eventually upped  to pay for "valet" with park and fly which was at least more reliable and quicker. They even used to have your car running for you to warm it up (not any more though).

Can't avoid dragging my bags when travel, finding a train or finding the park and fly shuttle pickup spot .....seems kinda the same to me - so I consider that a wash. 

But for sure If in your experience the  shuttle system and parking off site is more convenient, why pay the premium.

Clearly, there are more people than those of us in SW Ontario who find parking the airport more convenient, since they charge a premium for it. 

• Like 2

We ALWAYS use Park 'n Fly Valet and, thanks to this thread, I will now see what the rate is with our CAA membership.  It's convenient and we've NEVER had an issue with either damage to our vehicle or waiting for a long time for pickup to/from the airport.

• Like 3

This is probably an isolated incident, but I had a friend who was a cop at Pearson and they caught a valet taking an expensive car for a joy ride down Carlingview and Renforth at a high rate of speed.  This was a number of years ago.  😂

10 minutes ago, Magicat said:

This is probably an isolated incident, but I had a friend who was a cop at Pearson and they caught a valet taking an expensive car for a joy ride down Carlingview and Renforth at a high rate of speed.  This was a number of years ago.  😂

Not that isolated

many people complained of extra mileage 

Year ago our friend  had his Vette trashed  ...employee was joy riding 😉

• Haha 1