Parking at YYZ

Ex-Airbalancer

Sounds like Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. 

If your car is that nice and you’re worried someone will take it for a joyride, you can probably afford an Uber or taxi to the airport.

Personally our vehicles are not really joyride candidates… 😉

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, PapaGoose said:

Sounds like Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. 

If your car is that nice and you’re worried someone will take it for a joyride, you can probably afford an Uber or taxi to the airport.

Personally our vehicles are not really joyride candidates… 😉

A cab to the airport might work if you live in the same city as the airport 

but your right about worrying about a piece of metal , the car thieves probably take more cars from drives than parking lots 

Beside I just leave a pair of my old work boots in the car and no one will touch it 🤣

• Haha 2

I used to travel for work frequently and would use the Value Parking Lot by the Alt hotel if my trip was for about a week or shorter. Otherwise I'd Uber. Recently, I discoved there is a Go bus to the airport that runs 24 hour a day and about every 20 minutes during peak times. Love it. Great for getting  to the airport and cheap (with Seniors fare). Coming home, if it is not during peak times, I'll take an Uber if the bus schedule is not convenient. 

2 hours ago, cjpj said:

I used to travel for work frequently and would use the Value Parking Lot by the Alt hotel if my trip was for about a week or shorter. Otherwise I'd Uber. Recently, I discoved there is a Go bus to the airport that runs 24 hour a day and about every 20 minutes during peak times. Love it. Great for getting  to the airport and cheap (with Seniors fare). Coming home, if it is not during peak times, I'll take an Uber if the bus schedule is not convenient. 

Great for those that live close to the airport  

not so great  when you live 2+ hours away

no GO bus  or even a GO train close by

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 7:57 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Anyone know of any deals at YYZ for 17 days ? 

Here's a search engine -- a convenient way to compare some of the options. And you can specify valet when you do the search.  Park and Fly isn't on their list, so you'd need to get that quote directly from them.

On 3/24/2023 at 6:03 PM, lots-of-km2 said:

Here's a search engine -- a convenient way to compare some of the options. And you can specify valet when you do the search.  Park and Fly isn't on their list, so you'd need to get that quote directly from them.

@Ex-Airbalancer Just realized that I forgot the link:

https://onestopparking.com/yyz-airport-parking-toronto?affiliate=JUSTFLY

and here's another

https://airportparkingreservations.com/yyz/parking

Worth checking both to see if the results differ

Edited by lots-of-km2

On 3/15/2023 at 1:57 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What ease? 
With park and fly , I drive to the office , they take me to the terminal , coming home , I find pick up area they drive me to the car 

with Value park I have to drag our bags to train , get on the train, than get to the terminal and than coming find the train , drag  bags to car 

and pay $100 more to do it 

People from South western Ontario have a wrap sense of ease 🤣

I'm from the GTA. We are not  in South Western Ontario. We are the Centre of Ontario!

Which, BTW is the Centre of the Universe!!! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I'm from the GTA. We are not  in South Western Ontario. We are the Centre of Ontario!

It was so much easier to simply hate Toronto; with GTA, way too many innocents get thrown in!  Besides, for YYZ, blame Mississauga for that 'Crime Against Humane Air Travel'.

Edited by d9704011

32 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

When was the last time you look at a map ? 🤔GTA Centre of Ontario 

lived there for 22 years and would never move back there 

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

When was the last time you look at a map ? 🤔GTA Centre of Ontario 

lived there for 22 years and would never move back there 

You forgot Centre of the Universe as well. 😉

• 1 month later...

Car was still in one piece 😁

Shuttle bus was waiting and not filled when it left the airport 

Car was waiting for us 

will do it again 

Unbelievable traffic driving across Toronto at 10:30 pm , construction season has started 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

We used Valet Park 'n Fly this past Saturday.  Everything went well but we didn't like the "new" setup.  No luggage carts and, instead of your car waiting where you get off the shuttle, you need to get your luggage through to the other side of the building where the cars are.  We'll continue to use it but it's definitely not as convenient.

• 3 months later...

Used Valet again and this time and they put a big ding on the passenger side door. 

Adding the new location difficulties for us seniors we're done with them.  Now we need to find a reliable limo service!

43 minutes ago, Senga said:

Used Valet again and this time and they put a big ding on the passenger side door. 

Adding the new location difficulties for us seniors we're done with them.  Now we need to find a reliable limo service!

Sorry to her about the car.  We use Airline Limo and haven’t ever had any issues in all these years. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Senga said:

My sister uses  AirliftLimo dot com

She is happy with their service

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2023 at 2:42 PM, LHT28 said:

You should  do what works best for you

If you have a nice  car  do not leave it with PnF Valet   😉

We have a 'nice' car and leave it with a Valet parking official at the Terminal door. No luggage to deal with at the garage across the street, parked under cover, and safe with security.  Costs more $$s but worth it to us.  Considering the security and ease of drop off and pick up we  build this into the total cost of our vacation.

55 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We have a 'nice' car and leave it with a Valet parking official at the Terminal door. No luggage to deal with at the garage across the street, parked under cover, and safe with security.  Costs more $$s but worth it to us.  Considering the security and ease of drop off and pick up we  build this into the total cost of our vacation.

That is good  then

We use the Value Garage  & keep our keys

We  take the Link train to the terminal  so far works for us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

That is good  then

We use the Value Garage  & keep our keys

We  take the Link train to the terminal  so far works for us

We do that for shorter journeys — 2 weeks or less, or if we have someplace we need to be when we arrive back in Toronto, but it can be expensive for longer durations. That’s when we use Airline Limousine.