Bon Voyage Silver Moon!!!

spinnaker2

And the interesting thing is that there was no problem at all on the crossing, the printing was absolutely clean, clear and normal. However, from Lisbon onwards every day has seen the same messy smeared area across the top, I wonder why?

Still suffering withdrawal from the Moon, awake at 4am today, not surprising since I'm suddenly six hours back, now eager to get on my final flight home, only a few hours to wait.

Then to start planning and anticipating the Dawn in June!

Calm seas and a following wind to all of you still on the Moon. (And all the other ships too, of course)

• Like 2

That photo was taken on a very chilly night. Dr. Spins (head enlarged and circled in blue for this view) and I were wearing parkas, and if you look carefully you can see another woman wrapped in a blanket. The models must have been freezing cold but I am sure they were well paid. We smile when we see this photo! 

C7259E45-38C3-44EB-8207-52C11196FA72.thumb.jpeg.5b8dcbea53bc8d652482ce0578e34d40.jpeg

14 hours ago, jollyjones said:

And the interesting thing is that there was no problem at all on the crossing, the printing was absolutely clean, clear and normal. However, from Lisbon onwards every day has seen the same messy smeared area across the top, I wonder why?

It's a bit far for a service call on the copier! 🤣 (It needs a new drum or a wiper blade.)

On 3/16/2023 at 7:00 PM, ggo85 said:

This is the single worst boarding experience we’ve had in at least a decade.  And that includes cruises where pierside testing was required.  We’ve been here for an hour and have yet to check in. Really, really poor.  

Everyone is being patient but wondering why, for what we pay, they couldn’t hire a few more folks to do intake.  

The boarding experience was not good.  They did not have sufficient staff to handle the modest sized crowd.

Yet In Lisbon 2 weeks ago it was our best boarding experience ever. Also at the start of the next leg in Barcelona we got back from our excursion just before 1 pm and a lot had already boarded. Rooms were available just after 1pm. 
Delays are more likely due to Port Authorities than Silversea as the first few that you meet are their staff.

• Like 1

The embarkation in Lauderdale for the Moon crossing started very late because of the extended US Coast Guard inspection of the ship since it was her first turnaround day after her lengthy South American voyage. This backed everything up as no person or thing could be loaded or unloaded during the inspection, which itself couldn't start until all pax had been disembarked and the ship zeroed.

Then the port staff (who are not SS) compounded the frustration of the boarding pax by being slow, inefficient, and of inadequate numbers.

It was certainly a very annoying start to the cruise but it was caused by US rules and Port Everglade inadequacies.

It was also very stressful for the crew as they were unable to get on with their usual duties on a turnaround day, plus according to one of the international hostesses, 'a whole list of things' weren't loaded before we sailed as there wasn't enough time.

Perhaps SS should have scheduled a later sailing time, we sailed at 7pm and of course had to have the drill before sailing, but a later sailing time might have interfered with drinks and dinner, oh horror. 

PS now that SS isn't fumigating the cabins, they've gone back to being available at 2pm which slightly mitigated the late embarkation.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

Hi, I boarded Spirit yesterday and it was sooooooo fast! Got to the port at 1:30 and was on board at 1:40

• Like 2

A definite change in atmosphere on the present leg of our cruise compared to the previous segment.

A lot younger demographic and quite a few under 5's. Why are they being kept up until 9-10pm in the restaurants when they have become overtired and become grizzly or shouting? Why not an early meal time.

And a 2 year old having tantrums on a 2 hour drive in a bus for an excursion is not pleasant.

We had a great group at the putting last segmen now over half are under 15. Not enjoyable so no longer participating.

But one positive. Not as many at Trivia so two firsts and 2 seconds. be thankful for small mercies.