Cunard Bear

babs135

• 2 months later...

We will be first time Cunard cruisers in October. I'm not usually one to collect stuffed animals but considering our dog's nickname is Bear, this concept is very alluring! 

Would someone mind sharing some photos of previous Bears and the stories behind them? 

(Selfishly looking for ways to bide our countdown time. We have too many months to go! LOL!)

15 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Last year's bear was Commodore Arthur Bear - named for the Captain Arthur Rostron, master of RMS Carpathia.

Here is the Bear, along with a husky puppy from the Tromso Wilderness Center

image.thumb.jpeg.15be2822f11a6ea3e19a767be8c28a7f.jpeg

That bear (and his pup) are adorable. And the story is great! Thanks for sharing. I foresee a Cunard Bear donning the bed in our guest bedroom post-cruise! 🙂

I seem to recall that there was a bear named after Cunard's female captain Inger Thorhauge.  I am assuming that Cunard has chosen to 'retire' the bears after a while in order to keep them exclusive, otherwise they are missing a trick by not making them available all the time.  

We will be on the QM2 in July and the Victoria in December so hopefully if there is a new bear available we will be able to purchase one.

40 minutes ago, esrs said:

On board V315 and look what we just found in the shop! No apparent name, wearing a Prince's Trust polo shirt ..  the 2023 bear!

16860792651887002685289782680060.jpg

Good find, @esrs!

May I post your photo on our other "Cunard Teddy Bears" thread? I've been keeping a tally there of images of each of the Cunard annual bears that have been released since 2011. I'll rotate your photo before posting it there for easier viewing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Good find, @esrs!

May I post your photo on our other "Cunard Teddy Bears" thread? I've been keeping a tally there of images of each of the Cunard annual bears that have been released since 2011. I'll rotate your photo before posting it there for easier viewing.

Sure, no problem!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And have you acquired the latest? I think you may have Arthur already.

No we don't have either of them, there were no bears on our last trip so our newest niece and nephew had cuddly ships !

6 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

No we don't have either of them, there were no bears on our last trip so our newest niece and nephew had cuddly ships !

I think cuddly ships are pretty silly. I’m sure the young would love the bears, though.

• Haha 1