The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 20th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Extraterrestrial Abductions Day, International Day of Happiness, and International Earth Day

Who cares about great marks left behind? We have one life... just one. Our life. We have nothing else. - Ugo Betti

Meal Suggestion for today - Saag Paneer
Drink of the Day - Cruzan 9 Punch
Wine of the Day - Chateau de Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2019
Destination of the Day - Geraldton, Western Australia

Eurodam

Cartagena Colombia 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 3-25

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 0800-1500

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour eta 3-21

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Montt, Chile eta 3-22

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Philipsburg, St. Maarten eta 21 Mar

Volendam

At Sea destination St Thomas, US Virgin Islands eta 21 Mar

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 3-21

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Luanda, Angola eta 3-21

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Wellington, New Zealand 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Tsuruga, Japan Fukui 08:00 - 17:00

image.thumb.png.c9bb54fbf2d65bd6016b0e14ca4d52b0.png

image.thumb.png.2f0efd2a6747d5524b44fbeb710cda84.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

Good morning friends!  Wow, it's a cold one this morning!  It's 26F, but will be 53 and sunny later today.  Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day but extremely nippy with a brisk northwesterly wind.  I could hear the noise of the Nascar racing going on at Atlanta Motor Speedway (actually in Hampton, Georgia not Atlanta) by sticking my head out the back door and listening.  Much too cold!  My DB likes Nascar and was watching so we were WhatsApping back and forth about the race as it happened.  Twin is in the Smoky Mountains on a spring break trip with her DH, and her widowed daughter and grandkids.  (Amy is the one who lost Buddy last summer to cancer).  Anyway, twin was watching and chiming in too.  It was an interesting late afternoon activity and something we hadn't done before. 🥰 

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor our first day of spring Daily and Fleet Report.   You wouldn't know it by the temperatures!  It's also Extraterrestrial Abduction Day which I think I will try to avoid!  International Day of Happiness sounds much better as well as International Earth Day.  I don't know what saag paneer is but I'm sure our food editor will clue us in.  I will probably turn down the punch drink and have no idea what the wine is like.  The ladies will surely educate us on them.  Thanks to all of you for your help!

Prayers for the Care list this morning.  Also to all around the world suffering from the weather, war, or natural and unnatural disasters.  🙏  Three cheers to all who are on the Celebration list.  Hope the cruises are going smoothly and everyone is enjoying.  This week Joy and Allen are heading toward San Diego and I've noticed how slowly time seems to be passing by as they sail towards "home".  I'm sure Joy is keeping things hopping onboard the Koningsdam.🎉🥂 

Port of the Day is Geraldton, Western Australia.  This one was not listed on my circumnavigation of Australia cruise and therefore we have not been there before.  Here are the links to the last two times it was our special port, so if you have photos please do print them here for all to see.

Let's make today a Miraculous Monday everyone!  Stay safe and healthy.  I'm doing my part on the treadmill shortly.  Take care!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 30

Thanks for the Daily Report.

The sun arrived yesterday around 1 pm at Half Moon Cay.  Beautiful afternoon and evening onboard the ship. The water is smooth and winds have decreased significantly.  

We had a another wonderful dinner. Most everything on the cruise has been very good.  

Nothing planned for today as it's a sea day on our slow leisurely pace to Grand Cayman. 

Internet still working great and hopefully stays that way.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

Edited by seagarsmoker
  • Like 29

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Superoma’s DD with breathing issues from Covid

dfish parathyroid surgery March 22

Mamaofami Cataract surgery March 23

NextOne needing valve surgery

2 Edmonton police officers killed in the line of duty

Citizens of Ukraine/Earthquake in Ecuador

From the rotation:

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Cruising sister’s cast coming off this week

RMLincoln and DH feeling better

Smitty34877’s new aide for Tana

Many Dailyites planning cruises

1 Day for Kplady (Grand Princess 3/21 to 4/28)

7 Days for USN59-79 (Westerdam 3/27 to 5/7)

Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Seagarsmoker (Nieuw Statendam to 3/25), DWAliaschief’s sisters cruise (Rotterdam to 3/29), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

Good morning to all,

I figure I had better post now because I have no idea what today will bring.

Does the ET abduction mean that they will abduct me, or we will abduct them? LOL.

I‘ll go with the other two days.  Like to be happy and Cheer to Earth Day.  We have to preserve the planet.

I will skip the meal since I don’t know what it is.  We will see about the wine and the drink.

I like the quote.

Have not been to the port.

I am up early because I will have a parade of people here again today. I hope this ends soon.

Tomorrow we are going to Jacksonville to the Mayo Clinic.  We will be there for a few days as I have some doctor appointments and tests.  So the workers can have the run of the house without us.

There is a lockbox on the door so they can do their thing.

It’s a cold day here.  Only 41 and going up to 57.  Two weeks ago it was in the 80s and we were wearing shorts.  Go figure!

Prayers for all on the Cares list and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Prayers especially to those having surgery today and soon.  Hope all goes well.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 25

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A cold, clear morning.  Lots of starts in the sky, when I let Bertie out this morning.

An interesting collection of days.  I hope to avoid alien abduction.  Everyday should be happiness day.  I celebrate Earth Day.

Though provoking quote.

I'll pass on the meal suggestion.  I hope the drink isn't too sweet.  I'll have the wine if someone else is buying.

We haven't been to today's port, thanks for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Wishing everyone a happy Monday.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

Good morning. Thanks for the daily report and lists. I hope to avoid an alien abduction today but I all for happiness and earth day.  Happy Spring at 5:42pm, it’s time.  I like the quote, just do my part the best that I can.  Not sure what the meal is but the drink and wine sound like winners to me.  Haven’t been to today’s port.prayers for everyone on our prayer list and cheers to those celebrating happy events today.

• Like 20

Good Morning All,

I hope everyone is doing well and prayers to those with health burdens or struggles.

Two weeks ago, my DW and I headed out for our second-ever cruise, which was a Western Caribbean on the Ruby Princess out of Galveston.  We received a great online send-off from people on this forum.  Since this was our second ever cruise, with our first being on the MS Koningsdam last December, we decided to give Princess a try to see how we liked it compared to our experience on HAL.  We had a great time on our HAL cruise, but being so inexperienced, we were just beginning to learn what we enjoyed doing and what we didn't enjoy doing.  However, we both realized that we loved the cruising experience and wanted to continue to do it more and more.  

We enjoyed our March 5-12 Western Caribbean cruise on the Ruby Princess very much.  We learned even more about our personal likes and dislikes and found more of a groove to make the experience more enjoyable.  The cruise started out very rough.  The Ruby Princess cruise the week prior to ours had a large number of gastrointestinal sickness, which was likely Norovirus.  The CDC report showed about 300 pax of the 3000 or so on the ship got sick.  Many of you may have seen the news reports on this.  Anyhow, when the ship disembarked its passengers, the whole ship went through a extensive disinfection.  This delayed boarding for several hours and delayed the crew from being able to do their turn around day work until late afternoon.  We appreciated what they did and were not upset with the delay, however, it was very taxing on the crew of the ship.  It took them a day or two to get back up to speed, so the service was a bit hit and miss.  No matter though, for after the rough start things got really good and my DW and I had a great time.  We had learned from our HAL trip that being on the Lido deck and eating at the buffet was not to our liking very much, so we ate the MDR(s) for most of our meals.  We also ate at the International Cafe for  breakfasts on port days and for periodic snacks.  @StLouisCruisers suggested it and, after trying it our the first day, we ended up loving the place.  We enjoyed the entertainment on the ship very much and we loved spending time in the Piazza area.  Our cabin was an aft-facing cabin and we loved spending time on our balcony as well.  Since we don't enjoy the crowds on the Lido deck, we loved walking around the Promenade Deck.  However, we soon discovered that Princess has designated part of the Promenade Deck as a public smoking area on these Grand class ships.  Personally we do not enjoy being around cigarette smoke, so that put a damper on our enjoyment of being able to do a full walk around of the promenade deck for we avoided the smoking part.  

Even though we had a great time on the Ruby Princess, we still feel that HAL may be more to our likings so we plan to keep our four upcoming cruises on HAL.  However, if the right itinerary presented itself, we would consider going on another Princess ship.  

@lobsternight mentioned that their second cruise was a Western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston.  They had a great time too.  We now have that in common with each other.

Attached are a grew pictures of our cruise:

336251313_760227645671737_5959621439832284560_n.jpg.19570f1b22b96d897fabe35e208fd43f.jpg

IMG_3890.thumb.jpg.e9e962b15f0c7254cd57505b254c8892.jpgA couple of snapshots from our balcony.

336363588_116830131358839_5401258902976564993_n.jpg.4897e5ff40d99bee556d50e7b84b76ab.jpg

Took the chairlift ride at Mahogany Beach in Roatan.  We walked around the beach a bit and enjoyed the sights.  336544070_543142104576200_6470586608055752035_n.thumb.jpg.a4ea7fe79bea3538cefbd5b7639a48bc.jpg

Went to the Altun Ha Mayan ruins in Belize. 

336359770_154732807462894_5016392404971882808_n.jpg.9c7ea693af8c43b35f78526fabd2dbbc.jpg

Went to a Mexican Fiesta in Cozumel with dance performances, a Mariachi band, and great food.  It was a lot of fun.

IMG_3883.thumb.jpg.abe753a3fa1255a78af930b3f7c8b471.jpg

The Ruby Princess in Cozumel. 

Edited by TAW1963
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Happy Monday and last official day of winter, although it's trying to hang on.  Yesterday was the coldest morning since early February and today starts out almost as cold.  It should end up a bit warmer today but I think still winter coat,

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann, and Debbie/Tina.  Slept well again last night.  I'll pass on Alien Abductions but salute happiness and Earth Day.  Not sure what to make of the quote or the meal.

Geraldton rang a bell but I checked and realized I have never been there,  I had taken note of it because Crystal Serenity was scheduled to stop there in 2020 but was denied entry,

Roy

• Like 28

Good morning everyone. Up with the few birds flying around. Think they have a nest on my roof. It’s 28 degrees this morning. I’m off to my balance PT this morning and then home to continue some paperwork that I hate.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 26

Good morning. I saw purple crocuses yesterday and some daffodils so I know spring is starting here.It will be sunny and in the fifties today. DH only yesterday said that he would welcome an alien abduction. Oh my. He was not kidding. We decided that the space ship would not be able to park on our crowded streets.

i like the other two days and look forward to the recipe . We have not been to the port.

We had a rough night here and if possible I think I will go back to bed. I rarely do that as it makes my chronic insomnia worse but at this point I am beyond worrying about it. The aide arrived in the dark at seven and has been very calm and helpful.

Take care and enjoy the day.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 12

Thank you for getting us started, Sandi & keeping up with all the changes so well!!  Rich, thank you for pulling all the info together!

Today started out so much better than yesterday. Yesterday I laid in bed for quite some time waiting for my phone alarm to go off. I set it to make sure I am up by the time I want to be, and am usually out of bed before it goes off. I finally decided to get up - Thank goodness! I discovered my phone had lost its charge, and it was 48 minutes after I wanted to get up! Sigh.  

Vanessa, thank you for keeping our lists so diligently & I love your idea of substituting zucchini slices for the pasta in the lasagna roll-ups. Debbie, good luck with your surgery this week & Tina, thank you for stepping in for Debbie!

Another nippy morning. 41 in mid-March seems weird. Gym, Bind walks, chores. 

5703B981-3729-4E69-8B00-DD21CA672D77.jpeg.ff6d07bcda089196e385aeb6cec69fe4.jpeg

1AD6AA3F-F9A7-4237-80B4-23A15D9C491C.jpeg.8b3100fa19d1ab2d3ac9454df80b2621.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Chateau de Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2019

This one tempts me to go outside of my budget.  Rarely does one find a superb version of this one under $100.  But this one is! Available from quite a few online distributors with prices starting at $87.99.

Winemaker Notes

#7 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

The 2019 Château de Beaucastel red has an elegant deep ruby red color. The powerful and elegant nose offers superb notes of spices, cherries and cocoa. Elegantly and perfectly balanced, the mouth reveals a beautiful dense structure with fine tannins and complex aromas of red fruit such as blackcurrants and floral notes. The finish is very long and harmonious. A very sophisticated wine, signature of Beaucastel’s style.

Blend: Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Counoise, Vaccarèse, Terret, Muscardin, Clairette, Picpoul, Bourboulenc, Picardan & Roussanne

JS97 James Suckling

So much ripe damson-plum and blackberry fruit, but also notes of licorice, candied ginger and baking spices. In spite of all the considerable power and concentration, this is anything but loud or domineering, rather it tastes very poised and precise. Very long finish with pronounced stony character. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold

D96 Decanter

Immediately rich and damson-scented with a shot of cassis running through it. A medium-bodied, very classic vintage with good freshness. Has a good sense of weight and drive, not endlessly deep like 2017 or 2016 but perfectly balanced. Should age well into the medium, if not long term, but what's more important is that it's extremely delicious, balanced and fresh. Grenache and Cinsault fermented in cement, Syrah and Mourvèdre fermented in foudre. A little less Syrah this year.

JD96 Jeb Dunnuck

The 2019 Châteauneuf Du Pape is the usual blend of roughly 30% Mourvèdre, 30% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 10% Counoise, and the rest a mix of permitted varieties that was brought up in foudre. It offers a vivid ruby/purple hue as well as stunning aromatics of blueberries, violets, peppered beef, leather, and spring flowers. Medium to full-bodied, beautifully balanced, and elegant, it has just a kiss of classic Beaucastel wild, sauvage nuances, ripe, silky tannins, and a great finish. Give bottles 4-5 years of bottle age and enjoy over the following two decades. Rating : 96+

WS96 Wine Spectator
This is pretty gorgeous, with a remarkably pure display of cassis, cherry puree and plum reduction flavors laced ever so gently with threads of leather, alder and dried garrigue. The sleek iron spine is buried deeply on the finish, and there’s a lingering hint of warm stone as the fruit echoes through. Built to last.
RP95 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The dark-fruited, plummy and cola-scented 2019 Chateauneuf du Pape is a rich, full-bodied effort reminiscent of the 2007 or 2009. Dense, powerful and savory, it may drink well for a short time on release, but expect it to close up shortly, only to reemerge in several years. There's ample concentration and sufficient tannins for the long haul, with a long, dusty finish and hints of licorice that bode well for the future.
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

Thanks for Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

Wow, it’s Extraterrestrial Abduction Day. A real close encounter of the closest kind.

Believe it or not one time I thought I had been abducted by these aliens but my bad jokes protected me. True story. Several years ago I thought I was preparing for a colonoscopy. These folks wheeled me into this dark room with all this very strange equipment and this one piece that looked like a steel garden hose. I looked up at the person wearing a mask and asked that person, “Am I here for a colonoscopy or have I been abducted by aliens.” I received no reply and the next thing that happened was I was in another room in a recovery chair. I guess those aliens could not take a joke! 😀

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 8
  • Haha 16

Debbie is taking a break from the “Meal Suggestion of the Daily” this week.  I am happy to share with you one of my favorite Indian dishes, Saag Paneer, not to be confused with Palak Paneer.  Saag Paneer can be made with spinach, mustard leaves, or really any mixture of greens. Palak Paneer is strictly made with spinach.  

Saag Paneer is vegetarian, gluten-free and can also be low-carb and diabetic friendly if consumed with a low-carb accompaniment.  It is very popular in British takeaway shops

Paneer is known as the Indian cottage cheese. Paneer has a mild and milky flavor and a dense crumbly texture that goes well with strong spicy flavors used in many classic Indian dishes. It won't melt like other cheeses, so chunks of it can be stirred into soups or curries and remain intact. Paneer is available in my local grocery store but if you can’t find it, use this link. 15 Ideas: What's the Best Paneer Substitute? - Some Indian Girl

Another key ingredient is Garam Masala which can easily be found in the spice section of your grocery store.  It can be made from many different spices, but some of the most common are cinnamon, peppercorns, cardamom, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, cloves, mace, and nutmeg. 

Our first recipe contains directions for how to make your own Paneer and Garam Masala. Saag Paneer Recipe | Aarti Sequeira | Food Network

KG_cz1zjbuVIp-tP8ghUvHBj-AZfTfWQcvjWWReaaqUyKypBw1-nIDZpVw5gK-pFeaRsv0uNiLT1yUEj1yHWlkmzDyeTmJSTMNXgsIkI3ViNMaiub3GNHve82c_CAA-N9SgcUp10_wRaH97tnLisFwg

Fatima gives us the background to the dish along with possible substitutions, alterations and other tips. The BEST Saag Paneer! - Fatima Cooks

Jb2lKSMbCAl4loqZ9b1oEn5sjkcDti7wwJY1qsGSXA4OTH4jcB4JPtq4VJGJQgyWor67GW75hEcQTYY7CZ6YNDel0WGUs-A3Szo63MlKbWIW5I14IGlJUjNJ8-4C1qewUjcLeNsZlPvQ7SDvbBeDIyA

This recipe is thicken with cream or coconut milk and looks like the simplest to make Authentic Saag Paneer Recipe

iiNQvt2fh3Ap7Atsh39Uq3o4nxZiiZqXt7adZboRGnG6HomydM8EzonuUfCARtJ_t25IBc_-33lfXjqw0GF_2HQ1bw6Uth0N28YlgZTHZHmnWa-bmjJNGKxhl7GHihjqcn0kAWYc3xQMIepKoFqw194

Wishing everyone an International Day of Happiness!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

50 minutes ago, TAW1963 said:

Good Morning All,

I hope everyone is doing well and prayers to those with health burdens or struggles.

Two weeks ago, my DW and I headed out for our second-ever cruise, which was a Western Caribbean on the Ruby Princess out of Galveston.  We received a great online send-off from people on this forum.  Since this was our second ever cruise, with our first being on the MS Koningsdam last December, we decided to give Princess a try to see how we liked it compared to our experience on HAL.  We had a great time on our HAL cruise, but being so inexperienced, we were just beginning to learn what we enjoyed doing and what we didn't enjoy doing.  However, we both realized that we loved the cruising experience and wanted to continue to do it more and more.  

We enjoyed our March 5-12 Western Caribbean cruise on the Ruby Princess very much.  We learned even more about our personal likes and dislikes and found more of a groove to make the experience more enjoyable.  The cruise started out very rough.  The Ruby Princess cruise the week prior to ours had a large number of gastrointestinal sickness, which was likely Norovirus.  The CDC report showed about 300 pax of the 3000 or so on the ship got sick.  Many of you may have seen the news reports on this.  Anyhow, when the ship disembarked its passengers, the whole ship went through a extensive disinfection.  This delayed boarding for several hours and delayed the crew from being able to do their turn around day work until late afternoon.  We appreciated what they did and were not upset with the delay, however, it was very taxing on the crew of the ship.  It took them a day or two to get back up to speed, so the service was a bit hit and miss.  No matter though, for after the rough start things got really good and my DW and I had a great time.  We had learned from our HAL trip that being on the Lido deck and eating at the buffet was not to our liking very much, so we ate the MDR(s) for most of our meals.  We also ate at the International Cafe for  breakfasts on port days and for periodic snacks.  @StLouisCruisers suggested it and, after trying it our the first day, we ended up loving the place.  We enjoyed the entertainment on the ship very much and we loved spending time in the Piazza area.  Our cabin was an aft-facing cabin and we loved spending time on our balcony as well.  Since we don't enjoy the crowds on the Lido deck, we loved walking around the Promenade Deck.  However, we soon discovered that Princess has designated part of the Promenade Deck as a public smoking area on these Grand class ships.  Personally we do not enjoy being around cigarette smoke, so that put a damper on our enjoyment of being able to do a full walk around of the promenade deck for we avoided the smoking part.  

Even though we had a great time on the Ruby Princess, we still feel that HAL may be more to our likings so we plan to keep our four upcoming cruises on HAL.  However, if the right itinerary presented itself, we would consider going on another Princess ship.  

@lobsternight mentioned that their second cruise was a Western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston.  They had a great time too.  We now have that in common with each other.

Attached are a grew pictures of our cruise:

336251313_760227645671737_5959621439832284560_n.jpg.19570f1b22b96d897fabe35e208fd43f.jpg

IMG_3890.thumb.jpg.e9e962b15f0c7254cd57505b254c8892.jpgA couple of snapshots from our balcony.

336363588_116830131358839_5401258902976564993_n.jpg.4897e5ff40d99bee556d50e7b84b76ab.jpg

Took the chairlift ride at Mahogany Beach in Roatan.  We walked around the beach a bit and enjoyed the sights.  336544070_543142104576200_6470586608055752035_n.thumb.jpg.a4ea7fe79bea3538cefbd5b7639a48bc.jpg

Went to the Altun Ha Mayan ruins in Belize. 

336359770_154732807462894_5016392404971882808_n.jpg.9c7ea693af8c43b35f78526fabd2dbbc.jpg

Went to a Mexican Fiesta in Cozumel with dance performances, a Mariachi band, and great food.  It was a lot of fun.

IMG_3883.thumb.jpg.abe753a3fa1255a78af930b3f7c8b471.jpg

The Ruby Princess in Cozumel. 

Thank you for posting your cruise experience and photos which were excellent.

I'm pleased you both had a great time.

Graham 

• Like 15

A quick good morning. Soon headed to car dealership for car to be serviced. Wine is interesting today. Visited there last October. Summer home of the pope back in 1400 when the Pope resided in Avignon, France. Tasted some great wines.

The car will take up a good part of the morning then there will be laundry to do in afternoon.

Dealership is about 30 minute drive in rush hour so must be on my way. Thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily.

Bruce

image.jpeg.59782ca4cbd997598c37580d9928ba47.jpegimage.jpeg.d3bcea0fedfd842b743a16171984dd73.jpegimage.jpeg.c5f9eeb845eead203ed204207029b600.jpegimage.jpeg.c0f97e554f7cb90cc9a0ce035ccb3201.jpegimage.jpeg.3465f52c677e1814f6fa57bcdf2d3ea4.jpegimage.jpeg.68a3396128f527b53845bf7c5e96e589.jpegimage.jpeg.285eac239419104ecb01bdfad15101ca.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 19

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi

Good collection of days - at least 2 our of 3 are.  I’ll celebrate day of happiness and earth day.  We need as much happiness as we can get and protect the earth.

I like the Betti quote.  @0106, Tina that meal sounds good.  Thanks for the explanations and stepping in (and up) for Debbie. 

My neighbour took me to the store to grab a few groceries yesterday and I swear, the prices just keep escalating.  I used to have a good idea what the bill would be.  Now I just try to keep my jaw from dropping when I hear the total.

75FAAE9B-C836-4397-85DA-5003B806A45F.jpeg.a08e4bc61efb9e1039b6988deac26948.jpeg

While today is the first day of spring - it doesn’t come here officially until this evening shortly after 5 pm.

163439F7-BE31-48DC-BE90-3A33B588B8A7.thumb.jpeg.a06790dc8833ad12c2e352080dbebb23.jpeg

Who am I kidding?  We have a ways to go before spring arrives.  The snow is not done yet.

40B103D4-985B-441E-801A-C063CBB95E47.thumb.jpeg.789b3035fbdfdbfc512bdc235a4dfa46.jpeg

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

We had a rough night here and if possible I think I will go back to bed. I rarely do that as it makes my chronic insomnia worse but at this point I am beyond worrying about it. The aide arrived in the dark at seven and has been very calm and helpful.

I’m sorry to hear about your rough night 😞 I hope a nap can help and doesn’t interfere with your sleep tonight 🤞 So glad you have an aide that is helpful 👍 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

7C997DFF-4C25-414B-B6B3-CC595EA34559.jpeg.2244c5c29462375420e240e1faadace0.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone and may spring come to you all sooner than later.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning,

I woke up with winter and temps in the 20’s. It will peek into spring this afternoon with 50’s and wind. One thing you count on in Kansas is wind in the spring. You can’t buy a breeze in the summer when it is in the 90’s and humid. 

I will pass on todays food but thanks to @0106 for taking over for Debbie as she gets ready for her long awaited surgery. 

Thanks to @seagarsmokerfor taking us on their NS cruise. I will be on her in May and like hearing about their adventures and report on the ship. 

Have a great happy day everyone. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone!

Knowing the Meal of the Day was in Tina's @0106 expert hands, I slept in until almost 8:00 am.  I woke up at 6:10 and decided to stay in bed until 7, but that turned into 8.  It felt great!  I have a zoom meeting today and then will take DB of the knee surgery to the grocery store.  I need to go as well, so no problem there.  I'm hoping he'll use his cane instead of the walker.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

My recovery is exceedingly slow but I hope I am at least a little stronger and able to resume sunrises most days.  Today's is from 2014 where on March 20 Crystal Serenity docked in Mauritius.

dawn0320.jpg

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Happy Equinox!  
“It’s a Good Day to be Happy!” was a sign at the oncology radiation check in station at MD Anderson where we went for DH’s treatment in early 2020. It was such a great reminder and has made lasting impact on me. We were very blessed to be able to go there and stay for nearly 4 months, while COVID started.  So, No matter what the situation, it’s a good day to be happy!  

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope.  Calmness and courage to those getting ready for surgery. 

Cheers for all celebrating!  Life is good!  

Smooth Sailing to all our cruisers!  Enjoy it all! 
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 29