Best Covid/cruise travel insurance

Just wondering which company everyone is using for travel insurance including covid cover. My credit card insurance does not cover covid so need to get additional cover for 22 day Med cruise  . Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Auscruisefam said:

NRMA, it included Covid cover and was also the cheapest from the quotes I did online. 

I got NRMA last cruise and it was almost half the price of Cover-More.

As you said it covers Covid ,isolation and onboard medical . it was pretty vague on what it covered with cruise ships especially things like helicopter evacuation.

Covermore will insure the wife and I and includes Covid cover and repatriation. The only drawback is

we are over 80 yrs old and the excess is $3000. Not that this is relevant to young gbenjo 😁  but thought it might help others of similar age.

Gbenjo When we were researching insurance last year, we were going to go with NIB, they seemed to cover everything. Just by chance I rung Allianz (Westpac CC) and they had changed their policy to cover Covid, so we went with Allianz and paid the $45 each to cover pre existing conditions, but I definitely thought NIB was the best at the time and best value too!

Beware of Insure & Go if you need to make a claim! We did last year due to catching Covid on a land tour. Took well over 2 months after lodging claim and initially declined the majority of our claim. However when I escalated to complaints was paid on the spot - very frustrating!!! 
Have used Qantas Nib(no claims) and found if you split the policies instead of a couple policy this can sometimes work out cheaper.

Using Allianz for our international trip (that includes a cruise)later in the year as their Covid cover is up to the amount you choose for cancellation limit. The majority of other companies set a Covid limit of around $2500 for cancellation. Considering our air fares are way above that this was a good option.

You really need to do your homework and read the PDS statements to see the finer points of what is and isn’t covered which narrows down the list as well as the cost involved!!!

On 3/27/2023 at 6:29 PM, gbenjo said:

Thank you for all your responses. Might need to spend a morning on the computer comparing now I have a few ship free days.

Just discovered that the Fifty Up Club has travel insurance and was about $500 cheaper than most  of the others. I already had general travel insurance through my credit card (Commonwealth) but they do not cover covid related matters so I only wanted a policy that covered the cruise portion but most wanted to charge for the entire trip.(MSC insist you have  a covid policy as the cruise is one of their longer "grand" cruises ie.21 days) Will probably take this and cop any unforseen extras if they do  occur (fingers crossed) .

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Fast Cover Travel Insurance is back!  Good company to deal with.

I have used them in the past, when I needed evacuation cover, however I didn’t claim.

Okay if you are 79 years old or under.😞

12 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Okay if you are 79 years old or under.😞

Thanks. I was at the time and still am.  
I wonder what cruiselines are going to do when their passengers can’t buy affordable insurance. Not everyone elderly who is healthy can afford to self insure.  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 4:35 PM, MMDown Under said:

Thanks. I was at the time and still am.  
I wonder what cruiselines are going to do when their passengers can’t buy affordable insurance. Not everyone elderly who is healthy can afford to self insure.  

People will not be able to cruise as often I suppose.

As always if you can’t afford insurance then you can’t afford to cruise.

Cheers Carole

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

People will not be able to cruise as often I suppose.

As always if you can’t afford insurance then you can’t afford to cruise.

Cheers Carole

Insurers of Local cruises will need to become more competitive.  When my daughter lived in London insurance premiums were less expensive than in Australia for same cruise.

Otherwise they will loose their Senior cruisers!

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Insurers of Local cruises will need to become more competitive.  When my daughter lived in London insurance premiums were less expensive than in Australia for same cruise.

Otherwise they will loose their Senior cruisers!

Yes I have family in UK and my sister gets her insurance for a third of what I pay.

Cheers Carole 

18 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Yes I have family in UK and my sister gets her insurance for a third of what I pay.

Cheers Carole 

When I first came across this, I thought this can’t be right!!  Before the pandemic, my TA in UK who organised the cruise provided insurance (government).

Why did the Aust Govt let the TAs cease contributing to the policy which covered  passengers for TAs going bankrupt?