Eclipse Royal Suite "hot tub"

SmokeyPearl

Good morning! I am planning an Alaska cruise on the Eclipse.  This will be my second cruise. My first cruise was about 6 years ago on RCC. The Celebrity website says that there is a "hot tub" on the RS balcony.  Is this an actual hot tub that is temperature controlled?  It looks more like a jacuzzi bathtub. 

My apologies if this has already been covered on the boards.  I've had no luck finding any posts about this.

Thank you!

The good thing is that in the RS you also have one of the same size inside in your Bathroom.  

I agree that the one on the deck is a waste of space but have used it a couple times.    Was just nice soaking in hot water while watching the ocean go by.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The good thing is that in the RS you also have one of the same size inside in your Bathroom.  

I agree that the one on the deck is a waste of space but have used it a couple times.    Was just nice soaking in hot water while watching the ocean go by.

Very disappointed to hear the hot tub is not a true hot tub. Oh well, I will just have to make due with the large balcony on Celebrity Summit.

Hope the butler can bring me free (included in price) drinks to the balcony.

Laura

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Very disappointed to hear the hot tub is not a true hot tub. Oh well, I will just have to make due with the large balcony on Celebrity Summit.

Hope the butler can bring me free (included in price) drinks to the balcony.

Laura

If Alex is your butler, he will do pretty much anything you ask of him.  His pat answer to a request is, "Of course."

• Like 1

I loved the views from the hot tub on Silhouette when in Norwegian fjords.

After a trip up the cable car into the snow then there is nothing better than a lovely hot soak in the bubbles with a drinkie watching the mountains.... perfection 

IMG_20220503_162424.thumb.jpg.d9bf3546abb1229525e280a05899d9ce.jpg

IMG_20220503_101501.thumb.jpg.9707e10d66496d3acb0e575d60c0eb62.jpg

• Like 7

Sailed in most S class ships in RS. The balcony tub is a large bathtub with jets. Not temperature controlled. Does cool off....all said, I've used it on a cruise to Antarctica....Warmth lasted just long enough so I got out before I "wrinkled" up. Your milage may vary. There is a hot tub in the Retreat, I just prefer my own. 

Have fun!

Edited by emelle
  • Like 1

My wife loves that tub. She probably spends a couple hours per day it. Not at all a waste of space, especially considering how much space you have with the RS balcony. 

As mentioned, it is not temperature controlled, but it does run hot water if you like. Alaskan cruises aren't always frigid. You may find you enjoy the tub very much. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 11:50 AM, SmokeyPearl said:

Thank you both for this information.  I can't imagine using it in Alaska either. 

We had one warm afternoon on an otherwise cool rainy Alaska cruise on Eclipse last July. Very much enjoyed using the hot tub, bathtub with jets or whatever you want to call it.

• Like 3