When to book an European cruise for 2024?

hanna7636

Hi. We are looking into booking a cruise for July 2024.  Are all the cruises released now?  Should I wait awhile?  We are going on a NCL cruise this summer and were wondering if I stick with them should I wait to book the cruise while I am onboard to get the discount?

Thank you for any advice!

I would think all cruise lines have released their summer 2024 schedules by now.

There is no magic time to book. We don't know where you live, as various countries have differing rules on costs and abilities to change, cancel or re-fare bookings. In the US, typically, you can re-fare if the price goes down prior to final payment. After final payment,  you can seek an OBC for some of the difference if prices go down.

As to cruise line, we don't know you, your tastes or interests,  so we can't answer if you should stay with NCL. Yes, waiting to see if you like NCL, and perhaps booking on board for a perk or discount is an option. You can do a lot of research on the NCL board to find out what benefits there might be to booking on board. 

Already booked one for 2024.  Weighing up the options for later in 2024. .

We like specific balcony cabins, and want to fly from our local airport, so it makes sense to book early. 

• Like 1

most cruise are priced by demand.  Summer is HIGH DEMAND.  Book now, because prices will only be higher for 2024 ( fuel, air, daily service charge).  At least you will be locked in.  You can also purchase future cruise credits while on board you upcoming NCL cruise.  You can apply 2 of them ($250 each) to your July 2024 cruise.  If you purchase the future cruise credits while on NCL, they usually have a great promotion where you get about 1/2 of the purchase price back to an onboard credit ( if I remember correctly).

Just remember that's their holiday season and airfare and cruises tend to be more expensive.  Many will also say it's too hot...but I live in the south and love 90's and high humidity so Aug in Barcelona didn't bother me. 🙂 

You can find some really good deals if you can wait until Sept.

• Like 1