Ok where's the free and cheap drinks?

Maplemoose

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I've only found bargains like that a couple times then upgraded to premium mainly for drinks at WCB and the San Pellegrino. I had a stop in Hawaii last year after cruise and took some san pellegrino with me. 😆 

I have a beer taste ( actually kraken )  on a beer budget , 😅

I am lucky , my palate cannot taste the difference between club soda and San Pelegríno 😉

And arent Blue Nun , Black Castle, and Mateus top shelf wines 🤔

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

OP here.....Not a question of affordability, but rather justification. If I have 6 or 7 drinks a day I could not justify the Celebrity package  cost plus tip whereas for a little over $20 with the NCL promo it's a no brainer. Sometimes it's about the ship and entertainment and drinks, sometimes it's about the itinerary and other factors like direct flights. And as always it depends on how much you plan on imbibing. 🍺

Don't forget to add in any bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees, and whatever other NA drinks you might be considering.

And, as pointed out, the AI package often is a great deal if you were already considering getting wifi.  In many cases, it's still a good deal even if you weren't going to get wifi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Don't forget to add in any bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees, and whatever other NA drinks you might be considering.

And, as pointed out, the AI package often is a great deal if you were already considering getting wifi.  In many cases, it's still a good deal even if you weren't going to get wifi.

Right...Bottled waters alone, add up.  Bottom line is, it's all part of the cost of the trip.  I considered the justification thing once, and never again.  BTB Summit for us also, in a few weeks.  See you by the pool bar....

• Like 1

Find this discussion interesting and a bit surprising. 

When we are looking for a cruise - usually about a year +/- out - we call our TA.  She lets us know which cabin categories she has access to group cabins.   Always Verandas and sometimes Aqua and OV.  We choose our cabin.

The fare is the same as listed by X for Verandas for a Sail.Only fare but AI is included.  Aqua has reduced group fare usually about 10-12% lower that at X website.  There are restrictions as you are put into a group.

And yes she answers the phone, handles the problems many winge about in long rants, and provides 8-10% in additional OBC.  Found her after 4 tries.

Guess that means free drinks on every cruise for us.

7 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

How so? Does the cabana include a free flow of alcohol?

We just rented on on the Edge it was not free flowing alcohol but came with a liter of grey goose ,6 beers,4 large Evian water and unlimited sodas/mixers.We paid $150 for 1/2 cabana . We enjoyed and thought it was a good deal since we had no package.We enjoyed and rented again one of the last sea days but exchanged vodka for a bottle of Moët champagne.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I have a beer taste ( actually kraken )  on a beer budget , 😅

I am lucky , my palate cannot taste the difference between club soda and San Pelegríno 😉

And arent Blue Nun , Black Castle, and Mateus top shelf wines 🤔

Well I guess my palate has matured. In my twenties all it tasted was baby duck. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

Just a thought…. You could go without drinking for this cruise.  Again…. Just a thought.  Lol

😆 I don’t drink BUT my husband makes up for it. Drinks package worth every penny to us as all paid up so no worrying about building up a bill. Holidays are not for worrying. Maybe we don’t get value for money but doubt we are far off and really don’t care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

😆 I don’t drink BUT my husband makes up for it. Drinks package worth every penny to us as all paid up so no worrying about building up a bill. Holidays are not for worrying. Maybe we don’t get value for money but doubt we are far off and really don’t care.

So obviously you’re not going to tell him  about the non drinking part.  😂😂

have fun!!! 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 12:13 PM, COREYATMN said:

Well,, the drink package is about $82,  so if the drinks are $14 each, you'd need to have 6 or so a day to break even on the drink package.  I'm trying to choose between just the package or not myself.  The 2 bottles of wine each will cover our sea days pretty much....

Are you counting 'alcoholic' drinks only?

I think you may want to go to X's website to see what is in each of the beverage packages and then you will be in a position to fully calculate how many drinks are needed to 'break even'.... for each package.

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Well then you have lots of money to burn. 

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Are you counting 'alcoholic' drinks only?

I think you may want to go to X's website to see what is in each of the beverage packages and then you will be in a position to fully calculate how many drinks are needed to 'break even'.... for each package.

Cheers and bon voyage

You also need to factor in your time off shore when you're paying for drinks at a local bar in addition to drinks not being consumed onboard.  The cruise lines count on that for the additional revenue they rake in. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

OP here.....Not a question of affordability, but rather justification. If I have 6 or 7 drinks a day I could not justify the Celebrity package  cost plus tip whereas for a little over $20 with the NCL promo it's a no brainer. Sometimes it's about the ship and entertainment and drinks, sometimes it's about the itinerary and other factors like direct flights. And as always it depends on how much you plan on imbibing. 🍺

mm - many of us who have drink packages need no justification to purchase....

We only need to justify, in rare cases, moving up to the PBP and in my case, no justification for that is needed... and I cannot tell anyone if I breakeven or not, the fact that I do not get a bill at the end for our various drink consumption, is my justification...

Cheers and bon voyage 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Agree. We drink and eat a lot more and stay up a lot later in the night than we do at home. Cheers...🍻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

You also need to factor in your time off shore when you're paying for drinks at a local bar in addition to drinks not being consumed onboard.  The cruise lines count on that for the additional revenue they rake in. 

That is why we do TAs 90% of the time 😁

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. We drink and eat a lot more and stay up a lot later in the night than we do at home. Cheers...🍻

dk - no not you!!!   LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2023 at 8:47 AM, TeeRick said:

Ok you are paying for a Celebrity cruise over NCL and you want to drink a lot maybe but for free or a very reduced price?  Why cruise Celebrity?

My thoughts exactly.

X is not a beer and pretzels cruuse!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Well then you have lots of money to burn. 

😂 not at all and frankly not really any of your business but hey ho. We work hard for our money and holidays are important to us so we are far more extravagant than we are at home working on the basis we have earned the right to spoil ourselves. 

• Like 2