The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 29th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

3 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I wonder if you could go to the ER to see if they can see where he is bleeding from?  I would hate for you to get on the ship and not be able to stop the bleeding. Is he on a blood thinner like Plavix? 

Or an urgent care center?

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  With so many appointments this week, it still feels like Monday to me, and I already have to work on next weeks schedule.  It is true that the older I get the faster time goes.  I do realize that ham is full of unhealthy additives (as is turkey) when I buy them at the store, but a precooked ham steak that I can just heat up for dinner, with some pineapple juice using just one pan is just so easy.  We are however having steak, roasted asparagus and left over instant mashed potatoes for dinner.

i_ham_603005.jpg

I think I am the only person in the world who has had no urge to go to Hawaii.  I would,  like @smitty34877, want to see the big surf surfers, but I really want to see the big surf surfers off Portugal.  Do you remember Wide World of Sports that used to show surfing, and cliff diving, and once in a while a car race?  While there are a zillion more channels to watch now if you are willing to pay for them, it seems we actually get to see less interesting and obscure things.

41427-Surfing-cat-selfie.jpg

b004ff7a6a7d81ee568d73e506080c02.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I wonder if you could go to the ER to see if they can see where he is bleeding from?  I would hate for you to get on the ship and not be able to stop the bleeding. Is he on a blood thinner like Plavix? 

No, no blood thinners.  I’m not sure why this is happening.  At least we are back in Fort Lauderdale in five days.  We’ll see how things are then . 

• Like 14

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We try to patronize mom & pop places when we stop for lunch or coffee while we're out shopping.  I'm not into smoke & mirrors; what you see is what you get.  We had the pleasure of seeing 2 manatees beside the Rotterdam when we were in FLL in January - they swam right beside our ship; it was such a delight to see them!

Winter seems having a hard time letting go; right now we're sitting at -27C, but it is expected to warm up during the day to around -10, so it will be bearable.  There's really no putting away the winter coats until late May or June for us.  

Well just a few minutes past 7 this morning we had our first robo-call with a message that I was under investigation.  Idiots.  I always get up early (around 6), head to the computer to see what's happening here, and check in on FB.  I try to take the phone off the hook around 7:30 so that DH can sleep in, as he's a night owl while I'm not.  I didn't think they would start at 7; it must have something to do with the time change.  

Not much happening here today, but I do have to drop off the blankets I made for children going into foster care.  I set a goal of 10 blankets and finished the last one yesterday; a couple of them are 30" x 30" while the others are 35" x 45".  Here's a picture of them draped along our chesterfield.

Blankets.JPG.e0a8266ecadfc6eab2bcec98e8253849.JPG

@seagarsmokerthanks for showing us the inside of your Pinnacle Suite; I know we'll never stay in one (unless I win the lottery), but was happy to see what it looks like.

@RMLincolnI'm glad to hear your DH had a reasonably good night; hopefully things will continue to improve for him.

@luvteachingI hope your DH had a good night as well.

I like today's menu suggestion, especially the pineapple salsa.  I often make mango salsa in the summer, so think the pineapple would make a nice change once in a while.  DH has asked for hamburgers, so that's what we'll be having - burgers, tater tots done in the air fryer, and fresh veggies at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially for the families of the victims of mass shootings, which are becoming all too common.  Cheers to all with celebrations, especially our Daily family members who will be sailing away today!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

I agree with @rafinmd if these nose bleeds are heavy bleeds.  I hadn't had a nose bleed in years until I got the last booster...Wow!  

I wanted you all to know that the prayers for our friend Jesse worked!  His last test showed him cancer free!  However Penny called yesterday and Jesse has developed an infection that has filled his sinus cavities and swelled his face, and the lump is back in his neck.  But this time it's from an infection, not the cancer.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning! March 29 is a special day here in American because it’s Vietnam Veterans Day. There are many ceremonies throughout the country honoring, recognizing and thanking Vietnam Veterans. Special thoughts and prayers for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice and to all who served. For those still struggling with the demons of serving there please seek help. Danang 69-70 and 5 TDY’s after.

Well my Sue returns tonight and it will be wonderful having her back. I miss her.

Ordered a pizza last night 10” with four toppings. $34.00 with tip! Cost of things are unreal. We are fortunate but I worry for those who must be really struggling to make ends meet.

So I slept in maybe cause it was back to cool weather. Fifty-five degrees this morning.

Thanks for the Report and postings. 
Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.93a09510047a185656c21bef68b503c9.jpegimage.jpeg.23d4b28e0c57aaadff96257767a54323.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.241a7692fa9a79f59b2b6b8c5afd88ba.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fcc070cccb6f853812c4ddda57e3202c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d8cc97e9c0747fd61e2d53d7fbc6fef4.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 19

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

No, no blood thinners.  I’m not sure why this is happening.  At least we are back in Fort Lauderdale in five days.  We’ll see how things are then . 

When the air is dry DH sometimes had nosebleeds.  He used Vaseline in his nostrils to keep that area moist and it seems to have helped.  He says Vicks Vaporub is also an option and that helps keep his sinuses clear at the same time.

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I think I am the only person in the world who has had no urge to go to Hawaii.  I would,  like @smitty34877, want to see the big surf surfers, but I really want to see the big surf surfers off Portugal.  Do you remember Wide World of Sports that used to show surfing, and cliff diving, and once in a while a car race?  While there are a zillion more channels to watch now if you are willing to pay for them, it seems we actually get to see less interesting and obscure things.

I agree with smitty, it is a really engaging series with personal stories into the fantastic surfing. 

@Cruznsingle, @Vict0riannand @sailingdutchy  Bon Voyage!   

image.jpeg.1425f87150f837046b34df21c94eddab.jpeg

Third doctor's appointment in three days.    Not much time to get caught up.   My late husband's business in Baltimore was a Mom & Pop janitor supply business that grew into a large family business.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report Sandi.    The cocktail is a pass but the ham recipes look lovely.   @cat shepard you sure at put through your paces finding those obscure wines for us!   Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine.    Have a wonderful day!   Nancy 

• Like 20

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 stay in Cape Town when I spent a few days between the Crystal Serenity and MS Amsterdam to Fort Lauderdale.  On March 29 I walked to the end of the jetty for the sunrise..

dawn0329.jpg

Roy

• Like 25

Good morning!  Just waiting for my shuttle time to head to the Port.  The saga of the Holiday Inn Express continues.  Now I have an email to do a “digital” checkout!!  Manager who called me yesterday isn’t in till after 10.  So, that must be handled yet this morning.  

My prayers for all those in need.  Wish all cares and illnesses were gone so others could be joining cruises. Hooray for all celebrating.  I will be thinking of all while on the Rotterdam.  

My oldest Dstepson will be having his kidney removal on April 11.  It is anticipated surgery will be about 3 hours which won’t be as hard on him as the 6 hour surgery for the removal of his adrenal gland.  I pray that all of his cancer will be a thing of the past.

Have a great day, everyone!

Mary Kay

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

A couple of months ago when he had a really bad nosebleed and I took him to emergency, they wouldn’t cauterize, just said use Vaseline regularly, and he does, but I think he put it in his suitcase so has gone without for a few days - naughty!

the Holiday Inn has been very nice, and only charged us for the one night.  

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 19

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Sandi.

Good collection of days - I happily patronize Mom and Pop owners here and manatees are fantastic.  I hate people that try to cover up with smoke and mirrors talk, though.

LOL on the quote.  We enjoyed our time in Honolulu pre-cruise.  A group of us from the roll call went to the Chief’s Luau and it was fabulous.  That wine sounds lovely @cat shepardI find a lot of Australian chardonnays much nicer and different than North American ones 👍 

52A7549C-BFB5-40D1-BF95-0F213C3EB056.thumb.jpeg.d88eab3f20b56c7e076256a1225dd75b.jpeg

@Vict0riann I hope Pat’s nosebleeds resolve quickly 🙏🏻 

@RMLincolnglad to hear that you both made it through the night 👍 Good luck with your DH’s follow up appointment today.  Hopefully now the prescription will be available 🤞

@ger_77The blankets you made for the children going into foster care are gorgeous!  How very kind of you ♥️

@marshhawkI am so glad to hear the good report for your friend, Jesse.

@Vict0riann & @sailingdutchyBon Voyage!!  Have a wonderful time!

0E03335B-B11F-4D73-B0ED-A21303F78C64.jpeg.e93579d0de23d1b9d5ef2a6841e6843d.jpeg

Sunset on the beautiful Kennebecasis River

41D25944-B856-4920-94F5-8010BF51C9D2.jpeg.aed77d07291dbeb855a20d918df93add.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, the shooting victims & families and those that need them.  And a bit toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

4BC074CB-F0AC-4A13-BD94-C31F39CD5D05.jpeg.25632ddeb7a3aeefafad7400cb8810d5.jpeg

Have a great Wednesday everyone !!!!!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

Good Morning, thanks for the daily fleet report. @dfish thanks for the pictures and recipes. I like to bake my ham with pineapple but haven’t done that in awhile, the salsa looks like an interesting alternative. @ger_77 the blankets look very nice and I’m sure will be much appreciated.  It’s a nice sunny day today but a storm is coming with threats of snow, shouldn’t be much.  Last weekend I took the shovel out of the car.

image.thumb.png.13bde3b57a110acfb7bd9f797e11a6c3.png

image.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Ann, some antibiotics will cause nosebleeds. If he’s on antibiotics you could call the pharmacy to check if this is a common side effect. An urgent care center could arrange for an alternative. I know it’s early morning at your home but there is  support where you are. 
During a nose bleed, have him lean forward. Apply ice pack to bridge of nose. Apply light pressure (pinch only lightly) at distal end (lower end) of nose’s hard cartilage. Breathe!  Both of you!  
m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a wet and cold central Texas.  We finally got some much needed rain.  When I checked earlier we'd gotten 1/10 of an inch, but they are predicting more off and on for the next several days.  It is currently 48F and will warm into the mid to upper sixties this afternoon.

I like to shop at mom and pop business, but there are not many in our area.  I'm not fond of smoke and mirrors.  Once on the way back from Disney World before the DDs were in high school, we stopped at Manatee Springs State Park to see the manatees.  The are such interesting animals, and they deserve all our efforts to save them.

I can agree totally with today's quote.  😉

We'll pass on the meal, drink and they wine.

We have been to Hawaii many times since our first visit in 1997.  I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

@lvhh  Glad your new refrigerator will be here later this week.

@seagarsmoker  Thank you for showing us the Pinnacle Suite.  That is probably as close to seeing one in person as we'll ever get.  I don't know what we'd do with all that room.

@cat shepard  Great memes today, Ann.

@smitty34877  Terry, your cousin is an angel to help with getting your DH to his appointments after working all night in what must be a stressful job these days.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I know you will be busy when you get home, but I bet you'll both be glad to get his surgery done sooner.  I'm sorry he is having nosebleeds, and I hope they stop soon.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I'm glad your DH did well last night, and I hope the follow-up appointment goes well.

@superomaEva, an early HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY to your grandson.

@ger_77  Gerry, nice work on the pretty blankets.  I know the kids going into foster care will love having something of their very own to take with them.

@marshhawk  Annie, that is great news about your friend Jesse being cancer free.  I hope they get the infection under control and then cleared up very soon.  He and Penny have been through enough recently.

@aliaschief  Bruce, wishing your DW safe travels home today.  Loved the memes, but now I can't get that song out of my head.  🤣

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Good morning!  Just waiting for my shuttle time to head to the Port.  The saga of the Holiday Inn Express continues.  Now I have an email to do a “digital” checkout!!  Manager who called me yesterday isn’t in till after 10.  So, that must be handled yet this morning.  

My prayers for all those in need.  Wish all cares and illnesses were gone so others could be joining cruises. Hooray for all celebrating.  I will be thinking of all while on the Rotterdam.  

My oldest Dstepson will be having his kidney removal on April 11.  It is anticipated surgery will be about 3 hours which won’t be as hard on him as the 6 hour surgery for the removal of his adrenal gland.  I pray that all of his cancer will be a thing of the past.

Have a great day, everyone!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, sending best wishes and positive thoughts to your Dstepson on his up coming surgery.  I hope that soon the cancer will be behind him.  

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

A couple of months ago when he had a really bad nosebleed and I took him to emergency, they wouldn’t cauterize, just said use Vaseline regularly, and he does, but I think he put it in his suitcase so has gone without for a few days - naughty!

Ann, I like Roy's @rafinmd suggestion to get more backup Vaseline just in case.

Lenda 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1