Solarium Pool Use for Kids in Alaska

eyeeye

There was a whole thread on this topic recently.  See below.  In general, some Celebrity ships have posted certain hours where kids are allowed.  But in general it is not popular with most adult cruisers using the area.  Once on board, check with Guest Relations for your specific cruise.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2922972-solarium-adults-only-not-so-much-😐/

• Like 3

Just FYI, Alaska does not necessarily mean cold. The two years I did cruises there, we were in shorts and t-shirts it was so warm. Even the year on HAL when they did the "Polar Bear Plunge" which was just jumping in the pool on Glacier Bay Day, it was NOT that cold.

The Disney Wonder sold out of their swimsuits a few years ago it was so warm and no one had packed for it.

Just saying, watch the weather as you get closer. The overall cruise may not be nearly as cold as you think.

• Like 2

The solarium pool is more of a relaxing. There are rollers on the side to lay and relax on and warm water spouts to make you relax. I do believe they have the daily time for families from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. It is a swallow pool with the water a little over waist deep.

1 hour ago, JLMcruise said:

The solarium pool is more of a relaxing. There are rollers on the side to lay and relax on and warm water spouts to make you relax. I do believe they have the daily time for families from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. It is a swallow pool with the water a little over waist deep.

The rollers are only on M class ships, the OP is sailing Solstice which doesn’t have a T-pool, just a regular pool in the solarium. 

31 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

The rollers are only on M class ships, the OP is sailing Solstice which doesn’t have a T-pool, just a regular pool in the solarium. 

I  stand corrected. You are right! Was on both the M class (Alaska) and S class this past year. Sailing on the Millie is a couple of weeks and looking forward to the solarium pool.

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just FYI, Alaska does not necessarily mean cold. The two years I did cruises there, we were in shorts and t-shirts it was so warm. Even the year on HAL when they did the "Polar Bear Plunge" which was just jumping in the pool on Glacier Bay Day, it was NOT that cold.

The Disney Wonder sold out of their swimsuits a few years ago it was so warm and no one had packed for it.

Just saying, watch the weather as you get closer. The overall cruise may not be nearly as cold as you think.

Yes so true!  We went last in July and it was very warm the entire trip!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing out of Athens next March and I am hoping my older children (10-14) will be able to swim in Solarium as it will be chillier that time of year. They are better behaved and quieter than many adults. I understand that toddlers or loud/boisterous children would be a problem, but my kids love to sit and read and listen to music and it would be a nice spot. I saw a lot of children on our Edge med cruise last summer in the solarium, I wasn't even aware it was adult only!!?!?

3 hours ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

We are sailing out of Athens next March and I am hoping my older children (10-14) will be able to swim in Solarium as it will be chillier that time of year. They are better behaved and quieter than many adults. I understand that toddlers or loud/boisterous children would be a problem, but my kids love to sit and read and listen to music and it would be a nice spot. I saw a lot of children on our Edge med cruise last summer in the solarium, I wasn't even aware it was adult only!!?!?

I understand your concern.  There are specific hours for your family.  Other cruisers may not be happy if your kids are occupying loungers when there are no others available to an adult - just a thought.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

Watch for the Family Time hours.  Probably 4-6 pm.  Otherwise the pool is for adults only.

• Like 1

Family time is posted.   Your children could be the perfect ones, but the company  has to draw the line.      FYI.  We have been told the kids club is excellent.  We were on a cruise and spoke with some parents that said their children were having the best time in the clubs and didnt want to leave

8 hours ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

Do rules only apply to other people?  I hope they use their AirPods when listening to music.

• Like 1