How do I make sure my stateroom on Beyond has the right furniture arrangement?

BuckeyeMark

We're headed out on the Beyond in 2024 (first time on an Edge class ship - really excited!) and we think the bed by the closet/bathroom is a much better arrangement than the bed over by the Infinite Veranda.  That's just personal preference but it looks better to us so that is the kind of cabin we want. So how do we get that furniture arrangement?  If you go to book, the cabin pictures and gallery views show rooms set up either way - no matter what class of cabin you choose! 

Ideas?  I don't think we could ask the steward to move the bed so we need to get this right when we book. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

We're headed out on the Beyond in 2024 (first time on an Edge class ship - really excited!) and we think the bed by the closet/bathroom is a much better arrangement than the bed over by the Infinite Veranda.  That's just personal preference but it looks better to us so that is the kind of cabin we want. So how do we get that furniture arrangement?  If you go to book, the cabin pictures and gallery views show rooms set up either way - no matter what class of cabin you choose! 

Ideas?  I don't think we could ask the steward to move the bed so we need to get this right when we book. Thank you.

Of course you can't move the beds - why on earth would you ever think you can?

You have to look at the deck plans to determine where the bed placement is. Look at the deck plans on Celebrity's website. Look at each cabin and the walls. Where you see a slight indent is where the bed is going to be. If the indent is closer to the window, then the bed will be by the window. If the indented line of the cabin wall is closer to the middle of the room, then the bed will be near the bathroom. As you can see the deck plans don't draw in the cabin bathroom, which is why the indent seems to be in the middle, but that's because the bathroom is supposed to be right by the entrance. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 5

What's you stateroom number and I can look for you. I am sure others will explain better than me but if the bump in the room on the diagram is towards the end by IV that's where the beds are placed. Since you want them near the bathrooms you'll want the opposite. 

patty 

@BuckeyeMark You are correcrt.  You need to make sure that you book a room with the  configuration you want.  They do not re-arrange the location of the beds in staterooms, just whether the beds are together (single bed) or separate (two beds).   IIRC you need to pick one of the infinite veranda's with the square block in the room.  This indicates that there is occupancy for a third passenger and those are always with the beds by the bathroom and the couch by the window. 

image.png.ec450febe1ff0d5669b7bad58f7e716e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@BuckeyeMark You are correcrt.  You need to make sure that you book a room with the  configuration you want.  They do not re-arrange the location of the beds in staterooms, just whether the beds are together (single bed) or separate (two beds).   IIRC you need to pick one of the infinite veranda's with the square block in the room.  This indicates that there is occupancy for a third passenger and those are always with the beds by the bathroom and the couch by the window. 

That's not the best indicator of bed placement in all rooms .Not all rooms have a square that have bed placement by the bathroom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Here on Deck 8 on the Beyond there are many cabins with their beds by the bathroom that don't have a little square. But those cabins DO have that indent in the cabin walls in the middle. That's the most accurate way to determine bed placement o E-class ships.

Screenshot_20230404-123845.png

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's not the best indicator of bed placement in all rooms .Not all rooms have a square that have bed placement by the bathroom.

I am just casually reading this thread, but I still want to make sure that I am reading this right:

If there is a square block in the room, then the bed is by the bathroom. (If I am in Indiana, then I am in the USA).

However if the bed is by the bathroom, it is not true that it will always be marked by a square block.  (If I am in the USA, then it doesn't necessarily mean I am in Indiana).

So one can still play it safe and choose a cabin with a square block in it and be assured that the bed is by the bathroom.  Correct?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Here on Deck 8 on the Beyond there are many cabins with their beds by the bathroom that don't have a little square. But those cabins DO have that indent in the cabin walls in the middle. That's the most accurate way to determine bed placement o E-class ships.

Screenshot_20230404-123845.png

This is very helpful. So in the deck plan above cabin 8300 and 8302 and 8304 would have the bed by the veranda.  Cabins 8277 and 8275 would have the bed by the bathroom. Am I correct?

21 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

This is very helpful. So in the deck plan above cabin 8300 and 8302 and 8304 would have the bed by the veranda.  Cabins 8277 and 8275 would have the bed by the bathroom. Am I correct?

No I think you;re looking at it backwards. The indent is where the bed goes since it allows for enough room for the bed and space to walk by at the foot of the bed. Generally the cabins alternate and fit together like a puzzle. So #'s 8300,8304,and 8277 have the bed by the Veranda while #'s 8302 & 8275 have the bed by the bathroom since the indent is closer to the middle of the cabin the the deck plan. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I am just casually reading this thread, but I still want to make sure that I am reading this right:

If there is a square block in the room, then the bed is by the bathroom. (If I am in Indiana, then I am in the USA).

However if the bed is by the bathroom, it is not true that it will always be marked by a square block.  (If I am in the USA, then it doesn't necessarily mean I am in Indiana).

So one can still play it safe and choose a cabin with a square block in it and be assured that the bed is by the bathroom.  Correct?

Yes, you're understanding the thread correctly. Always have the third bed/sofa by the window allows for more space, which means the main beds will always be by the bathroom in the front.

Edited by kwokpot

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

No I think you;re looking at it backwards. The indent is where the bed goes since it allows for enough room for the bed and space to walk by at the foot of the bed. Generally the cabins alternate and fit together like a puzzle. So #'s 8300,8304,and 8277 have the bed by the Veranda while #'s 8302 & 8275 have the bed by the bathroom since the indent is closer to the middle of the cabin the the deck plan. 

Ah - that makes sense.  By "indent" I was thinking of the protrusion INTO the room but of course you can't put a bed there.  No room.  So the bed goes in the widest part of the room to make space to get by at the foot of the bed.  Correct?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Ah - that makes sense.  By "indent" I was thinking of the protrusion INTO the room but of course you can't put a bed there.  No room.  So the bed goes in the widest part of the room to make space to get by at the foot of the bed.  Correct?

You got it!

Edit: This type of cabin design allows the ship to hold more cabins since each cabin is narrower for 2/3 of the cabin and a recess in the remaining third to have enough space for the bed. I think cruiselines are rethinking this design since NCL's newest Prima Class Ships no longer have this indent and the cabins are back to the old design with a full rectangular cabin shape. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

Also you can count forward or backwards from cabins that have the square, although that gets a bit tricky with AQ cabins since those don' sleep more than two.

We prefer bed by bath and were lucky enough to snag the only DPV available on Deck 8 forward on our recently booked Edge cruise.

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Also you can count forward or backwards from cabins that have the square, although that gets a bit tricky with AQ cabins since those don' sleep more than two.

We prefer bed by bath and were lucky enough to snag the only DPV available on Deck 8 forward on our recently booked Edge cruise.

Looking at the walls of each cabin to see where the recess is located is easier and 100% accurate. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

The cabins are modules of 2. Each module has a cabin with the bed by the bath and one with the bed by the  veranda.  They alternate; by bath, by veranda, by bath, by veranda, etc.

if you start counting from a cabin with a square, which is bed by bath, then the next cabin will have bed by veranda, bath, veranda.  As mentioned, not all cabins with the bed by the bath have a square as not all accommodate 3/4. 

• Like 1

Not familiar with Reflection / changes...

We are trying ti get the plans for Ascent,,.

On EDGE we had the bed by the bifold doors which we kept open to make the narrow room a bit bigger..DH had to use part of the IV when getting out of the bed.

Having the  bed by bath will give a  more  spacious seating area...esp if bifolds are kept open...

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

On EDGE we had the bed by the bifold doors which we kept open to make the narrow room a bit bigger..DH had to use part of the IV when getting out of the bed.

Having the  bed by bath will give a  more  spacious seating area...esp if bifolds are kept open...

I was pointing out the new drawings of the deck plan do not show the bumps out for the bed 

4 hours ago, hcat said:

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Ascent

Again, look for the rooms with the square box.  

If the box is filled in, then it has a convertible sofa and the bed will always be by the bathroom. 

DaKahuna

Thanks for the very clear deck plans .Our IV AQ  cabin has no black box shown but diagram shows the bump in for the bed close to the bath, .That would be great..close to the bathroom and a more open feel in the narrow stateroom.

From a past cruise on EDGE, the  IV  had the low to the ground "divan" style couch.

• Like 1

Look. On the good deck plans. You can tell where the bed is by where the notch is. The notch is where the beds go and every other cabin has the notch next to the veranda and the others close to the closet.  Go together like a puzzle. 

8 hours ago, volk904 said:

Look. On the good deck plans. You can tell where the bed is by where the notch is. The notch is where the beds go and every other cabin has the notch next to the veranda and the others close to the closet.  Go together like a puzzle. 

That method has already been mentioned several times earlier on this thread.