Lobster mac n cheese - Taste of USA

Has anyone had this and did you like it. I'm on radiance and they are trying out new to them menus the waiters say they cant wait to try. They are trying for new menus on cruises longer than 7 days rather than repeat days our waiter told us last night.

Worth trying or should I do the WJ? I keep reading people on cc especially seem to not like the food. I liked all but italian night ok. Tonight USA. 

20230404_131718.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I have a eight night cruise on the Anthem the end of the month. Maybe I'll see it then?

This is night 9 menu on radiance so idk. Night 8 was lobster night. I got a nice sized lobster surprisingly. I'm not a big pasta fan but love lobster.  Hard choice to go tonight or not. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

This is night 9 menu on radiance so idk. Night 8 was lobster night. I got a nice sized lobster surprisingly. I'm not a big pasta fan but love lobster.  Hard choice to go tonight or not. 

Any idea if Its safe to assume we should see the same day 8 & 9 menus on our 9 nighter in May?

Haven't tried the new menus yet but everything looks good except Lobster Mac N Cheese. The closest I get to mixing anything with lobster is a baked stuffed. Can't imagine dunking it in cheese. As a Nor' Easterner it seems sacrilege.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blondie from arizona said:

It is good but small. There were 3 pieces of lobster in each of our servings. We also ordered the salmon and split it. That was very good!!!!  You will leave hungry if you only order the lobster mac.

I don’t think mine had pieces of lobster. …

13 hours ago, keishashadow said:

Any idea if Its safe to assume we should see the same day 8 & 9 menus on our 9 nighter in May?

No. I did an 11 night last week. I am doing a 10 night in a few weeks (same ship). Based on my pre-boarding research, the 10 night has them in a completely different order. I think things are random right now.  The dining room is a mess!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

This is the MDR. It's going to be basic mac n' cheese with a few tiny little globules of lobster. Blindfolded you'd probably not even know it's in there. 

Yes. Just little pieces that you would miss if you weren't looking. We are coming back for another cruise shortly on the same ship. So, we wanted to know if it was going to be an item to reorder.

Also, we did not put the salmon in the mac&cheese. We ate it separately. 

1 hour ago, blondie from arizona said:

No. I did an 11 night last week. I am doing a 10 night in a few weeks (same ship). Based on my pre-boarding research, the 10 night has them in a completely different order. I think things are random right now.  The dining room is a mess!

Tonight is Mediterranean menu. If it's not common I can post it.

Seems random to me but at least they arent repeating as someone told me they would be. So just cant predict. Mediterranean steak tonight.

• Like 1

Lucky you!  

Thanks for the info

On the 11 night Vision it was Welcome Aboard, French, Italian, Mexican, Asian, Caribbean, British, Mediterranean, American, Royal, Bon Voyage.

Similar to what we had on our 12 dayer on Enchantment on 3/23. We had Italian on the second night and French on the third (and I think it was formal night). Italian was the only one night that repeated later.

On 4/5/2023 at 8:14 AM, firefly333 said:

Tonight is Mediterranean menu. If it's not common I can post it.

Seems random to me but at least they arent repeating as someone told me they would be. So just cant predict. Mediterranean steak tonight.

I was on the 10 night Radiance 1/30/2023 cruise and Italian night was repeated.  We went to Sambas grill for one of those nights, so we did not duplicate, but wanted to try the new menus to see what we thought.  They did not have an Asian or US night at that time, but the new menu’s were just coming out, so they maybe did not have more in place at the time.  I am happy to hear they have added menus as I have an 11 & 13 night cruise in the future and was just going to go to windjammer on any I did not want to repeat or did didn’t care for.