Fresh flowers

808cruisers

10 minutes ago, pathi said:

I was going to suggest ordering flowers from the gifts menu. But I just looked and don't see flower choices anywhere now?

people have posted you can order once on board the ship

• Like 1

I asked our TA about flowers and she was able to order them for me and they were waiting in our cabin on our Christmas cruise.  I hope they get back to where they can be ordered using the gift menu....

• Like 1

I always bring my own flowers onboard.  I pick them up at the local market which has them a lot cheaper than buying them onboard. 

Correct that you cannot take them off the ship.  Not even a bride's bouquet from a wedding onboard.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, 808cruisers said:

Can I bring fresh bouquet on board? 

No. There is too much concern about spreading "pests". Save your money! You can order, but I'm pretty sure you can't bring flowers with you when you board ship(except fake)

Edited by rbtan
additions

If you are cruising out of Seattle, Washington get flowers from Pike Place Market. They are fresh, gorgeous, & super reasonable. You will need a vase. 

Yes, you can bring flowers on board.

Edited by Katjoy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Katjoy said:

If you are cruising out of Seattle, Washington get flowers from Pike Place Market. They are fresh, gorgeous, & super reasonable. You will need a vase. 

Yes they have the best flowers. 

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

No. There is too much concern about spreading "pests". Save your money! You can order, but I'm pretty sure you can't bring flowers with you when you board ship(except fake)

Nothing about flowers in Princess' list of prohibited items:  https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/pre-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/?accordion=prohibited-items

The concern about pests prevents you from taking flowers (or any other agricultural products) off the ship in any port,  including the homeport in which you originally brought them aboard the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbtan said:

Where did you get your information from? 

This is false. You can bring your own flowers onboard. 

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Carting one of these on20230412_131829.thumb.jpg.0f7fbb46948103ea1c1e22b38c3b95a9.jpg

Where are these from?  I’m in San Francisco & don’t know if their is anything like this here. 

Tom🤔

Edited by trbarton

11 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Where are these from?  I’m in San Francisco & don’t know if their is anything like this here. 

Tom🤔

Safeway until 4/23/23 but you have to download app first. Bought the ones on the left as I'm not crazy about roses. These stores only have the ones on the rightScreenshot_20230414-192152_Safeway.thumb.jpg.115310dd8815e9a59eef8d1bf3cb0c02.jpg

Edited by Ombud

4 hours ago, rbtan said:

Yes,you can bring fresh flowers onboard. I have many times in San Pedro,CA.

You can not take flowers off the ship. You can not have a flower shop deliver to the ship either,we’ll unless you meet the flower delivery person off the ship.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Yes, you can bring fresh flowers onboard. I have many times in San Pedro,CA.

You can not take flowers off the ship. You can not have a flower shop deliver to the ship either,we’ll unless you meet the flower delivery person off the ship.

I didn't know a florist couldn't deliver but then I guess there's no one on the dock to accept. Will buy onboard in San Pedro as I'm flying in that morning 

43 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I didn't know a florist couldn't deliver but then I guess there's no one on the dock to accept. Will buy onboard in San Pedro as I'm flying in that morning 

I only know that Flowers could not be delivered to the ship and or state room because they were turned away when it happened to me. My family lives in Southern California so when I cruise we always go to the store and buy some flowers so that we can have them for the week in our cabin. Just makes it very cheery and very easy to do. I’ve never done it when we cruise out of Florida, we never have enough time to purchase the flowers and no transportation ,it would just be too much of a bother. 

We have also ordered the flowers on board ,very nice arrangement as well .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ombud said:

Safeway until 4/23/23 but you have to download app first. Bought the ones on the left as I'm not crazy about roses. These stores only have the ones on the rightScreenshot_20230414-192152_Safeway.thumb.jpg.115310dd8815e9a59eef8d1bf3cb0c02.jpg

Thank you very much. 

Tom😀

23 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

You can not have a flower shop deliver to the ship either,we’ll unless you meet the flower delivery person off the ship.

Have done this before too.  But, I believe it was on HAL.  It was a shop in Juneau.  Oh, I didn't have to meet the delivery person.  Someone from Guest Services brought them to the room.

Edited by KreinKrunker
  • Like 1