The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 8th, 2023

Today is All is Ours Day, Draw a Picture of a Bird Day, and Zoo Lover's Day

Holy Saturday

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. -- Abraham Lincoln

Meal Suggestion for today - Sesame Noodles
Drink of the Day - Sauza Watermelon Margarita
Wine of the Day - DeLille D2 Columbia Valley 2019
Destination of the Day - Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale eta 4-09

Koningsdam

Dry Dock Vigor Ship Yard until 4/12

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 0800-1500

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 4-10

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Plymouth, England eta 4-16

Volendam

St Georges, Grenada 0800-1600

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Huatulco, La Crucecita, Mexico Riviera eta 4-09

Zuiderdam

Malaga, Spain Granada 08:00 - 18:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Noumea, New Caledonia eta 4-11

Westerdam

Shimizu, Japan 11:00-20:00

image.thumb.png.fdf7df4197674fd1de36b846d59a6e34.png

image.thumb.png.b356961babda7f15f4bda08d7c4ea6f0.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

Today’s Care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Tupper10 recovering from back surgery

Cruising-along and DH testing positive for Covid

Luvteaching’s DH in the hospital

Everyone affected by storms and tornados

Nashville school shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Jacqui with post-surgery elbow issues

Tana’s pulmonary issues

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Summer slope’s friend with a brain injury

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Passover to those who celebrate

Happy Birthday StLouisCruisers (Sandi)!

Happy Anniversary Overhead Fred and Mitzi!

AncientWanderer feeling better

Tupper10’s new baby granddaughter!

Ger_77 trip to visit family

Luvteaching’s DH showing slow improvement

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

1 Day for aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam 4/9 to 4/28)

7 Days for Sharon in AZ (Volendam 4/15 to 5/17)

7 Days for AV8rix (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

7 Days for TiogaCruiser (Volendam 4/15 to 5/2)

Mister 67 (Celebrity Reflection to 4/9), GTVCRUISER (Norwegian Jewel to 4/9). Cruzn Single (Rotterdam to 4/19), Vict0riann (Rotterdam to 4/19) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for our 

Holy Saturday daily reports information.

3 interesting days and an excellent Quote.

I will give the food and drink a miss.

Prayers 🙏 extended to everyone who is unwell.

Best wishes for enjoyable cruising to those currently or due to cruise.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230408_100750.jpg

Screenshot_20230408_102356.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends on this Holy Saturday!  It is going to be a not-so-nice weather day here.  The temp is only 46 which is 20 degrees less than yesterday's low temp.  We have a 100% chance of rain, sometimes heavy, and will rise to only 51 degrees.  🌧️

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily information.  Hope Malaga is having a beautiful day for your visit there. Today is All is Ours Day where we should appreciate all the beauty of nature around us.  Won't be an easy task here today.  Second is Draw a Picture of a Bird Day.🐦  I could try but I'm not an artist.  Still it would be recognizable.  How about Zoo Lovers Day?  I very much enjoy visiting zoos and I'm sure a lot of you do, too.  Love the quote by Abraham Lincoln.  Sesame noodles might be a good idea for a menu suggestion and shouldn't be too hard to make.  The margarita sounds interesting and I can't detect what type of wine today's selection is.  I'm sure Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard will help us figure it all out!  Thanks to our friend Vanessa @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration lists she posts in Roy's @rafinmd's place.  Great job of noting our sorrows and celebrations!

Happy Anniversary to Fred and Mitzi @Overhead Fred.  I think we have another anniversary, don't we?  I may be mistaken but didn't Gerry @ger_77 have an anniversary today, too?  If I'm a day off I'll just be early!  For me, let me say Happy Birthday to my Twin! 🎂  She was born at 11:59 pm and almost made it to Easter morning!  Either she just barely made it onto April 8 or the nursing staff/doctor filled out the paperwork intentionally so we would have the same birthdate. 😉

Today we will say prayers for our friends and family on the Care list and hope for better days for all of them.  Also to the many around the world still suffering.  🙏  For those on the Celebrations list we send our good wishes and congratulations.  Hope all on a cruise ship are enjoying their wonderful adventures.  🥂🚢

Our port today is Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana (or Dominican Republic).  I am not sure but that could be a more recent destination developed by a cruise line and I have not been there before.  We had that port last on January 3, 2023 and earlier on April 18, 2022.  Here are the links to those dates for your convenience in copying and pasting photos for us.  Thank you in advance for all who do.

Sad news about FC Dallas losing yesterday but they did a great job anyway.  Ren should be proud of all his goals and assists.  He was next up on the list to try a penalty kick and I'm sure he would have made it.  Just a little shift in the order of kickers and we may have had another outcome.  Yes penalty kicks hardly seem a fair way to decide the outcome, especially since they don't do overtime periods at the Dallas Cup.  Those are the rules and we must abide by them.  

For my Twin and I a photo of us (a very bad photo but oh well!) when we were babes.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJdMqblIwDurSPQ2t6srTCCVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1652015632

I was the tiny one so I might be in Mom's right arm.  Later I will look for a better photo.  DH is asleep and the photos are in the bedroom.  

Hope everyone here has a Stellar Saturday!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, a very Happy Birthday to you and your twin.Enjoy your special day.

@aliaschief, Bruce, safe travels and Bon Voyage to you and DW.

@Overhead Fred, Happy Anniversary to you and Mitzi !

I will celebrate Zoo Lovers Day but will not draw a picture of a bird.We have not been to the port but have made the recipe many times. It is always popular here.

We are cautiously optimistic that the new aide will be with us for a while at least. She jumped right in and had to manage a difficult situation on her own yesterday while DH and I were out at one of the endless appointments. Tana told me later she was very calm and notified the Hospice nurse right away, The nurse will come back today and do a recheck.

It is presently only 37 here but promises to be 50 later. Enjoy the day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A cold clear morning here, lots of frost on the roofs.  Bertie and I will head out for a walk soon.

A nice collection of days, thanks for the information Graham @grapau27,

A good quote.

I'm sure the meal will be wonderful, looking forward to seeing recipes.

I'd like the drink, hope the wine is good too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for getting us started, Sandi! Rich, thank you for pulling the info together for us! A lovely pink tint to the sky, we are supposed to get rain tomorrow. 🤞🏻

Vanessa, thank you for keeping track of our Cares & Celebrations! @Overhead Fred

Fred & Mitzi - Happy Anniversary!

@smitty34877 Terry, praying that the new aide stays with you and Tana. 

A quick trip to the gym, the local nursery and then my landscape folk come to plant my new plants. I might still have a few gaps left, but they will be easier to find once the new plants are in the ground. 

8293226B-B5EB-46C6-994D-0AC1BA535487.jpeg.1924ef445a192feb75c7d676d7154739.jpeg

A23C293A-987B-4DA5-9DBA-CD17E7DCC563.jpeg.e601b34729e652be693fa7697bc2e641.jpeg

Orayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

DeLille D2 Columbia Valley 2019

This red blend sounds amazing! This well known winemaker has created a wine that both consumers and critics love! Lots of excellent reviews & this wine has come into its own in 2023. Available from numerous online distributors with prices starting at $37.98.

Winemaker Notes

#30 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

The 2019 D2 aromas dance effortlessly between savory and dried fruit characteristics. Cranberries, roasted coffee beans, cassis and burnt orange are highlighted by deep, rich barrel tones of nutmeg, vanilla bean, dark chocolate and clove. As the wine develops in the glass, the fruit profile shifts between red and dark fruits, a trademark of D2 that we love. An inviting freshness and pronounced herbal quality on the palate leads to a structure that is refined despite the wine's youth. Cellar for 15+ years.

Blend: 60% Merlot, 34% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot

JD94 Jeb Dunnuck
The 2019 D2 (60% Merlot, 34% Cabernet Sauvignon, and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot) is terrific, with a ruby/purple hue as well as gorgeous cassis and black cherry fruits, notes of spicy, dried herbs, and lead pencil, medium to full body, and a pure, balanced, undeniably delicious profile. It's going to keep for 15-20 years and is one heck of a wine. Best After 2022.
WS94 Wine Spectator

Polish meets structure in this red, which offers well-defined black cherry, toasty spice and bay leaf accents as this slowly unfurls toward fine-grained tannins. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Drink now

V93 Vinous

Masses of crushed wild blueberries, tart cherry, sage nuances and a hint of spiced citrus rinds waft up from the 2019 D2. This is elegant and silky in feel, with peppery-tinged red and blue fruits underscored by saline-mineral tones that add a lovely tactile feel toward the close. It tapers off structured and concentrated, and yet it maintains a fantastically fresh persona. Frankly, it's amazing to think that the D2 is the "entry-level" Bordeaux blend from DeLille Cellars. The 2019 is a Merlot-heavy blend rounded out with 34% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot.

WE91 Wine Enthusiast
Merlot comprises 60% of this wine and Cabernet Sauvignon 34%, with the rest bits of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. The aromas pull you into the glass, with notes of plum, raspberry, chocolate, vanilla and spice. The flavors are reserved and creamy feeling, delivering on all that promise.
JS91 James Suckling
Aromas of ripe red cherry, red licorice, dried sage and suede. Full-bodied with firm tannins. Wet-mineral character mixes with bright red fruit. Ripe raspberries, cherries and sweet paprika. Toasted finish. 67% merlot, 28% cabernet sauvignon, 3% cabernet franc and 2% petit verdot. Best after 2023.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

Good morning and blessings to all.  Prayers for those who are dealing with health issues.

It will be a busy day getting ready for the holiday dinner tomorrow.  I will be going with my brother in law to pick up the catering and foods to prepare appetizers and desserts.  Weather is iffy — only 51 degrees and cloudy.  But 80 degrees by the end of the week.  Such is spring.

Last night’s church service was very interesting.  Scripture readings pertaining to the last days of Christ and his disciples while the lights in the church were continually lowered until it was almost completely dark.  Singing the last hymn in the dark was a bit difficult.  I know tomorrow’s service will be much more uplifting!

Twin sister Karen has received a free cruise offer for Anthem of the Seas and has invited me to go with her on 4/23.  I really didn’t plan on going on another trip

so quickly but it was an offer I couldn’t refuse.  My son and daughter will alternate days staying with their Dad.  My kids are great.

Have a great weekend and safe travels to all visiting family.  Katherine 

• Like 27

Happy Birthday Sandi.

Sauza Watermelon Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
4 parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
2 parts JDK & Sons™ O3 Premium Orange Liqueur
3 cups, chilled, seeded and cut into pieces Watermelon
1/2 cup freshly squeezed Lime Juice
1 cup Ice
Lime or Watermelon Wedge

Instructions
Serves 4. Freeze cubed watermelon in a plastic bag for a minimum of 2 hours. Add all ingredients to a blender, puree until smooth. Serve in glasses rimmed with salt and garnished with a lime or watermelon wedge.

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 7.31.15 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 7

Good morning from a cool, 53F, central Texas.  This may be the last cool day, as the temperatures are supposed to start warming for the coming week.  It's still dark, but I suspect it is cloudy and likely windy.

I will celebrate All is Ours Day remembering all the wonderful places we have visited.  I don't think I'll attempt to draw a bird, but would like to visit a zoo.

The Abraham Lincoln quote is very true.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink, but the wine sounds nice.

We have been to the Dominican Republic, but not to today's port.

@aliaschief  Congratulations on the upgrade to first class, and safe travels the rest of the way.  

@smitty34877  Terry, it sounds like you have a very good aide for Tana, but sorry there was a difficult situation yesterday.  I hope the aide stays with you for quite a while.

@Lady Hudson  How nice of your twin to ask you to join her on the cruise.

@richwmn  Rich, that was a big day in baseball history.

Now, it's time to get ready to clean the house.  

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!  

Yesterday was a beautiful day and today it is threatening a wintry mix.  I guess I do my walking indoors.  This afternoon is supposed to be better.  Nothing on the agenda except to go to Peel and Pare and get more of our favorite coffee.  We spent part of yesterday surveying the yard and trying to figure out what was coming up in various places.  Then, we were trying to decide what should go where.  We'll have a better idea of things in a few weeks, but it looks like we have a lot of day lilies in the yard.  

@StLouisCruisers

HappyBirthday3.jpg.569ff3dce1c80c8cadddcb6f4d52bc58.jpg

@Overhead Fred

3fd70c4469801cf6583758a9db429c76.jpg.a05c86cde087240e4a824ec6891f38e6.jpg

Today's meal is an easy one.  It can be a side dish or you can add some protein to it to make it a main dish.   Your choice!  This first one is quick and easy and has a list of suggestions for making it your own.  https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/sesame-noodles/

sesamenoodles1.thumb.jpg.779238c11154e4c3915f81c2ee2ec707.jpg

One of the suggestions is to use zoodles for half or all of the noodles.  I might try this!  The next one uses a peanut sauce.  I love that!   https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/sesame-noodles/

sesamenoodles2.thumb.jpg.edf9d36ba8a40687d9b1a0e0881cfe61.jpg

The next recipe is similar with the sauce being more of a combination of the two above.  https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/sesame-noodles/

sesamenoodles3.thumb.jpg.bc1c12c2eb38d545b3c0068151f81bd4.jpg

And this one is for the carrot lovers.   https://omnivorescookbook.com/sesame-noodles/

sesamenoodles4.thumb.jpg.dfa9b6dc40b92a89c0007c519c652a4b.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Our weather forecast for the next several days doesnt look very good but who knows?!

I cant draw a straight line so wont attempt a bird. Beautiful but sad story about the origin of this day. Thanks Graham @grapau27

A very Happy Birthday to Sandi @StLouisCruisers and your twin.

@Overhead Fred Happy Anniversary to you and Mitzi. 

@aliaschief Have a wonderful and safe trip

@smitty34877  Hope the new aide works out. Sounds promising. 

DH and DS are volunteering at a shredding event this morning. Sponsored by the local police department and the library. It is usually a very popular event. It is a drive thru, so the people just drive up and pop the trunk. DS who is young and strong lifts the boxes right into the shredding truck. Goes smoothly.

I will run to the mall when hey return, Want to get a few things for the Easter baskets. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4