Ordering Medallions - Being Charged Shipping - Have Princess Plus

63 Super Sport

Has anyone else had an issue when ordering their Medallions? We have Princess Plus which includes medallion shipping. When I go to order, the app is charging me $10 and I am not able to move forward with the order unless I enter a form of payment. 

Thanks.

I ran into the same issue the other day and started a thread on the subject (see below).  Turns out this is yet ANOTHER fail by the Medallion app IT team, as it  shows a charge for shipping, but when you check-out it does not actually charge the linked CC.  Very poor exectution of this new "perk".

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 63 Super Sport said:

Has anyone else had an issue when ordering their Medallions? We have Princess Plus which includes medallion shipping. When I go to order, the app is charging me $10 and I am not able to move forward with the order unless I enter a form of payment. 

Thanks.

Same thing here. I contacted Princess and it was explained that when the medallions ship my card will not be charged for the shipping. I'm planning on re-asking the question via the Live Chat so that I will have the answer in writing, just to be safe!

• Like 1

I was told we would be charged $14 each to have them shipped, but could get an OBC on board at Guest Services. Or, that’s what I *think* she said. English wasn’t her first language and the Filipino call center party in the background was pretty loud. 

😖

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

We booked a cruise with Princess Premier. Not only am I being charged for medallion shipping, but when I went to make specialty dining reservations, it wants to charge my credit card for the dining fee instead of applying the dining credit. It's also asking if I want to purcahse a wifi package, which is included in the Premier. I don't think the app is recognizing the Premier package that was purchased.  

I called Princess on Friday and after a very short wait of just a couple of minutes, a very nice gentleman tried to help and he was stumped as well. The booking does show the Premier Package included but he was having the same problems I was with the charges. He sent a ticket to escalate the issue and took my phone number and said he'd call back when it was resolved. This was only Friday afternoon, so assuming it wouldn't be worked on over the weekend, it hasn't been 24 hours yet. 

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I was told we would be charged $14 each to have them shipped, but could get an OBC on board at Guest Services. Or, that’s what I *think* she said. English wasn’t her first language and the Filipino call center party in the background was pretty loud. 

😖

Ditto

Disappointing

Edited by that

I have Premier on my next cruise and was getting indications of there being a shipping charge.  So, I bagged it and decided to get my Medallions at the port.  I see no need to have them delivered at home and then have to carry them with me to the port.  One more thing for me to loose in transit.  That would be like the cruise line mailing you cruise cards 2 or 3 weeks before your vacation and then having you bring them to the port.  Makes no sense to me.  And for those that don't have Plus or Premier, I hope you too choose to get your Medallions at the port.  The message needs to be sent that up charges for unnecessary things are not acceptable.  The more people that don't pay for the "service" the less likely that the service will continue to be offered.

On top of that, I suspect that Princess is using a third party to do their app and Medallion program development.  It is unlikely that Princess has hired an extensive programming staff to work on the Medallion and its companion app.  They are farming this out to a third-party programmer and therefore Princess has to deal with extended programming times, and issues with programming quality control.  I also suspect that the programmers do not have the tools necessary to actually test and validate the programming changes they are making, which means that we are all the "beta" testers for the Medallion and the app.

• Like 1

I started the other thread linked above.

When I went to order/checkout it showed a shipping charge. I have Plus, so it “should” be free/waived. Upon advice of others I confirmed the order. This was several days ago and as of tonight there is no charge on my credit card. My app shows me in green lane, and I received a medallion order confirmation email. 

My summation - the app is a piece of crap, and the development team (which IS a third party provider) can’t get it to display a simple discount which it actually applies on the back end. Poor showing all around.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2023 at 10:49 AM, ninka26 said:

Same thing here. I contacted Princess and it was explained that when the medallions ship my card will not be charged for the shipping. I'm planning on re-asking the question via the Live Chat so that I will have the answer in writing, just to be safe!

I did the same and tried contacting live chat, but was told all agents were busy so I should try again another time. Did this twice! 

Yup! I also began a thread "Princess Plus Frustration". On the Princess website it says that if you are booked with Plus or Premium, the fee is waived. Right. I was told some crazy gobbly goop that we had the "Old Princess Plus" and would therefore not be eligible! And good old "Mario" said that we would also be limited to $12.00 drinks. WRONG!!!

As far as I know nobody with plu or premier packages has actually been charged for medallion delivery.  The app told us there would be a charge when we ordered but a few months later it showed zero. Medallions showed up yesterday and we have not been charged. Now those people who wait till b add plus till they board so they can use OBC yes they will be charged 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 11:10 AM, memoak said:

As far as I know nobody with plu or premier packages has actually been charged for medallion delivery.  The app told us there would be a charge when we ordered but a few months later it showed zero. Medallions showed up yesterday and we have not been charged. Now those people who wait till b add plus till they board so they can use OBC yes they will be charged 

Have a question.  If you have Princess Standard and  ask to have you medallion ready to pick up at the terminal there would be no charge - right?  Then if you add Princess Plus after you board using OBC, you wouldn't be charged the $10 shipping fee  - right or wrong??  With Plus or Standard I have asked to pick up Medallion at the terminal.  Was just curious now that you can use OBC after boarding to buy the Plus Package.

1 minute ago, coo359a2 said:

Have a question.  If you have Princess Standard and  ask to have you medallion ready to pick up at the terminal there would be no charge - right?  Then if you add Princess Plus after you board using OBC, you wouldn't be charged the $10 shipping fee  - right or wrong??  With Plus or Standard I have asked to pick up Medallion at the terminal.  Was just curious now that you can use OBC after boarding to buy the Plus Package.

The Princess Plus/Premium included perk of having your Medallion shipped to your home becomes void if you have chosen port pick-up despite having purchased one of the packages.  Many passengers who reside outside of the USA forgo this perk because Medallions can only be shipped to home to US addresses.

If you paid $10 for Medallion shipping to your home and purchase the Princess Plus/Premier package on board the first day, rather than pre-cruise, you can go to the Guest Services Desk and have them refund the $10 Medallion shipping as a $10 onboard credit to your stateroom account.  Screen shot the Medallion Confirmation order page with the charges itemized and show it as proof that you paid for shipping.  Not sure how long this will go on, but my shipmates were successful in doing this on two cruises taken after the changes to the packages.

4 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The Princess Plus/Premium included perk of having your Medallion shipped to your home becomes void if you have chosen port pick-up despite having purchased one of the packages.  Many passengers who reside outside of the USA forgo this perk because Medallions can only be shipped to home to US addresses.

If you paid $10 for Medallion shipping to your home and purchase the Princess Plus/Premier package on board the first day, rather than pre-cruise, you can go to the Guest Services Desk and have them refund the $10 Medallion shipping as a $10 onboard credit to your stateroom account.  Screen shot the Medallion Confirmation order page with the charges itemized and show it as proof that you paid for shipping.  Not sure how long this will go on, but my shipmates were successful in doing this on two cruises taken after the changes to the packages.

Thanks, No plans to ever pay $10 for getting the Medallions shipped to my home.  Port pick up with either Standard or Plus package is fine for me.

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks, No plans to ever pay $10 for getting the Medallions shipped to my home.  Port pick up with either Standard or Plus package is fine for me.

In practical terms, you are right that “port pickup” is fine, but I cherish the excitement of receiving and opening the package that says “ the cruise is almost here!!!”  If I didn’t have Plus, the $10 would be worth it just for that excitement!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

In practical terms, you are right that “port pickup” is fine, but I cherish the excitement of receiving and opening the package that says “ the cruise is almost here!!!”  If I didn’t have Plus, the $10 would be worth it just for that excitement!

With 14 Medallion cruises, the excitement  for those cruises remain high no matter how we received the Medallions.  Our  excitement remains high for all our Princess cruise from 2004 to present. We saved Medallions, key cards, paid in full invoices, pictures with the Captain, and Cruise Log for each cruise and have happy cruising memories  when looking back to see who all we have met and  where all we have been.. 

Edited by coo359a2

4 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

If you order Plus you will not have to pay to have the medallion shipped. Just wondering if everyone who pays Standard opts to pick up at pier how long will the line be and how long will the wait be ?  I know it doesn’t take long now but what if a few hundred or more choose this ?

59 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you order Plus you will not have to pay to have the medallion shipped. Just wondering if everyone who pays Standard opts to pick up at pier how long will the line be and how long will the wait be ?  I know it doesn’t take long now but what if a few hundred or more choose this ?

The wait isn't so bad if the port agents are organized..  I took the Sky Princess out of Southampton this past April and the majority of the passengers were British and didn't have the option of getting the Medallion shipped to their home.  The Medallions were very well organized in bins.  There was only point of contact at check-in; that agent did the check-in, retrieved the Medallion, and handed it to the passenger.  Most importantly, the queue for check-in moved at a constant pace; there was never a time where it stopped and didn't move for a long period of time.  The wait for the security line was longer and was start stop.  It wasn't like at Fort Lauderdale where passengers have to queue and check with one agent and queue again in another line and retrieve their Medallion from another agent.

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

Wouldn’t it be the same as when everyone had to pick ip there cruise card

54 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Wouldn’t it be the same as when everyone had to pick ip there cruise card

Yes and in the old days we were waiting in lines for up to 30 minutes