What happens to items intentionally left in cabins?

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Back in the good old days when the "TT" in 911TT was known as the Testosterone Transporter of choice for old bald guys😱😇

When I was a kid the guy across the street had one (married no kids) and all of us boys/teenagers thought it was the coolest car by far.  We always stopped and stared when they drove by.  

4 hours ago, topnole said:

A lot of cars didn’t have cup holders not all that long ago.  In my early years of
driving, we almost all held our beverages in our lap.  Now I can’t imagine regularly driving the old stick shift cars I used to own.  But I do miss them.  

In 1991 they didn’t have them where as our Buick did. I would lean my coffee against the windshield on the dash of my old stick shift truck. I still have 4 stick shift cars today. 

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

In 1991 they didn’t have them where as our Buick did. I would lean my coffee against the windshield on the dash of my old stick shift truck. I still have 4 stick shift cars today. 

Bold move.   😰

On 4/10/2023 at 1:54 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Used dirty underwear has a special place on Ebay. You could be making someone rich.

image.png.c59a97a7c126ef754356b7067adf23ee.png or from a vending machineimage.png.15fcf9a0c5977527cb7ec7250bd1c382.png

I'm a tax preparer and the strangest return I ever did was a a girl who sold her dirty underwear on the internet!  Her husband thanked me for not judging them.  Incidentally, she made quite a bit of money from it.  There's all sorts of weirdos out there willing to throw money at very strange things

• Like 1

I frequently gift a jigsaw puzzle to the game room. They're nice ones, hope someone gets to enjoy them. I put them in the cabinet there myself though. This frees up space in my homebound luggage for any purchases made along the way.

On our sailing last week, RCL screwed up and didn't deliver my water order until later in the cruise. Not a chance I was drinking all of it, and no way was I packing it to go! Asked the attendant if he would like it, and he said yes, just leave it in the room.

Now, question about items mistakenly left in cabins. Do they EVER get turned into lost and found? DD left her snorkel flippers. She immediately filed a claim, but hasn't heard anything...

26 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Now, question about items mistakenly left in cabins. Do they EVER get turned into lost and found? DD left her snorkel flippers. She immediately filed a claim, but hasn't heard anything...

I suspect it is variable. Did she leave them under the bed? They could still be there. Did a cruiser find them? Maybe they kept them. Was your attendant having a busy day? Maybe they went into the trash. ymmv

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

On an RCL cruise a long time ago, DW lost her diamond engagement ring. We searched everywhere in the cabin for it with no luck. When the cabin steward was making up the room the next morning, he heard a "clank" in Henry while he was vacuuming around the bed. He opened Henry up and dug through the bag and found DW's ring inside. I'm not sure who was more thrilled with the find - DW or the steward - but he got  a REALLY big tip at the end of the cruise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

I suspect it is variable. Did she leave them under the bed? They could still be there. Did a cruiser find them? Maybe they kept them. Was your attendant having a busy day? Maybe they went into the trash. ymmv

They were propped up against the wall and curtain.  I'll be so sad if they aren't recovered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candleonwater said:

They were propped up against the wall and curtain.  I'll be so sad if they aren't recovered.

An item like this is probably pitched to be honest.   But I’m sure it varies.   They mostly just trash everything.  Electronics and jewelry are probably the two biggest exceptions.   

I’ve received an email once about an item.  It wasn’t ours.   We were in a Star class suite though so that is probably why.   

2 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

Now, question about items mistakenly left in cabins. Do they EVER get turned into lost and found? DD left her snorkel flippers. She immediately filed a claim, but hasn't heard anything.

On the off chance that they do find them and return them to you, they will more than likely also want to charge you for FedExing them back to you. In the long run, you would probably be better off just going out to scuba dot com and buying DD a new pair.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

On the off chance that they do find them and return them to you, they will more than likely also want to charge you for FedExing them back to you. In the long run, you would probably be better off just going out to scuba dot com and buying DD a new pair.

Sadly, these have more sentimental value - my mother (who is no longer with us) bought them for her.  Fingers crossed, but as we're coming up on a week after our sailing, I'm losing hope.  At least she has her mask and snorkel which were SO hard to find the perfect fit for her.

We always take our own toiletries .... way too many of them ... and then leave them all sitting in the sink when we leave. The CA can then dump them all or save them - we need the luggage space to get home !

If we have anything we don’t want we will ask the cabin attendant if they can use it before we leave so there is no confusion. Books I always drop at the library. On our last cruise we were given two umbrellas by our Genie in port one day, they both broke. We ended up buying replacements and leaving them with him for future guests. I am notorious for leaving hangers. Whoops. 

I did leave a bottle of Poo Pourri and Softsoap liquid hand soap on the sink counter when we left. I was about to throw them away, but then thought those particular items *might* be something that the attendant could potentially want, and easy to toss in the bathroom garbage when collected, if not.

• 4 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 2:53 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Regarding hangers, all the cabins we’ve been in have the RCCL wooden hangers.   Cabin attendants hang the robes  on wooden hangers, or leave them folded and placed on the couch

If I ask for extra hangers, it will often be a variety of plastic hangers, tube hangers, or wire hangers.  Next time I will consider it my “car lot“ of hangers
m

We always get wooden hangers from the steward.

We have left a few hangars as I know they save them to use for people who request more.  We've also left water bottles a few times after telling them we were leaving them for them.  

Also, doesn't matter that this is a 4 month old thread as it's always relevant.

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Someone who finds he Icon of the Seas ultimate family townhouse at $80,000 per week out of their price range. And to add a WOW the Townhouse is completely booked for all of 2024. 

In 2018, or 2019, we paid over 32k for the Family Villa on Symphony. There were 13 of us however and it was one of the best cruises I've ever been on.  I bet I can't get that suite today for that!

• Like 1