Backpack cooler with bottle opener

dlphn501

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

Your room steward will furnish a bottle opener or corkscrew whichever is needed.

I do not need a bottle opener.  I would like to bring a backpack cooler.  This particular one has a bottle opener attached, and I wanted to know if it was allowed because of said bottle opener, or if it wouldn't matter.

7 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

I do not need a bottle opener.  I would like to bring a backpack cooler...

Per Carnival Cruise Line Prohibited Items, Exemptions and Other Considerations under Exemptions and other considerations

• Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing, small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage

9 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Per Carnival Cruise Line Prohibited Items, Exemptions and Other Considerations under Exemptions and other considerations

• Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing, small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage

Thanks for this information.  Now I know I will be able to carry on and off my personal-sized cooler that I usually just pack in my luggage.  I didn't see any size restrictions on backpacks though.

9 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Carnival doesn't restrict bottle openers on any ships.

https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1202

Thanks!  I don't know why I didn't think to check this myself.  And now I know that extension cords and outlet extenders are actually permitted, despite others having theirs confiscated.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

They don't care about bottle openers, it's corkscrews with the knives for removing foil that aren't allowed.

And although they do specify Knives in the list of prohibited items, they aren't concerned a one inch blade in a corkscrew.  They even give those away as gifts.  We got one last month on an Elite Cruise. 

Even if some overzealous agent tried to stop you with something like this, if you have them call their supervisor they would let it go.  Now TSA is a different story.  You can not bring them as carry-on on an airplane. 

20230412_131802_001.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 10:59 AM, dlphn501 said:

I just used that exact same backpack/cooler 2 weeks ago on MG, no one ever said a word. I totally forgot about that canopener even being there.

• Thanks 1