LIVE from Radiance Apr. 21, 2023 - The Panama Canal - Canal au Niveau de la Mer

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

Apparently Enchantment in 2019 never got the memo. 

Not all ships are on top of it.  

Yeah that's too bad, should keep up on it. Doesnt matter if Ship is 1 or 26yrs old keep up on the Maint, Wear and keep Rust under control. Did 4 Cruises on Enchantment in the 90's, was my Kids first Cruises. Seen them do the Annual Maint I described on Jewel, Serenade and Brilliance. One yr they were replacing Balcony Furniture one Deck each week on turnaround day. Next yr was Mattress's by the hundred each week... I'm on Oct 2023 and 2024 Radiance Panama Canal so Thank you, Love the Pic's and enjoying the Thread!

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah that's too bad, should keep up on it. Doesnt matter if Ship is 1 or 26yrs old keep up on the Maint, Wear and keep Rust under control. Did 4 Cruises on Enchantment in the 90's, was my Kids first Cruises. Seen them do the Annual Maint I described on Jewel, Serenade and Brilliance. One yr they were replacing Balcony Furniture one Deck each week on turnaround day. Next yr was Mattress's by the hundred each week... I'm on Oct 2023 and 2024 Radiance Panama Canal so Thank you, Love the Pic's and enjoying the Thread!

See you in October. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I asked the Voom person about expectations for Starlink in Alaska.  I received an answer suited for the pre-Starlink days, mountains and being too far North, blocking the satellites, mountains everywhere, etc.  

I was afraid this would be the case 😔

1 minute ago, little britain said:

3pm on a glorious sea day !

IMG_0500.jpeg

In all the pictures we have seen,haven't seen alot of passengers anywhere. Where is everyone? Is the ship sailing full?

Is it an older crowd that aren't really pool people?

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

In all the pictures we have seen,haven't seen alot of passengers anywhere. Where is everyone? Is the ship sailing full?

It went off the website a while ago then came back, then went away.  If it isn't full they made it that way deliberately.  It was all I could do to change interior cabins once and I checked twice daily since booking. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

This isnt a closed loop cruise plus I know on ours Columbia required passports. We had a very large number from mexico, some from germany etc. The captain at noon announced birthdays and lots weren't from usa. 

These radiance cruises excluded the usual families who drive to the port for beach time and kids sailing with birth certificates. Most of the families on mine seemed to be from mexico. Or at least didnt speak english. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Apparently my Grand Cayman excursion was canceled due to low booking numbers.  C'est la vie. 

Maybe some cabins aren't occupied and those are being carpeted with all that carpet you spotted earlier?

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Mine were in my cabin when I arrived. I didnt like the smell. Maybe like coconut which I'm allergic to. I used them but i liked the brand a week earlier on oasis better. The lotion didnt soften at all. .. I know it was free ... but I wasnt crazy about them. 

I loved the L'Occitane bathroom amenities. Not excited about the recent ones.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe some cabins aren't occupied and those are being carpeted with all that carpet you spotted earlier?

2,400 guests on board, so pretty much at capacity. 

Ships replace carpet all the time.  It rarely makes the news. 

• Like 2