Cruising Ducks - Yes or No ?

wowzz

Sorry this thread is now making me chuckle.

It is almost at the fever pitch that the dress code used to rise to.

Is it April 1st again?

Keep calm and chill people --- they are plastic ducks (and very cute ones at that) and am guessing that whoever finds them does not throw the packaging over the side.

I have to say that I draw the line if any of them is found taking up the space on a sunbed by the pool ...................

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

This thread is cheering me up no end, and giving me a good laugh🦆   

It's even better than the dress code or tipping.  A nice change

Yes but hang on there.  Firstly you just can't have any duck anywhere.   Any duck found in say the MDR must be dressed appropriately for that area.  All ducks must wear  some sort of clothing.   I am a bit confused as to what to give the nearest member of staff if a duck if found in the area they work.  Lets say the duck hider walks past your cabin door when it is open as the room steward is in the process of cleaning.  They enter the room and hide the duck in your bed (how we would laugh if that was us who found it not).  Do we have to tip the room steward extra?

I suppose the impartant question is this.  What do you do if you find a duck dressed like a pineapple?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Most people think hiding a piece of plastic, shaped like a duck is just quackers !!

Others think it's just fine and claim it's for the kids.

Should they ever get charged with littering a ship and get locked up, I could represent

them .. " I put to you Mallard ,they meant no harm and would like to seek Quail ..🥴

No one has come up with a compromise which could make everyone happy .

How about a secret Fiver ?

All you duck hiders could hide a £5 note and we have to find it , all the kids and adults

should love this and I can tell you there would be no risk of it ending up in the bin or in 

the sea. The more the merrier ,you can hide loads in my cabin if you want .

I may buy something nice with it ..Like a plastic duck !  🙃

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Should they ever get charged with littering a ship and get locked up, I could represent

them .. " I put to you Mallard ,they meant no harm and would like to seek Quail ..🥴

Order, order ... silence onboard! You're up before the beak 

1513091623-32927200.jpg

Edited by Megabear2
  • Haha 8

On 4/18/2023 at 12:33 PM, tring said:

OK so people think it can be good on a ship with children.  I can see that some sort of treasure hunt with a reward could be worthwhile for kids, but are ducks really the right things to use though?  My child like mind thinks "What would I do if I find a duck" - see how it floats sounds a great idea, so throwing it overboard and watching how it copes in the sea, could well be my next action - considering I would not be aware of all the environmental knowledge around now and I doubt many really young children are.

I find children to be far more environmentally aware than adults!

My son is only 3 and he would never do that. First off he knows littering and throwing things he can't pick up is wrong, but also he'd want to play with it. Even a toddler possses the logic to know they can't play with something they throw overboard.

• Like 1

We have duck races locally. They used to be real ducks but they are now replaced with plastic after one of the ducks sued over their avian rights.

Watch the video - it is from 1976 television and shows how much things have changed 😀 I wonder why he chose to interview that particular young woman?

https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-12071976-duck-race-part-two-studley-warwickshire

How it's done today:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/warwickshire/coughton-court/events/1646bd46-64f6-43b3-a2d0-8fde976ef840

Edited by Bob++