Did Pride go into dry dock?

Eli_6

I googled and didn't see anything. I stalked JH's page thinking I might see an update, but nothing.  Albeit, I realize I might be a couple of days, too early...but since I am sailing on her on May 28th and this was a 1 month dry dock, I thought there might be some news or some pics coming out today. 

• Like 1

i found this brief list of the changes being done to the pride:

david steakhouse name change to Fahrenheit 555 

skybox sportbar name change to heroes tribute

adventures shop and photo studio changing locations 

equipment replacement in the fitness center

Nightclub reduced to only one deck, 5 cabins will be added on deck 1 under the nightclub

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I googled and didn't see anything. I stalked JH's page thinking I might see an update, but nothing.  Albeit, I realize I might be a couple of days, too early...but since I am sailing on her on May 28th and this was a 1 month dry dock, I thought there might be some news or some pics coming out today. 

Pride arrived in Cadiz and is docked outside of the dry docks with Venezia, which is just out of dry dock. Searching for pictures, maybe John will post about either ship soon?

image.png.cb976a23002c3500c912c3fa4a430afa.png

15 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

For whatever reason, it looks like the ship is going via Malaga, Valencia, and  Barcelona. Maybe they had to pick up some paella.

Those stops were its transatlantic

Edited by CarnivalShips480
wording

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

5 cabins will be added on deck 1 under the nightclub

That's certainly not going to backfire in any sort of way and is the best decision ever made by any business.

• Haha 2

I was hoping for something more imaginative than just removing a lounge for more cabins, but I guess I should be happy they're doing anything at all. Many of Carnival's drydocks since the restart have been limited to just the basics like repainting the hull and whatever statutory things they're required to do.

Carnival not building new ships and also not upgrading other ships to compete is a very bad scenario when their competitors are doing the opposite.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Pride arrived in Cadiz and is docked outside of the dry docks with Venezia, which is just out of dry dock. Searching for pictures, maybe John will post about either ship soon?

image.png.cb976a23002c3500c912c3fa4a430afa.png

Those stops were its transatlantic

Yep. I finally figured that out.

• Like 1

The deck plans have been updated to show the one floor nightclub and the 5 new cabins (1242, 1244, 1246, 1248, 1250). But interestingly the rest of the deck plans have  not been updated (no Hero’s bar, still David’s and not Fahrenheit 555, etc)

The new cabins are available for my sailing in Europe. I wonder if they’ll look like newer Excel Class cabins or the same old cabins on this class.

324D01DF-4D1E-454E-B552-04628F8CBDA3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Bummer. No mention of updates to cabins.  I was really hoping the cabins might get a refresh to include things like hot water and working showers. 

And shower doors!  Tired of clingy shower curtains leaving someone else's leg hairs on me!  😁 🏴‍☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I saw a post from John Herald somewhere (sorry, I can't find it), but I remember being excited because it said that cabins were getting a refresh. It also confirmed the Heroes Tribute Bar and the Farenheitt rumors.  If I find the post, I will try to update you. 

On another note, I just booked the Chef's table for the first night, anyone else going? 

Edited by shiner6
grammar
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

I saw a post from John Herald somewhere (sorry, I can't find it), but I remember being excited because it said that cabins were getting a refresh. It also confirmed the Heroes Tribute Bar and the Farenheitt rumors.  If I find the post, I will try to update you. 

On another note, I just booked the Chef's table for the first night, anyone else going? 

Were you thinking of this John Heald post from 4/28 on another certain site?

Good morning everyone and I am back with you again after my day away yesterday so please let me know how I may help you across on Vicomitity Posts. It was a massively emotional day and a challenging one for Mum but she is stoic and courageous and the only one in tears……….was me.
Anyway, let’s get back to cruising and talk about the Carnival Pride shall we? She has completed her trans Atlantic cruise and is on her way to Cadiz to start her dry dock. Along with the usual inside and outside maintenance the ship will also receive the following:
She will get the fabulous Carnival livery – the red, white and blue hull design.
Heroes Tribute Bar & Lounge which of course salutes the military.
Guests will also enjoy an upgraded Cloud 9 Spa and Fitness Center, with new equipment, and sporting a fresh look and feel.
The Carnival Pride will feature enhancements to its steakhouse, which will be rebranded as Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, and span two decks.
The ship will also be home to a new Carnival Adventures shop and Dreams Photography Studio.
We will also convert 29 cabins into new ADA cabins from present ones. I will let you know more information on which cabins soon.
And on the lower level of the disco………bugger……….the nightclub we will add there will be 5 cabins added. One cabin is ADA, 2 are inside and 2 are ocean view cabins. And yes, there will be brilliant sound proof insulation.
So the ship will look amazing and I will be there to visit the ship when I am in Barcelona for the Carnival Venezia. Here is a reminder of Carnival Pride’s first cruise after dry dock. It’s a 12 day cruise from Barcelona to Dover. Take a look at the ports she will be calling at:
28 May 19:00 Departing Barcelona, Spain
30 May 07:00 - 16:00 Gibraltar, UK
31 May 10:00 - 19:00 Lisbon, Portugal
01 Jun 10:00 - 19:00 Porto-Leixoes, Cleveland, Portugal
02 Jun 07:00 - 17:00 Vigo, Spain Galicia
03 Jun 07:00 - 16:00 La Coruna, Spain Galicia
04 Jun 09:00 - 18:00 BilbaoBiscay Basque
05 Jun 08:00 - 17:00 La Rochelle, France
07 Jun 07:00 - 21:00 Le Havre-Paris, France
08 Jun 10:00 - 19:00 Zeebrugge, Bruges, Belgium
09 Jun 05:00 Arriving in Dover, England
Yes indeed, May will be a busy month with Carnival Pride on Europe. Carnival Spirit and Carnival Luminosa starting their Alaskan adventures and then in June we have Carnival Venezia sailing from Barcelona to New York where the naming ceremony will be held. And I will be there to show you just why we are so excited by the first of our Carnival Fun Italian style ships.
Right, I had better crack on. By the way do you remember the post from the lady asking us to provide Helium Air for her non latex balloons to be used for her daughter’s graduation?
Well I did explain that we do not have Helium on board and that it could not be brought on by guests. Later that day I received an email from a senior security beard who told me we are concerned at the number of guests smuggling helium filled balloons in their luggage… cases continue to rise.
Oh FFS
Cheers and have a brilliant day
  • Like 1

Well, that's a bummer because it sounds like they are only doing the ADA cabins if that is the post Shiner6 was referring to.

They probably need more ADA cabins if she will continue to cruise in Europe, to Greenland, etc. as the average age on those cruises tends to be older than the Carribean cruises and, therefore, there are usually more guests with mobility issues. 

Edited by Eli_6

On 5/5/2023 at 4:28 PM, Eli_6 said:

Bummer. No mention of updates to cabins.  I was really hoping the cabins might get a refresh to include things like hot water and working showers. 

Never had a problem with this on any of the Pride cruises I have taken, including last fall.

On 5/5/2023 at 7:11 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

And shower doors!  Tired of clingy shower curtains leaving someone else's leg hairs on me!  😁 🏴‍☠️

I left that wide open and thought for sure Roscoe, St. Greg or any of the usual suspects would have chimed in by now with "You hope they're leg hairs!" but anyway, I happily just learned from that link to John Heald's talk that the Venezia has shower doors.  I'm going to miss David Steakhouse, it was my favorite Carnival steakhouse as far as ambiance.  I leave for Europe in 3 days which will include my first TA on Venezia's maiden voyage.  So excited for the towns of Arles and St. Paul de Vence, France!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Never had a problem with this on any of the Pride cruises I have taken, including last fall.

Our shower didn't work in our Aft wrap suite the entire time despite them coming 3 times to fix it. Fortunately, we also had the adjoining cabin so we were able to use that shower.

The hot water issue was not mine but several people who have been on the Pride (both here and in F  B groups) have complained about hot water issues on the Pride.  Either no hot water at all or it coming out scalding.   

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I'm going to miss David Steakhouse, it was my favorite Carnival steakhouse as far as ambiance. 

Some photos of one of our meals last June at David's steakhouse. It will be interesting what they do to the place. 

PXL_20220611_185438908 (1).jpg

PXL_20220611_182203515 (1).jpg

PXL_20220611_180633822 (1).jpg

PXL_20220611_175648852 (3).jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I left that wide open and thought for sure Roscoe, St. Greg or any of the usual suspects would have chimed in by now with "You hope they're leg hairs!" but anyway, I happily just learned from that link to John Heald's talk that the Venezia has shower doors.  I'm going to miss David Steakhouse, it was my favorite Carnival steakhouse as far as ambiance.  I leave for Europe in 3 days which will include my first TA on Venezia's maiden voyage.  So excited for the towns of Arles and St. Paul de Vence, France!

I almost took the bait and was going to call you a glass half full type 🤣!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shiner6 said:

We've got the Chef's Table booked on the first voyage out of drydock (night assigned on board, didn't have the option to choose)... I really am curious as to where it's going to be held, since Miracle hosted the main part of the meal on the dance floor (lower level) of the two story nightclub. Wonder where it'll be since that's no more...

• Like 1