Packing advice

We went to Norway in July 2018 and the weather was very mild.  It can vary a lot. The previous cruise had miserable weather according to the crew.   I would recommend layers.  There were some passengers in shorts at Nordkapp!   We had one rainy day, so a lightweight raincoat might come in handy.  The cruises we’ve been on have umbrellas in the room, but not sure if that is common for all.  

Enjoy the beautiful scenery.  

I always pack a hat & mitis  rain jacket & layers

We have been to Norway 3 times  June July & August

the weather  will vary depending on how far north you go

My suggestion is to check the weather starting about 2 weeks prior to your cruise. That will give you the best idea of upcoming weather trends.  Asking on here is a good thing but I prefer to follow more intently as the cruise gets closer.  I use weather.com and check the upcoming 10 days for your itinerary.

H first timer.  You ll find you are not the first to ask your question. suggest you have a look at

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/116-northern-europe-amp-baltic-sea/

and also post on the board for the cruise line you are sailing with.  You could also see if there is a roll call for your cruise  because other passengers may already be sharing info on what is needed. 

I suggest if you've been in Scotland in summer, its probably similar in Norway.  ie it can be pretty cold and wet any time, so be prepared for everything, as suggested by others. 

Hello @Firsttimer25 Welcome to Cruise Critic and the message boards!

Regarding what @sleepingcat says:

1 hour ago, sleepingcat said:

... You could also see if there is a roll call for your cruise  because other passengers may already be sharing info on what is needed...

The specific Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date will be the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before your cruise. Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread for your specific cruise line ship and sail date. Especially those that have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before. Also, there may be excursion or transportation share requests to save money posted in your Roll Call thread. Roll Call threads are the only place where share requests are allowed on the Cruise Critic message boards. There is a "captive audience" on your Roll Call thread since you are all sailing together! 

To explain our Roll Call threads, please click What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please click the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agree to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships. We also have a Cruise Critic article you might enjoy so click 8 Reasons to Join a Cruise Critic Roll Call.

Hope this additional information will be helpful for a new member and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

You know, thinking about this, what I pack for just about any location is pretty much the same.  Might take an extra sweater or fleece and coat to some places.  Might take more shorts to other places.  But otherwise, pretty much the same.  

Layers - we experienced all 4 seasons in one day while hiking at Geiranger - snow/sleet, high wind, rain, hot sun, comfortable sun - multiple times.   Felt like we were constantly pulling on or taking off clothes/coats.  Definitely take rain gear - a coat would be better than a throw away poncho since you could take it off and on.  A backpack to put all the extra layers in when you aren’t wearing them.