JS - Full Suite Status?

This popped up yesterday as part of the thread on formal nights:

The D Concierge on EN just told us a couple of weeks ago that they've been told that JS will soon have full suite status.  If that comes true, to me, it means that JS will start costing even more.  All we can do is wait and see.

Edited yesterday at 09:04 AM by BND

Any others received this info on other ships?  

15 minutes ago, 4Nathan said:

This popped up yesterday as part of the thread on formal nights:

The D Concierge on EN just told us a couple of weeks ago that they've been told that JS will soon have full suite status.  If that comes true, to me, it means that JS will start costing even more.  All we can do is wait and see.

Edited yesterday at 09:04 AM by BND

Any others received this info on other ships?  

This is what you can an internet rumor.  Who knows, but it is hard to imagine they would do this and the lounges would be packed.  There are more JS than any other suite category.   The SL/CK would be over run on oasis class.  It would likely mean Pinnacles would be booted

out permanently.  I don’t see this as likely, but anything is possible.   

• Like 2

The Icon of the Seas has a JS class that is considered a full suite for suite benefits.  When I was booking my Icon cruise, I saw them.  Seem to recall they cost about a $1000 more than a regular JS.  It is possible that RCI may roll this out to other ships.

• Like 2

As I speculated on that other thread, it is possible they are considering market JS’s two ways as they have on Spectrum: with full suite amenities at a higher price point and without at a lower price point.  

I’d further speculate only a limited number if “Sky JS” or whatever they call them would be available and that number would vary by ship (depending on amenities offered on that ship and the ship’s ability to accommodate more guests).

A test offering could be done via RoyalUp on a ship or two. People in currently in a standard JS or a balcony might be offered the opportunity to bid on the new JS with suite benefits category.  They could see if it was a significant revenue enhancement or not.

All if the above is, of course, just wild speculation.  Isn’t that much if the internet, lol

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

It is possible that RCI may roll this out to other ships.

Roll out which, the full suite benefits or just the $1,000 increase in cost? I can see the potential of suite benefits being added on non-oasis or quantum class ships, because there really aren't any high end benefits like free internet or Coastal Kitchen/suite bar access - you pretty much only get better robes, better toiletries, and breakfast in Chops in a full suite on smaller ships.

Edited by orville99

49 minutes ago, topnole said:

This is what you can an internet rumor.  Who knows, but it is hard to imagine they would do this and the lounges would be packed.  There are more JS than any other suite category.   The SL/CK would be over run on oasis class.  It would likely mean Pinnacles would be booted

out permanently.  I don’t see this as likely, but anything is possible.   

To put some data to it, on the Oasis of the Seas, there are 176 suites, 86 of them JS.  Which would pretty much double the SL accessibility.  Which makes no sense at all to add them to full suites.

• Like 2

Just did 4 mock bookings out to April '25 for Icon and JS only have Sea Class perks. They do have CK when available but that's the same on the Oasis Class.

image.png.9cc62709ae411f66152f7042fd9b20e3.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

To put some data to it, on the Oasis of the Seas, there are 176 suites, 86 of them JS.  Which would pretty much double the SL accessibility.  Which makes no sense at all to add them to full suites.

No, that would be too many, but let’s run a hypothetical with a limited number of special JS.  Say they decided they in addition to the 90 full suites, they could manage accommodate an additional 10 JS’s into the full suite amenities.  If the base rate averages $800 higher for the Sky JS than regular JS for first two passengers that’s $832,000 per year in additional revenue for that ship.  There would be more, as they’d charge more for the 3rd and 4th guests where applicable.  There would be some marginal cost increases, of course, for the amenities for the additional guests, but the revenue flow would be positive IF people would pay for those amenities.

3 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Just did 4 mock bookings out to April '25 for Icon and JS only have Sea Class perks. They do have CK when available but that's the same on the Oasis Class.

That's because all the Sky Jr Suites sold out Day 1

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Does anyone currently have one of these Sky JS (Category JY) booked ?  Does anyone know OF ANYone who has one of these booked ?

I looked on the TA website for the entire first year of Icon's sailings and then randomly checked about 20 other sailings and not ONE of these suites is available to book.  I cannot believe that there isn't even 1 JY available on ANY sailing anywhere.  My guess is that they are not yet booking these suites.  Why ?  Who knows.

45 minutes ago, Big_G said:

It is a Sky Junior suite category JY and yes it is part of Sky Class.  They sold quickly which may be why you could not find any in the 4 sailings you looked at.

9 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Does anyone currently have one of these Sky JS (Category JY) booked ?  Does anyone know OF ANYone who has one of these booked ?

I looked on the TA website for the entire first year of Icon's sailings and then randomly checked about 20 other sailings and not ONE of these suites is available to book.  I cannot believe that there isn't even 1 JY available on ANY sailing anywhere.  My guess is that they are not yet booking these suites.  Why ?  Who knows.

I have clients who I booked these for.

image.png.41fa4de84bd9a6e79401d4554674ccd3.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

16 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Yes I have one booked for Dec 2024. Booked day one they were available. 

I believe there are only 8 on the ship and 2 are accessible 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They were  great deal at the time and sold quickly.  That one I posted above was $8000 total taxes in.  balconies are now more than that  and insides are over $6k.  Crazy prices.

Wow !

1 minute ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Yes I have one booked for Dec 2024. Booked day one they were available. 

I believe there are only 8 on the ship and 2 are accessible 

When in a Dec ?  We’re on 12-7-24.

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

When in a Dec ?  We’re on 12-7-24.

Same one!! We have a whole group going! Us and another couple have Sky Jr suites, one has the panoramic suite, one has an owners and another has the surfside family suite which funny enough was cheaper than the reg jr suite.

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is a Sky Junior suite category JY and yes it is part of Sky Class.  They sold quickly which may be why you could not find any in the 4 sailings you looked at.

1 hour ago, bigmoose7563 said:

I couldn't find them on any deck plans I looked at and had to Google 'Sky Junior Suite' to see them. We're on her May '24 and never saw the option. Crazy prices but we got talked into going with extended family.