Giovanni's lunch

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That wasn't me that said the Jane!!  I had Giovanni's lunch on Embarkation day and definitely had the steak as well.  Loved it.  I think it might be better than Chops steak.

Oh I know, I was just talking to you as a friend and complaining. Hoping you could back me up that I didnt imagine the menu and the filet. Not reading to see if that poster replied. Dont need to get aggravated. Didnt want you to think I thought you said it... wasnt you. 

I do see harmony has Jamie's, not Giovanni this dec when we all cruise together again. I'm not a italian food fan but booked it to eat with helen and marty on bellas cruise. Sorry that you thought I meant you said it. Nope. Not you, a poster above. I love cruise food and picking out what to eat. Apologies. 

• Like 1

On the Wonder of the Seas, in April, the lunch and dinner menus at Giovanni's were exactly the same.

No picture but both were on the app.  Many of the dishes listed for Jaimes, in the menu on the prior page weren't on the Giovanni's menu.  And IIRC, the menu was different from the one on the Odyssey last year.

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I do see harmony has Jamie's, not Giovanni this dec when we all cruise together again. I'm not a italian food fan but booked it to eat with helen and marty on bellas cruise. Sorry that you thought I meant you said it. Nope. Not you, a poster above. I love cruise food and picking out what to eat. Apologies. 

No worries, I was just worried there was some confusion.  I definitely back you up on the steak being available in Giovanni's for lunch on Oasis.

I don't think I'll get to Jamies on Harmony.  We are traveling with our extended family and there are a host of food allergies with three of them that make Italian almost impossible.  We've got the Hibachi booked for all of us and Sabor for DW, myself and the GK's.  DD and SIL are getting the night off to dine at Chops.  It is their anniversary.  

• Like 1

We also loved our embarkation day lunch at Giovanni's on Allure, first week of April. We made the reservations once we were on the ship (boarded a little after 11am and got 12:45pm reservations, showed up at 12:30pm and they were fine taking us then). Adding a few pics of food, mostly appetizers.

20230402_130941.thumb.jpg.98474bf70d2b783b2e071040df37438e.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.645639e786247becd23ecfd3cc658de3.jpeg

20230402_125226(1).jpg.c6e1f6d26422c2c66ac01219a49a54d3.jpg

20230402_125219.thumb.jpg.0eb407c85481adcd59afb709565e7b5b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We always get it for embarkation day.  Totally worth it.  More food than you can possibly eat..

I did the same thing on embarkation day on Anthem in December. I pre-booked for $16.95 during one of the sales. It was awesome. No crowd, I was there for a couple hours. The food was really good, had several apps,  pasta, salmon entrée, dessert.   They opened my bottle of wine in my carryon. Was stuffed. Same portions as dinner, a few less choices. For the price a great deal. When I finished, the cabins were ready. Best way to go. This was at Jamie's.

Edited by nferr
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 1:55 PM, firefly333 said:

?? I went to Giovanni.. not Jamie's. Different menu, different restaurant. 

I went as I said on oasis march 12 to 19, bellas cruise with some friends. 

Some ships have Jamie's and some Giovanni  .. it's not the same place.

And not alike at all. Giovanni’s is fabulous. Better steaks than chops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2023 at 12:01 PM, latebuyer said:

Has anyone been to this? Any feedback on this? What are portions like? I'd be going solo.

We prefer Giovanni's kitchen over Giovanni's table.  They have different menus (while some items are the same).  The kitchen has pizza and chicken parm, both faves, while the table had a more limited menu.

28 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

We prefer Giovanni's kitchen over Giovanni's table.  They have different menus (while some items are the same).  The kitchen has pizza and chicken parm, both faves, while the table had a more limited menu.

Table has the best steaks. Add a side of pasta, after the minestrone soup and shrimp cocktail! Could eat there every night.

1 hour ago, miked0035 said:

How do the specialty restaurants work as far as ordering....is it like the MDR where you can order multiple things if you want or is it 1 app, 1 entree and 1 dessert?

Multiple apps, one entree.