Afternoon tea

Kay S

I will be on the Sky next cruise.  I'm thinking of doing the afternoon tea delivery to the cabin (for Elites only.)  I think that is still a viable
Elite benefit.  I have often threatened to do it but haven't yet.  Of course, this depends on regular afternoon tea (no cost, dining room) still existing, and whether or not the Royal Tea (upcharge, piazza) replaces the old tea service.  Do both tea services happen simultaneously?

So has anyone done the tea to the cabin thing?  How did it work out?

4 hours ago, Kay S said:

I will be on the Sky next cruise.  I'm thinking of doing the afternoon tea delivery to the cabin (for Elites only.)  I think that is still a viable
Elite benefit.  I have often threatened to do it but haven't yet.  Of course, this depends on regular afternoon tea (no cost, dining room) still existing, and whether or not the Royal Tea (upcharge, piazza) replaces the old tea service.  Do both tea services happen simultaneously?

We do the Elite tea in our room and you just call RS the day before to order it.  We usually just get the tea, scones and jam.  We found the sandwiches and desserts were a lot before dinner.  But, try it, you can put extras in the mini frig.

It is still a nice benefit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do it on ever cruise but tell them to not deliver sandwiches & sweets, just tea & scones. But sometimes it comes anyway. I just want a lite bite. This one was a perfect sizeScreenshot_20220630-164121_KeepNotes.thumb.jpg.72225c7457fdddc311b7e219efcab80e.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Kay S said:

We haven't seen the royal tea since before the pandemic.

Room service tea we always enjoy because we get a choice of teas and adhere to the proper brewing time. Tea in the MDR is far too strong/bitter, as the recommended brewing time has been far exceeded. The scones are fresher than in the dining room, sandwiches are not dried out, either. We ask to not receive the cake/dessert offerings, and order the scones with cream and jam along with an assortment of tea sandwiches.

Thanks, everyone.  The picture tells me a lot!  I discovered a couple of cruises back that they were taking the tea leftovers to the buffet for late afternoon snacks.  The promo material on the Sky is making a bit of deal about the Royal Tea, so I'm assuming it's a go now.

1 hour ago, suekel said:

I do it every cruise.  Next month I'm traveling solo and will still do it.  I'm taking baggies so I can save the leftovers and put in my fridge.  

Suekel, When you call room service to order, do you get to pick what type sandwiches they bring?   I would hate to be wasteful as there are only a couple we would eat.    

2 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Suekel, When you call room service to order, do you get to pick what type sandwiches they bring?   I would hate to be wasteful as there are only a couple we would eat.    

I don't know.  I never specify anything.  But, except for tomatoes and sushi, I'll eat most anything. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Yes, absolutely. Tell them what you would like. We do that on every ship for Elite tea.

Good advice!  I will ask for sandwiches and cakes and not the scones.  I do not like scones.  I realize I am maybe one of 26 people on earth who don't, but that leaves more for the rest of you, right? The baggies idea is brilliant.

• Haha 4

On 5/7/2023 at 1:57 PM, Kay S said:

Good advice!  I will ask for sandwiches and cakes and not the scones.  I do not like scones.  I realize I am maybe one of 26 people on earth who don't, but that leaves more for the rest of you, right? The baggies idea is brilliant.

Another idea is getting those little shower caps and put them over the plate to n the fridge. They're like saran wrap without the cling 😁

https://www.amazon.com/Auban-Disposable-Waterproof-Plastic-Elastic/dp/B07W81X5HZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=33UPAKN252KOL&keywords=shower+caps+for+women+disposable&qid=1683591926&sprefix=shower+caps+%2Caps%2C1318&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A29TV60YO0CP7H&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQlNPUjBMOVpPWE5MJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTY2NTQ1MkVBODc5ODFBUUFKTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDIyODAyMjBQNFhVMTk3SVMwVyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Great idea. You can get a big package of those at the dollar store too.  I use them to put over our shoes in the suitcase too.

I take ziplock baggies for food in the frig.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Great idea. You can get a big package of those at the dollar store too.  I use them to put over our shoes in the suitcase too.

Hack Indigitous Sticker - Hack Indigitous Hack2022 Stickers

I like that idea. I can use them to protect my Ferragamo's 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, krazy4kruisin said:

we sail June 11th and our afternoon teas show full. Wonder if we will be allowed to enter if we just show up....

Are you referring to sea days, afternoon tea?

How do you know it’s full?

Are you looking at Journeyview activity on the App?   If so, that is just a tool to show you may attend an event, not a reservation.  They don’t book the regular tea time (free) in a MDR, you just go and get seated.  Usually 3-4 PM.

Or, is it high tea, where you

pay extra?  If so, just check when you get OB.  You should be able to book it or put your name on a waitlist.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, krazy4kruisin said:

Just the free afternoon tea on sea days. Yes, I am looking at the Journeyview and it show that it is at capacity. I will just show up anyway...

No problem. People may or may not mark activities on JourneyView.  Doesn’t really mean they will show up.  Just go right when it opens…doubt you’ll have any problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krazy4kruisin said:

Just the free afternoon tea on sea days. Yes, I am looking at the Journeyview and it show that it is at capacity. I will just show up anyway...

I never trust that app.  I have never, in 30 Princess cruises, found the afternoon tea too crowded.  It's also something that goes on for a bit, so people will leave and free up tables.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I never trust that app.  I have never, in 30 Princess cruises, found the afternoon tea too crowded.  It's also something that goes on for a bit, so people will leave and free up tables.

True. I’ve only seen it crowded a couple of times, when a large group of people came all at once.  Otherwise, quite easy to go to.  

On 5/7/2023 at 9:46 AM, tawlaw1526 said:

I specify vegetarian and they stick to that 1/2 the time, so don't count on it. They plate these up enmass. Its not like room service where they have individual orders