Second Favorite

Cruise-y

Second Favorite Lux Line  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your second favorite luxury line (after Crystal)?

• Regent
    • Silversea
    • Seabourn
    • Viking Ocean

4 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Last night when I couldn't sleep I was looking around the internet. Decided to check Heritage Group. I had no idea that Manfredi was involved in so many different businesses not travel related. One of his businesses is a "luxury" lingerie company. I guess a $500 bra and $250 panties that don't even cover the possibilities handmade from silk and lace could be considered luxury. I'd find them downright uncomfortable! And with at least those ladies here I know personally, all would look hilarious in them!

So, I guess Keith is right, luxury is in the eye of the beholder!

Patty

Look for them in the shops on board the nc. Lol

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

I hear you although for many in addition to the overall cost they might not enjoy a private yacht in the way they do a luxury cruise ship.  Maybe they would for a few days but for people like myself they would be very bored very quickly.  

While not a private yacht we loved the Seabourn Pride. However, when we decided to do a long cruise of around 60 days but ended up doing the world cruise with Crystal we just felt that at 60 days for us it would  get boring.  

To me sort of analogous with "Money Can't Buy Me Love".  For me a private yacht wouldn't "Buy Me Happiness".  It might "Buy Me Boredom" at a big expense.  🤫

Keith

You're right Keith 

The yacht is fine for a week or so in the Med but to keep the mind and body active the small ship for me is great.

The small Seabourn triplets were good also but much longer than a transatlantic one could become restless.

I liked them because they got into small ports or through the Corinth Canal and right into St Petersburg.

I'm not so much of a fan of anything over 650 guests.

I will be trying the Pursuit in August and hope that it will fine.

NC is nearly there and I wish all of those booked on  early voyages a wonderful time with hopefully not too many teething problems.  

One of the things we all need to remember is that one cruise on a line may not tell the whole story.  I was on a Crystal cruise back in 2012 (along with several others on this board) and if it was my first Crystal cruise it would have been on my only one.  One of my worst cruises was on Regent but obviously from other comments and reviews it is a luxury line.

The only thing we should all agree with is that there is nothing close to as good as NY pizza 🫠

4 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

To be honest Keith none of these cruise lines are luxurious once you have sailed on a private yacht a few times.

That's another level.

Depends on the yacht. I live on my private yacht, and while it's a wonderfully adventurous life (and I'm certainly never bored!), we have no "staff" on our boat. So I have to do all the cooking. 😝

• Like 5

On 5/17/2023 at 6:35 AM, bitob said:

Agree

excursions are awful but the rest is great

we will do private tours going forward

we also booked an explora cruise —for 2025. Looks incredible 

i booked Silversea and Regent upon your comments and pictures and listed menus and wine lists of the 2 companies  ( I am done with SB )

I did book 2 Explora cruises one in a normal suite and one in a Penthouse  - that was only possible as a single on a Caribbean one.  I will try to write an extensive review after the first mid September 2024.

Cruise is going from Hamburg over Southampton to Glasgow. 

But I am rather strict on F& B operations  and i do hate hefty drink prices on cruise ships.

OC was not cheap with the wines ... but not as bad as O.  I am also curious if Explora will add the local taxes . 

2 hours ago, vistaman said:

i booked Silversea and Regent upon your comments and pictures and listed menus and wine lists of the 2 companies  ( I am done with SB )

I did book 2 Explora cruises one in a normal suite and one in a Penthouse  - that was only possible as a single on a Caribbean one.  I will try to write an extensive review after the first mid September 2024.

Cruise is going from Hamburg over Southampton to Glasgow. 

But I am rather strict on F& B operations  and i do hate hefty drink prices on cruise ships.

OC was not cheap with the wines ... but not as bad as O.  I am also curious if Explora will add the local taxes . 

We are not big drinkers so not a factor for us. Getting on 3rd ss cruise in July. Love it. We just got off seabourn. My least favorite of the 3 you mention. Life is good 

7 hours ago, bitob said:

We are not big drinkers so not a factor for us. Getting on 3rd ss cruise in July. Love it. We just got off seabourn. My least favorite of the 3 you mention. Life is good 

I am back on the Dawn on 22nd Kuly for one week - Copenhagen Bergen.

On 5/20/2023 at 11:10 AM, ctjon said:

One of the things we all need to remember is that one cruise on a line may not tell the whole story.  I was on a Crystal cruise back in 2012 (along with several others on this board) and if it was my first Crystal cruise it would have been on my only one.  One of my worst cruises was on Regent but obviously from other comments and reviews it is a luxury line.

The only thing we should all agree with is that there is nothing close to as good as NY pizza 🫠

We must have been on the same Crystal cruise.  Same story and glad we tries it again.

Please elaborate --- NY Pizza; there are variations - so nothing is as good as a Brooklyn Pizza   🙂

On 5/20/2023 at 7:38 AM, Mr Luxury said:

You're right Keith 

The yacht is fine for a week or so in the Med but to keep the mind and body active the small ship for me is great.

The small Seabourn triplets were good also but much longer than a transatlantic one could become restless.

I liked them because they got into small ports or through the Corinth Canal and right into St Petersburg.

I'm not so much of a fan of anything over 650 guests.

I will be trying the Pursuit in August and hope that it will fine.

NC is nearly there and I wish all of those booked on  early voyages a wonderful time with hopefully not too many teething problems.  

I sailed on the Azamara Pursuit last August and September on a Baltic Sea cruise from Copenhagen to Amsterdam.  It was fabuluos!  Theis ship only had around 400 passengers.  The suite cabin I had was large with a balcony and great steward services.  The steak and seafood restaurants were very good and the serive was excellent.  You won't be disappointed.  I'd go back in a minute but I'm anxious to try the Symphony on a cdruise from Rome to Lisbon next year.