Princess Upgrade Bids

SwimCarrie

My cruise is showing on Princess site as "not available" so I assume it is sold out or they are finagling with cabin assignments and have frozen new bookings.  Not sure, as I am sailing on Princess for only the second time, so don't know the ins and outs very well.

I have received multiple emails from Princess over the past 4 weeks to bid for an upgrade.  I currently have a balcony cabin that I picked.  So I'm happy with it, but wonder what is the likelihood that Princess would give me a "free" upgrade since my account is marked as willing to accept these, since they keep sending so many emails about bidding, or is that just their way?  The only upgrade I would be interested in bidding on at this point is a deluxe balcony.  For a short 10 day cruise it's not worth it to me to pay several hundred dollars for a mini suite.

Sailing in 25 days and just got another bid offer which is much lower than previously.  We like our  balcony location and don't want to risk  getting moved. With a  past experience to a noisy location we will stay put.

19 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

My cruise is showing on Princess site as "not available" so I assume it is sold out or they are finagling with cabin assignments and have frozen new bookings.  Not sure, as I am sailing on Princess for only the second time, so don't know the ins and outs very well.

I have received multiple emails from Princess over the past 4 weeks to bid for an upgrade.  I currently have a balcony cabin that I picked.  So I'm happy with it, but wonder what is the likelihood that Princess would give me a "free" upgrade since my account is marked as willing to accept these, since they keep sending so many emails about bidding, or is that just their way?  The only upgrade I would be interested in bidding on at this point is a deluxe balcony.  For a short 10 day cruise it's not worth it to me to pay several hundred dollars for a mini suite.

Don't expect a free upgrade--upgrade bids have all but eliminated that.

Even "sold out" cruises will find some last minute cancellations, so a few upgrades will happen.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

Princess is giving nothing away. Everything will be paid for. The upgrades onboard are more than the bidding too.

2 hours ago, KKB said:

Don't expect a free upgrade--upgrade bids have all but eliminated that.

Even "sold out" cruises will find some last minute cancellations, so a few upgrades will happen.

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Princess is giving nothing away. Everything will be paid for. The upgrades onboard are more than the bidding too.

I’ve received three true upgrades recently. Two were from lower balcony categories to a higher category, like BD to BB. Another was from an IA inside to a BC balcony. So they still do happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/7/2023 at 4:57 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Glad you find it fun.  I find it frustrating.  No rejection.  Keeping me on edge.  Cruise a couple of weeks away.  Ship is almost sold out.  I know:  you can get an upbid cabin days before.  I know:  "there's always hope" until they say "no".

But...but... but...

The sad thing is, they don't say "no"....they just don't say anything if it's not accepted...at least that was our experience.

Edited by suzyed

24 minutes ago, suzyed said:

The sad thing is, they don't say "no"....they just don't say anything if it's not accepted...at least that was our experience.

I did get a rejection the night before my cruise.  Not helpful.  Didn’t expect it.

On 5/8/2023 at 10:31 AM, SteelerFanXL said:

If you book a deluxe/premium balcony would you be able to bid for a suite or only allow bids for so much higher category?

We have a premium balcony cabin booked for our 11 day Nov cruise.  We received our first bid email yesterday.  We could bid on regular mini suites for $70pp, a Club Class mini for $210pp, and a variety of suites up to $900pp.  So basically every cabin above what we had already booked.

On 8/18/2023 at 3:49 PM, TM said:

I placed a bid to go from a mini-suite to a reserve class mini-suite.  Today, a week before departure date, I got an e-mail that my bid was not accepted but I could bid $1,000 per person for a possible upgrade to a penthouse suite.  This was for an 11-night cruise on the Crown to Alaska. Not going to happen.

Got the same email only ours was for $850 per person for a penthouse suite.  We didn't take it either.

1 hour ago, Sun Queen II said:

Saw that some folks find out day before cruise. What do you do for luggage tags if you have already left home for the trip to port?  Do they give you new luggage tags at check in desk?

The porters can fill in a luggage tag when you drop off your bags. Of course you could also print them at your hotel before you leave for the ship if you are staying at the port city overnight 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

The porters can fill in a luggage tag when you drop off your bags. Of course you could also print them at your hotel before you leave for the ship if you are staying at the port city overnight 

Or, take a black marker and change the cabin number, and have baggage handler put it in the correct baggage cart.

• Thanks 1