In Alaska - Fettuccine Alfredo and NY Strip Steak seem to be on the Always Available Menu each night

Coral

• Coral changed the title to In Alaska - Fettuccine Alfredo and NY Strip Steak seem to be on the Always Available Menu each night

Which chip are you on? I personally in my own opinion thought that was a silly move on princess's part knowing how popular the fettuccine Alfredo is and to replace it with a lasagna seems mind boggling.

11 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Which chip are you on? I personally in my own opinion thought that was a silly move on princess's part knowing how popular the fettuccine Alfredo is and to replace it with a lasagna seems mind boggling.

Crown Princess.

• Like 1

I have known people who ordered the fettucine every night of the cruise.  Anything Princess calls "Mama's" or the like is suspect.  Grandma's Coq au Vin is the worst thing the ever put on a plate.

I'm doing the Sky next month.  We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Crown Princess.

I wonder if the new menu should have it made its way yet on the older ships. But rule of thumb usually always is if you pull lightly ask for something parse The fettuccine Alfredo if it's not on the menu they're always so delightful and accommodating about trying to very best to prepare it for you. Sometimes they can prepare it right on the spot or they put a special order in for the next evening which is above and beyond.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Upper Bob said:

Fettuccine Alfredo and New York Strip Steak were on the MDR menu every night on the Discovery Princess first Alaska sailing of the season.

☝️ Sapphire Princess had the first Alaska sailing of this season (April 29).
Fettuccine Alfredo and New York Strip Steak were always available.

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

How is the quality of the New York Strip?

I tried it once. It had too much fat and was gristly. No good beef quality for a striploin tbh.
The taste of the eatable rest was ok tho.

The best beef on this trip was the MDR Wellington.
I liked it more than the Mignon at Sterlings.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

I tried it once. It had too much fat and was gristly. No good beef quality for a striploin tbh.
The taste of the eatable rest was ok tho.

The best beef on this trip was the MDR Wellington.
I liked it more than the Mignon at Sterlings.

I agree. It was good, on the Majestic as well. Tasty and tender.

Edited by CruzeQueen2
adding info

13 hours ago, Coral said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ed697de94e5ab53be04866b3d94cb63f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a9b5276437623254799a95fc41f8ec2f.jpeg

I have not seen the Mama's lasagna yet. Hopefully this is due to passenger feedback.

I had the lasagna on the Caribbean Princess last month.  It was very different, but in a good way.  Ordered it on two nights.  Yummy!

• Like 1

Majestic had these options as well for first cruise back in Alaska.  A very Elite passenger next to me was NOT HAPPY with the New York steak.  He was sure to tell the server that he could sole his shoe with it.  Which was amusing as his wife made sure to point out to us at least 3 times that he couldn't walk anymore, and she had to find excursions she could do solo.  And neither one of them could shut up the whole meal and made sure to tell us all about their gazillion cruises. In the meantime, I ordered the chefs recommendation of the blackened corvina and it was delicious.
And as we were disembarking, they came flying by us with him pushing hiTs walker at warp speed and telling us we were in their way.  
That sense of entitlement was beyond next level... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Slightly off topic...currently on the Sky and they are listing fish & chips under the Favorites listing.

Looking at menus off of Southampton they seem to have fish and chips, and some sort of curry in their daily menu.

18 hours ago, Kay S said:

I have known people who ordered the fettucine every night of the cruise.  Anything Princess calls "Mama's" or the like is suspect.  Grandma's Coq au Vin is the worst thing the ever put on a plate.

I'm doing the Sky next month.  We shall see.

MY DH ordered Coq au Vin on the CB and sent it back because it was BEEF!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Slightly off topic...currently on the Sky and they are listing fish & chips under the Favorites listing.

On our May cruise on Regal we found that there was a difference between the “Always Available” which was not part of the menu and the “Princess Favorites” which was. The Favorites rotated each night but supposedly were dishes with some sort of past track record. Certain dishes we recognized from prior cruises but some we did not. Fish and Chips did show up one night. And as noted in this thread, the FA and Strip Steak appeared every night as did the French Onion Soup. 

On the Regal earlier this year, it was the new menu, with no Alfredo on the favorites, everyday, menu...  I was one, of perhaps many, who made a point to see the Princess got my feedback on that!

I understand the the Ruby also has the menu with Alfredo always available.

Perhaps they are seeing the guest feedback and adjusting a bit!!!

13 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Majestic had these options as well for first cruise back in Alaska.  A very Elite passenger next to me was NOT HAPPY with the New York steak.  He was sure to tell the server that he could sole his shoe with it.  Which was amusing as his wife made sure to point out to us at least 3 times that he couldn't walk anymore, and she had to find excursions she could do solo.  And neither one of them could shut up the whole meal and made sure to tell us all about their gazillion cruises. In the meantime, I ordered the chefs recommendation of the blackened corvina and it was delicious.
And as we were disembarking, they came flying by us with him pushing hiTs walker at warp speed and telling us we were in their way.  
That sense of entitlement was beyond next level... 

This is why we don't risk shared tables for dinner.

• Like 3