Security needs to monitor the foul language

BETSY DOLL

19 hours ago, BETSY DOLL said:

This is an all adult venue, supposed to be serene for relaxing.

This has been brought up to John Heald before and there is no expectation of serenity despite it being in the name. It is an adult area not a serene area. 

20 hours ago, BETSY DOLL said:

First time on Celebration! Love it!! I’m a platinum cruiser and not shocked by much that goes on here. However, this week at the Serenity pool the “children” are out of hand. Lots of foul, loud, obnoxious idiots who need to be disciplined and removed.

they have a rotating attendant over the pool who does nothing. This is an all adult venue, supposed to be serene for relaxing.

so far, not happening. This will be a formal complaint when I get home. If you recognize yourself, please go to your cabin.

Thankfully, I have found the Serenity a calm place but the Lido is another story at times. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

I am in agreement with the OP. I’m new to carnival and I hope not to experience this on my upcoming Horizon cruise. It is called the Serenity area after all…I want to go there to relax, not be surrounded by loud obnoxious people. Swearing or not, if this is an adult only area, then act like an adult and be respectful to one another. 

21 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

I am in agreement with the OP. I’m new to carnival and I hope not to experience this on my upcoming Horizon cruise. It is called the Serenity area after all…I want to go there to relax, not be surrounded by loud obnoxious people. Swearing or not, if this is an adult only area, then act like an adult and be respectful to one another. 

The odds are in your favor.  I have been on 20+ Carnival cruises and spend nearly all of my deck time on Serenity, and have never had an experience with loud obnoxious people there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

The above 80's video of the Carnival Celebration, showed how passengers behaved much better than now, with this Kathie Lee Gifford classic.

You do know that this was a PROMO video and probably wasn't very realistic, even then.

13 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

"Stop cursing!"

"Stop being loud!"

"Stop being obnoxious!"

"Get off my lawn!!!!!!!"

This is the most boomer thread I have ever read on this board. 

Very narrow minded statement "This is the most boomer thread I have ever read on this board."

So, I am not a boomer (young 50)  and I agree that loud, obnoxious, rude behavior is unacceptable.  Again as I said previously I am a "you do you and I'll do me" kind of person, but when your behavior starts impacting me, then it is no longer acceptable.  I don't go around behaving atrociously and ruining your vacation, please don't do it to mine.  If I want to lay out and relax and enjoy the sun, I shouldn't have to listen to loud, screaming, obnoxious profanity.

Just as a side note, my siblings and I span 20 years in age (30 - 50), and guess what not one of us would behave in this manner.  It isn't about our age group.  It's the fact we were raised with MANNERS and social etiquette.  Something that is sorely lacking today.

PS:  Even at my age I don't swear in front of my mother, she would smack me in the back of the head if I did lol!

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

This has been brought up to John Heald before and there is no expectation of serenity despite it being in the name. It is an adult area not a serene area. 

To a lot of people just not being around kids is serene. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

The comedy club is an enclosed room where people know it's going to occur and have the option not to attend.  Not saying Carnival should be policing language, but there are a lot of us who would not want to listen to constant foul language while trying to relax on a cruise.  It's one of the reasons why we spend a lot of time on our on balcony.  However, Carnival should be enforcing no children in the serenity area.

My comment was made tongue in cheek. Since "children" was in quotation marks I inferred that the OP was referring to adults acting like children. Our society is much more foul mouthed then it used to be and there is no right to be free of foul language uttered by others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

Very narrow minded statement "This is the most boomer thread I have ever read on this board."

So, I am not a boomer (young 50)  and I agree that loud, obnoxious, rude behavior is unacceptable.  Again as I said previously I am a "you do you and I'll do me" kind of person, but when your behavior starts impacting me, then it is no longer acceptable.  I don't go around behaving atrociously and ruining your vacation, please don't do it to mine.  If I want to lay out and relax and enjoy the sun, I shouldn't have to listen to loud, screaming, obnoxious profanity.

Just as a side note, my siblings and I span 20 years in age (30 - 50), and guess what not one of us would behave in this manner.  It isn't about our age group.  It's the fact we were raised with MANNERS and social etiquette.  Something that is sorely lacking today.

PS:  Even at my age I don't swear in front of my mother, she would smack me in the back of the head if I did lol!

Ok Boomer. 

(I am joking, btw. My original comment was a joke, too.)

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Ok Boomer. 

(I am joking, btw. My original comment was a joke, too.)

That's the problem when you can't see body language or hear tone in the voice.  😁

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wemjam said:

That's the problem when you can't see body language or hear tone in the voice.  😁

I should have put a laughing emoji with the comment.

We have every single generation represented in my immediate family. My Dad is silent generation. My Mom is a Boomer. My husband and brothers are Gen X.  I am a "Xennial."  (I am right on the gen X/millenial cusp with some places putting me in Gen X and some putting me as a millenial.)   My oldest son is Gen Z and my youngest son is Generation Alpha.  Yet, I am the only "curser" in my family so I know it isn't about age.  It wasn't from upbringing but because I was constantly around out it when I was a litigation attorney for a decade. (And there was often a very good reason to curse.) My kids go to a private, Christian school and even though they are young, they "reprimand" me more for my cursing than my parents do.  My older son even got in trouble the other day for saying "What the"  Just those two words alone.  Because of what it implied, the teacher said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2023 at 7:27 AM, cruiserNC said:

We live in a world where people are easily offended. Some people are offended simply by your personal topic of conversation and feel it isn't appropriate for a cruise. The best thing you can do is leave and come back at a later time or throw some earbuds in and continue to enjoy your cruise.

On a cruise every minute counts (unless you are on a 100-something days world cruise).

• Like 1

On our last cruise, a guy wore a t-shirt with THE 4 letter word spelled out in huge letters. Not only did he wear it day 2, he lacks real intelligence and also wore it day 5. Obviously, no one said a word to the Neanderthal. Good heavens….   It was also my 6 yr old Ggirls 1st cruise. I was pretty disappointed he chose to wear it and the staff did nothing about.  

I don't mind what people say or do, because I stay out of their business.  I am on vacation and have learned in this day and time, I keep to me, myself, and I (and family), because if you say something to someone, they are always ready to fight.  Security is not going to get involved with foul language.  I cuss, but I'm also respectful and watch what I say around children, and older people, unless it's the older people that have pissed me off.  We may need to worry about more pressing matters, and not the cussing.  Just my honest opinion.

Edited by ch27088
  • Like 5

On 5/18/2023 at 4:33 PM, silvercrikhix said:

On our last cruise, a guy wore a t-shirt with THE 4 letter word spelled out in huge letters. Not only did he wear it day 2, he lacks real intelligence and also wore it day 5. Obviously, no one said a word to the Neanderthal. Good heavens….   It was also my 6 yr old Ggirls 1st cruise. I was pretty disappointed he chose to wear it and the staff did nothing about.  

Another rule that Carnival does not enforce...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 4:33 PM, silvercrikhix said:

Someone should have called guest services.  That's clearly offensive.

6 minutes ago, NCsonny said:

a black t-shirt with 4 white huge letters, probably 6” x 4”. That blatant of a display should be reported by the staff.  They all saw it and said nothing. Oh yeah, it said me or you underneath it in tiny letters, I don’t recall which but either way. Classless. 

Edited by silvercrikhix
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, NCsonny said:

Unless the crew of the ship consisted of Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Helen Keller - they knew and didn't care. Carnival rarely enforces any of their behavioral rules.

• Like 2