Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

Sid, or any recent cruisers....

Have you experienced extremely slow drink service at the bars and restaurants recently? I'm a bit nervous after reading some pretty awful reviews about that.  Putting another $300 on my current $300 bar tab to get the extra $50 which my husband and I normally would have no problem using, but wondering if we'll be stuck with bar tab money being lost at end of cruise.

Thinking service would be better if we used the bartenders you recommended Sid!

I think someone said you could buy wine from the bars if you have extra bar credit the night before you disembark.  Is that correct?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Sid, or any recent cruisers....

Have you experienced extremely slow drink service at the bars and restaurants recently? I'm a bit nervous after reading some pretty awful reviews about that.  Putting another $300 on my current $300 bar tab to get the extra $50 which my husband and I normally would have no problem using, but wondering if we'll be stuck with bar tab money being lost at end of cruise.

Thinking service would be better if we used the bartenders you recommended Sid!

I think someone said you could buy wine from the bars if you have extra bar credit the night before you disembark.  Is that correct?

The only place I ever had a wait for a drink was at Bimini... I suppose that if you're trying to get a drink at the pool bar during peak hours you might wait a few minutes, but I never experienced anything that prevented me from getting one... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhiteOptima said:

@sid_9169 do you have links to all your reviews?  Would like to read more.  Looking to do a solo in November and looking at Virgin and Norwegian.

Click on my username, then if you're on a mobile device, there's a little rectangle under my name. Click that and it'll bring up content or activity. Click that, then topics... That'll bring you to the page with everything I've ever done here... 

Thanks for reading, and hopefully you enjoy some of the older stuff!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

@sid_9169 do you have links to all your reviews?  Would like to read more.  Looking to do a solo in November and looking at Virgin and Norwegian.

Edited by tbmrt
Found response

12 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Click on my username, then if you're on a mobile device, there's a little rectangle under my name. Click that and it'll bring up content or activity. Click that, then topics... That'll bring you to the page with everything I've ever done here... 

Thanks for reading, and hopefully you enjoy some of the older stuff!

Thanks Sid...I'm on my PC this morning so will check there...If not, get you on my mobile later today!

• Like 2

Well, it had to happen eventually... The end of vacation, and my inevitable return to the 'ol salt mine... I don't want to do it, but somebody's gotta pay the bills. I'll be working on typing up the thank you list, and I'll hopefully have it up this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm fully entrenched in my life back on land, and already searching for the next adventure... 

PXL_20230530_114125447.thumb.jpg.b09924d3cf0ddff49688006353536530.jpg

PXL_20230530_114210881.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, it had to happen eventually... The end of vacation, and my inevitable return to the 'ol salt mine... I don't want to do it, but somebody's gotta pay the bills. I'll be working on typing up the thank you list, and I'll hopefully have it up this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm fully entrenched in my life back on land, and already searching for the next adventure... 

Somewhere there's a couple of bulls with a very hi pitched moooo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Virgin Voyages is tempting me again with this offer only good for 14 days following debarkation. Make a $300 deposit, and get $300 in Sailor Loot on my next sailing...

Screenshot_20230530-135112.thumb.png.9518b14a14124c26975e14cdc96a3208.png

Screenshot_20230530-135122.thumb.png.6d4dab7233eb64499c7990f3400105f4.png

Screenshot_20230530-135132.thumb.png.62fb9b194662bfba4f465a866e9d7f02.png

Screenshot_20230530-135140.png

That is tempting!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@sid_9169.....GO FOR IT......you know how much you enjoy the food and beverage on this line..,....we all only go this way ONCE!

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

That is tempting!!

I would really like to, but I've gotta figure out this hernia situation before I can make any more moves vacation wise...

• Like 8

The traditional thank you list is officially in the works, and I should have it finished tomorrow or the next day... My first day back to work wasn't the worst ever, and I'm glad it's a short work week. In other news: I sure would like to still be enjoying the beautiful Scarlet Lady right about now... 

PXL_20230530_234113698.jpg

• Like 25

I was so late to this one you were already home, but it was as entertaining as always! so glad you had a great time, I believe Virgin Voyages are heading our way later this year, I might have to look into booking one to give them a try!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

Thank you Sid for another great and informative review! It is awesome that you take the time to bring us all along with you!  P.S. I love the salt and pepper shakers

They'll be for sale on ebay soon, so look out!... (Not really...)

• Haha 12

The wheels are in motion for my hernia surgery... I've got a consultation scheduled in a few weeks, and then I'd imagine they're going to want to fix it pretty quick after that. 

I've been doing better with my non drinking nights, and I even started on a new painting over the long weekend. I've got to try and find enough things to keep me busy while I try and deal with this drinking problem. I know that it didn't appear that I went overboard with it while on the cruise, but when you do that seven nights a week, it can wear on you... I'm really focusing on it hard right now, as it's something I've been needing to deal with for years. 

I said way back at the beginning of this "review" that I had a lot of things in my life in need of repair, and I'm happy to say that I am giving a much greater effort than I have in the past...

Another of the little items I brought home with me from the tequila and mezcal class on board Scarlet Lady. The little book and traditional mezcal cup are a gift of taking the class... 

PXL_20230531_121606922.thumb.jpg.5118a803fa0a489d0a9831a8862e540e.jpg

PXL_20230531_121615372.jpg

• Like 28

On 5/30/2023 at 7:46 AM, sid_9169 said:

PXL_20230530_114125447.thumb.jpg.b09924d3cf0ddff49688006353536530.jpg

Sid, you've got quite a collection going, lol! Love that view out the window.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Also, it looks like today is the one year anniversary of my back to back cruise on Scarlet Lady... 

Screenshot_20230601-090537.thumb.png.ccb31f320ad130076f7b9a8ae83f7504.png

Screenshot_20230601-090546.png

I get incredibly annoyed with ignorant emails like this. I don't mind the offer, but not knowing that you just got off Scarlet Lady is inexcusable in my eyes. Surely the software should be able to account for recent history. 😨

• Like 5

On 5/29/2023 at 3:21 PM, tbmrt said:

I didn't have any problems, but I didn't use the pool bars. My booze showed up quickly at the restaurants too. I think in one instance they had to get another bottle of (something) from another location before I got one particular drink. Same cruise as this one.

• Like 5