Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

Wow - caught page one & then disappeared form Cruise Critic for a while...
Still catching up from our cruise 🙂 
Since you've cruised the cruise & are back home in Ay-Tee-El already, I'm way behind...
59 pages behind

Hope it was Magical & can't wait to dive in again...

Cheers  --  Von & John

• Like 4

Well, that time has come again for me to try and give back just a little bit to the great Cruise Critic community out there... (You know who you are.)

I always like to give thanks to all of you awesome people by thanking each and every person who were such a huge part of this entire journey. This trip had a few ups and downs along the way, but I always tried to keep it moving forward as best I could. A few minor transportation issues and the citizenM Worldcenter hotel aside, I think it was a great vacation... I currently find myself 225 days out from my next planned cruise, but hopefully that'll change once I get this hernia fixed. 

***First, I'd like to thank cml4958 for keeping up with all the responses. Without their help, this list would've taken at least another week, if not longer. 

So, if you could please stand up when I call your name, the official, better late than never thank you list is about to commence. In order of first appearance: 

Sugar Magnolia, Bohjang, Senators Fan, mazz1, Sea Viewer, CineGraphic, ontheweb, AKR2011, fethiyeden, Beav1279, VictorWI, Slainte57, Sj cruiser 1, MeganGC1983, lazydayz, ninjacat123, pbxtech, SeaShark, Sarnia 432, Sherry84, BigNance, az4ship, kelkel2, Hogladyrider, catgags, zencruisers, Cruisercl, blarko, princess76021, HBCruiser, Jamman54, Greenpea2, jbhcw, Roscoe13, odie1024, gd_at_sea, TNVolnteerCruiser, Cscomedygrl, icft, wynkys, bluetardis, VIFP1987, MzShae, keiann, figmentfreak, letteanne, dmet0225, canes20, tbmrt, lisabucsfan1, cellfree, illinoisfive, Harleydidi, 30palms, MikeandRon, HeyJut, Saint Greg, atanac, cml4958, Riles34, Shaded Lady, ociana, ceilidh1, carohs, JGmf, Qcsailor, RenoNanaOz, purpleally, #55worktoplay, rwest898, The_Force, Tyler414, pcrum, eileeshb, broberts, MeMetwo, deedle910, AmyJA, JinxyB, CruizinSusan70, happy cruiser, cruisebeachgirl703, CTCruiser001, coondog99, maluhia87, atticusthegreat, Lady Hudson, Falconrunner26, AdoraBelle, Moochi, ZoeyVictoria, CruizinKristin, CallistaSkye, ichiban35, Freelancer3, balcony bound, LatinInTexas, cavenger, Haljo1935, neverendingcruising, CLE2CRUISE, Rogueperson, southernredhead, Megatron4, Rulers Mom, Golfergirl1, ktmush2, _tacocat_, Ralph298, budgirl, threewide, Cairns Cruisers, luvcruzing, prbffd28, Tssweety, nccruzencouple, Mommapadraig, drewdawg199, gypsydeb, mark290, brookie848, Gabs0421, Cherries Jubilee, LindyWebb, Prometheus1, pcvtmom, Noworkforme23, cruises42, Happy0810, WhiteOptima, LincolnLegend, and Von & Jon…

Again, I thank every single one of you out there who followed along, even if you didn't actually reply... I love the lurkers just as much as those who responded... Until next time.........

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

Guess I’m a ‘Lurker’ this time.  Liked a lot of comments but didn’t actually post.  I’m going to have another glass of wine to drown my sorrows. 🍷😹 Like I need an excuse.🙀 

@sid_9169 great review, as always.  Good luck with the surgery.

• Like 3

Success...

I have finished all 59 pages & ready to tackle The Tribe...
OK maybe tomorrow for The Tribe 🙂 

Sid - Fantabulous Review as always & it looks like my first comment made it in just under the wire to make it on the Official Thank You List...
I must have timed that just right.

Your Pictures, Verbiage & Insights are spot on - as are the comments of everyone else who has joined the review...

Cheers All & Good Night - Von & John

• Like 8

On 5/19/2023 at 4:00 AM, sid_9169 said:

img_1_1683595379102.jpg

Hahaha  --  saved this meme to quote when I was done w/ the review...

I once had an intern who aggravated me beyond belief.

We were eating breakfast together one morning when he said something to annoy me again...
I thought I had such a good poker face - until he said: "You have a very expressive face."

Oops...  I of course apologized & have attempted to internalize those expressions over the years 🙂 

I wonder what ever happened to W******...

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mostly lurking, sometimes twerking, rarely working…but always enjoy your reviews and thrilled you decided to go live again. 

Though I am saddened by the thought that we will not enjoy the privilege of another one of your live reviews for a while, I think many would agree that we all would rather see you repair and reset before your next review. 

Cue Eagles (and Jackson Browne) Take It Easy

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Guess I’m a ‘Lurker’ this time.  Liked a lot of comments but didn’t actually post.  I’m going to have another glass of wine to drown my sorrows. 🍷😹 Like I need an excuse.🙀 

@sid_9169 great review, as always.  Good luck with the surgery.

Can another "Lurker" join you?  We'll raise our glasses to the "quiet" ones 🤪🍷

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Ryan at Extra Virgin and mentioned your recommendation. He said to say Hi to you.  Nice guy.  

We got back on 6/14 so I'm just getting caught up on things.  Wrote my Trip Report if you'd like to read it in the reviews.  

Thanks for all the help you gave me before our trip.  Hope your hernia operation goes well!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Is your surgery scheduled?

Consultation is coming up on July 7th, and hopefully surgery soon afterwards... I'm just ready to get it over with so I can plan my next adventure!...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

Saw Ryan at Extra Virgin and mentioned your recommendation. He said to say Hi to you.  Nice guy.  

We got back on 6/14 so I'm just getting caught up on things.  Wrote my Trip Report if you'd like to read it in the reviews.  

Thanks for all the help you gave me before our trip.  Hope your hernia operation goes well!

Glad I was able to help in some way shape or form... Thanks for reading!...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2023 at 7:13 AM, sid_9169 said:

Consultation is coming up on July 7th, and hopefully surgery soon afterwards... I'm just ready to get it over with so I can plan my next adventure!...

Sid, Did you have your surgery?  Hopefully so and you are now recovered and cruise ready! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Sid, Did you have your surgery?  Hopefully so and you are now recovered and cruise ready! 

I had the consultation a couple of weeks ago, and the surgery is set for August 14th... I wish that I could just get it over with tomorrow, but I'm at the mercy of their scheduling. God willing, I'll be healed up and ready for my next adventure on the Scarlet Lady October 18th!...

Screenshot_20230727-160156.png

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'm home recovering now and feeling some pain, but it's not that terrible. I even took a walk over to Publix just to get out of the house. If this continues I'll be back to my regular four mile walk in a couple of days... It won't be long now till the next one!!!...

Screenshot_20230815-135838.png

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'm home recovering now and feeling some pain, but it's not that terrible. I even took a walk over to Publix just to get out of the house. If this continues I'll be back to my regular four mile walk in a couple of days... It won't be long now till the next one!!!...

Screenshot_20230815-135838.png

YAY!!  Good to hear you are on the mend!  October 18 will be here soon😎

• Like 2