The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday May 19th, 2023

richwmn

@superoma oh Eva, what a shock. So very sorry for your loss. Sending blessings for you and your family. 
The process you describe for ON is the same where I was in New Mexico. As 911 we would stay with the deceased until the coroner, usually several hours. It’s a grueling day. You may not be able to sleep but I hope you can get some rest. After my mom died I was awake 3 days, then first sleep was filled with dreams, not bad dreams just busy trying to process!  Give yourself a warm hug. Check in here only if you feel like it, we’ll still keep you in our hearts!  M—

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, superoma said:

So my friends, I have had quite the day and it is very late to post. I went out to my father’s to take him shopping this morning and found him dead in the bathtub. He passed away some time yesterday (thur) according to the coroner. It is quite the process when someone dies at home, at least in Ontario. I called 911 of course, they pronounced, then the police showed up, then the coroner who gets to decide if there needs to be an autopsy, (not, he was almost 93), then the funeral home to remove the body. Late afternoon my sister and I went to the funeral home to sign paperwork. But, father, bless his heart, had prearranged everything. We will have a private committal service on Wednesday morning. So, asking for your prayers to get thru all this and them the estate stuff. 

i will put our family on the care list. I should be fine posting the lists over the next few days because I prep them at night. 

My sincere condolences to you era d your entire family.  Sending prayers 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, superoma said:

So my friends, I have had quite the day and it is very late to post. I went out to my father’s to take him shopping this morning and found him dead in the bathtub. He passed away some time yesterday (thur) according to the coroner. It is quite the process when someone dies at home, at least in Ontario. I called 911 of course, they pronounced, then the police showed up, then the coroner who gets to decide if there needs to be an autopsy, (not, he was almost 93), then the funeral home to remove the body. Late afternoon my sister and I went to the funeral home to sign paperwork. But, father, bless his heart, had prearranged everything. We will have a private committal service on Wednesday morning. So, asking for your prayers to get thru all this and them the estate stuff. 

i will put our family on the care list. I should be fine posting the lists over the next few days because I prep them at night. 

I'm so sorry to hear your extremely sad news.

Our prayers 🙏 and condolences are with you.

Graham and Pauline x

• Like 4

@superoma, I am so sorry about the passing of your father. The loss of a parent is difficult no matter their age. It appears he lived a nice long life, good for him and you. My prayers are with you, your family and all those who knew and loved him. May he RIP.

Caron

• Like 4

6 hours ago, superoma said:

Eva our deepest sympathy and prayers to you and your family in the loss of your father. Bruce

• Like 5

7 hours ago, superoma said:

Eva, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Roy

• Like 5

@Cruisercl - Tent caterpillars are voracious caterpillars that feed on certain trees, particularly fruit, nut, alder etc. They start as an almost invisible flat egg cluster on a trunk or branch. When they hatch they form a spun cocoon or tent. Thisy leave it in the daytime to feed on nearby leaves and return at night for warmth. As they grow the tent gets bigger and bigger and so do they. Eventually they don’t need shelter to survive and head out to strip the foliage in an ever expanding radius. Most years this is just annoying. Some years, there is a massive hatching and you drive past mile after mile of stripped trees.in a really bad year, migrating caterpillars can coat backroads so heavily it’s caused accidents due to the greasy surface. They are nasty.

And now you know far more about tent caterpillars than you ever wanted to know.

Cutting the nests out early will save your trees this year and reduce the population the next year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 5/19/2023 at 10:16 AM, aliaschief said:

Thanks Maureen. Got a few days. Fly to Barcelona June 1. Stay at the famous Cotton House free gratis from our travel agency and embark June 3. B.

Bruce,

Hope you like the Cotton House.  We stayed there last year.  I think it is overrated.  However if it’s free….  It’s in a nice area.  A quieter part of town.  Good restaurant.

Hope you enjoy Baracelona.

Terri

• Like 2

Again I want to thank all of you for your condolences, your good wishes, your cyber hugs. I am afraid to list names for fear of leaving someone out so please accept my blanket thank you.

my sister has just secured a restaurant for our group for after the funeral. The cemetery is in the county, close to Lake Erie and several restaurants turned down our group of 20/21. None are very big. But the one she secured will take us all.

really hoping I can sleep tonight, last night was terrible. Fingers crossed. This is the quiet before the “storm” for after the funeral we deal with the lawyer, the bank, etc etc. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

@Cruisercl - Tent caterpillars are voracious caterpillars that feed on certain trees, particularly fruit, nut, alder etc. They start as an almost invisible flat egg cluster on a trunk or branch. When they hatch they form a spun cocoon or tent. Thisy leave it in the daytime to feed on nearby leaves and return at night for warmth. As they grow the tent gets bigger and bigger and so do they. Eventually they don’t need shelter to survive and head out to strip the foliage in an ever expanding radius. Most years this is just annoying. Some years, there is a massive hatching and you drive past mile after mile of stripped trees.in a really bad year, migrating caterpillars can coat backroads so heavily it’s caused accidents due to the greasy surface. They are nasty.

And now you know far more about tent caterpillars than you ever wanted to know.

Cutting the nests out early will save your trees this year and reduce the population the next year. 

@Horizon chaser 1957, thank you for the lesson. How awful all around! Yuk!!!

Stay safe.

• Thanks 1