Favorite Ice Cream Flavor (s)

lenquixote66

2 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Pistachio, peppermint stick, frozen pudding, rum raisin, pineapple orange.  DW swears by coffee fudge.  

Forgot Rum Raisin.

Had it last September on the QM2 for dessert and very disappointed. Not sure if homemade or commercial. Disappointed really.

Peppermint Stick was Howard Johnson.

Just now, BklynBoy8 said:

Forgot Rum Raisin.

Had it last September on the QM2 for dessert and very disappointed. Not sure if homemade or commercial. Disappointed really.

Peppermint Stick was Howard Johnson.

We have Brighams…comes in quart size.  Their pistachio, peppermint stick, frozen pudding and others are really outstanding.  

• Thanks 1

Too many to name them all......I love lots of different ice creams. Even good ole Neapolitan. But love pistachio too.  Chocolate Chip and Mint Chocolate chip. Rocky Road and yes, peanut butter/chocolate.

Someone mentioned Butter Pecan? That was my Mom's favorite.

But I must admit Ben and Jerry's CHERRY GARCIA has been at the top of my list for a few years now😀

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Cherry Garcia is great.

My wife and I were at the Grand Opening of the very first Ben and Jerry’s in Burlington ,VT in 1978.

When we went to our vacation in 87 at the Von Trapp Lodge in Stowe, we took a day trip to B&J's

and they happen to be making Cherry Garcia that they introduced in Feb. earlier that year.

We got to taste it right out of the machine. Soft, Flavorful and Tasty.. Fresh crunks of Cherries not yet frozen. I could have used another cup they gave us.

My current favorite is mint chocolate chip.  Would enjoy a good white house (cherry vanilla) as well.

I used an ice cream maker for a while.  Bought a book of recipes, and decided to close my eyes and flip to a page, and make that.  I hit zucchini.  I made it; it was mild (aka bland).  But coffee was great.

Ice Cream adventures:

1) When I was 10 years old I lived around the corner from an ice cream plant.Every Friday at 3 PM kids lined up for free ice cream.

2) When I was 12 a Carvel opened across the street from a school I attended.Kids were late getting home every day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meander Ingwa said:

True fresh banana ice cream.  If it is yellow, it is not the real deal.  

Tillamook Chocolate and peanut butter.  Oh dear the peanut butter ribbon they put in that bowl of sin.

I will have try that one.

1 hour ago, Meander Ingwa said:

True fresh banana ice cream.  If it is yellow, it is not the real deal.  

Tillamook Chocolate and peanut butter.  Oh dear the peanut butter ribbon they put in that bowl of sin.

Is it anything like banana popsicles?  You just reminded me of them, and how much I liked them as a child.

36 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Is it anything like banana popsicles?  You just reminded me of them, and how much I liked them as a child.

Oh my have not seen a banana popsicle since the 60s. Trader Joes had bars they called Floes and the banana was tops. 

Fresh banana ice cream uses bananas like you would use in banana bread.  so the color is not glamorous but that yummy flavor is true and you should have chunks.  An acceptable alternative is a fresh milkshake made with banana and why not throw a slug of chocolate fudge in there.

A banana shake at DQ is just the thing is you are suffering on a hot summer day  That good potassium and calcium, dont you know

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I loved creamsicles,fudgeicles and ice cream in Dixie cups that had pictures of movie stars on the inside lids.

When I was younger.......................and remember the thrill I use to get being given a Dixie Cup and peeled off the paper top. And using the wooden not plastic stick spoon out of the paper sleeve.

I really liked the Hershey's Ice Cream Cup with the Vanilla Ice Cream and the middle with the Chocolate Syrup hard but slowly melting soft. YUMMY! 

Edited by BklynBoy8

15 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

When I was younger.......................and remember the thrill I use to get being given a Dixie Cup and peeled off the paper top. And using the wooden not plastic stick spoon out of the paper sleeve.

I really liked the Hershey's Ice Cream Cup with the Vanilla Ice Cream and the middle with the Chocolate Syrup hard but slowly melting soft. YUMMY! 

I never had a Hershey’s Ice Cream cup.

39 minutes ago, Harters said:

Pistachio or fruits of the forest.

Although you can't go wrong with a good quality vanilla, IMO. Such as Green & Black's Organic Vanilla.

Hi, never heard of Green & Black's. Are they an English Company?